Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gears 2 scans - shows shield, new enemy types and the return of Carmine!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Gears 2 scans - shows shield, new enemy types and the return of Carmine! - May 27, 2008 01:02

Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: Gears 2 scans - shows shield, new enemy types and the return of Carmine! - May 27, 2008 01:06
Wow the last one is cool
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Gears 2 scans - shows shield, new enemy types and the return of Carmine! - May 27, 2008 02:14
I don' t know what to make of it yet.

Gears was awesome, but I' m getting the vibe that 2 will be a repeat performance. From what we' ve seen thusfar, I can' t see any of the elements they' ve entered sticking out as particularly unique.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Gears 2 scans - shows shield, new enemy types and the return of Carmine! - May 27, 2008 03:39
Well I don' t think Gears 2 needs to be very unique, Gears 1 was a really fresh experience and all Geras 2 really needs to do is be ' bigger and better' .
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Gears 2 scans - shows shield, new enemy types and the return of Carmine! - May 27, 2008 03:46
I agree with Loco! Gears praticly created stop and pop gaming in the form that it has now.
Nitro

RE: Gears 2 scans - shows shield, new enemy types and the return of Carmine! - May 27, 2008 03:55

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

I agree with Loco! Gears praticly created stop and pop gaming in the form that it has now.

Not really...

Gears didn' t really bring anything new to the table... it just perfected bits taken from other games.

Gears 2 does need to be different because otherwise it' ll end up with 2 shitty sequels like Halo.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Gears 2 scans - shows shield, new enemy types and the return of Carmine! - May 27, 2008 04:23
It seems to be more of the same, I dont i will even pick it up . I dont like gears that much.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Gears 2 scans - shows shield, new enemy types and the return of Carmine! - May 27, 2008 04:55

Not really...

Never seen or heard of this game...

Wow.. Gears Totally ripped that of, even the way you can jump forward for cover behind objects.

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Gears 2 scans - shows shield, new enemy types and the return of Carmine! - May 27, 2008 05:44
Looking at Killswitch makes me feel spoiled with graphics we have today. And that was only a few years ago, imagine what kind of crazy shit we' ll have in a decade.

Vx Chemical

RE: Gears 2 scans - shows shield, new enemy types and the return of Carmine! - May 27, 2008 05:57

Not really...

Gears didn' t really bring anything new to the table... it just perfected bits taken from other games.

Gears 2 does need to be different because otherwise it' ll end up with 2 shitty sequels like Halo.

I agree every first person shooter since Quake 1 has been a crap

A game can excel at something without bringing something new to the table. Half-Life 2 didnt bring much new to the table, but its still first person shooter perfected.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Gears 2 scans - shows shield, new enemy types and the return of Carmine! - May 27, 2008 06:26
KillSwitch was a tough game...
Nitro

RE: Gears 2 scans - shows shield, new enemy types and the return of Carmine! - May 27, 2008 06:35

A game can excel at something without bringing something new to the table. Half-Life 2 didnt bring much new to the table, but its still first person shooter perfected.

Don' t talk shit.

I don' t know whether you played Half Life 2 at launch or not until later, but if you played it at launch you must have conveniently forgotten the massive impact Valves modified version of Havok had on the genre.

Not only was it the first FPS to utilize Newtonian physics but it was the first FPS to feature NPC facial expressions including lip syncing, positional surround sound audio, etc etc etc...

Half Life 2 set new standards for technical competence and storytelling delivery in the first person shooter genre.

If Gears of War 2 has no unique features and brings nothing new to the table then it' s not a sequel, it' s an expansion. Halo 3' s one redeeming feature is the theatre mode. The rest of the game is garbage. It' s the exact same game we played (or I played because i bought it day and date) in March 2002. It doesn' t even have a f.ucking sprint button, let alone ironsights.

Gears 2 will be badass. I don' t doubt Epic. It' ll have enough new stuff to warrant purchase, ...but that being said i' m not Microsoft' s bitch and i wouldn' t be happy to just receive more of the same. With an Uncharted sequel in the works and a cover system in every other game being released (even RE5)... Gears 2 can' t be a carbon copy of Gears, it has to move forward.
Vx Chemical

RE: Gears 2 scans - shows shield, new enemy types and the return of Carmine! - May 27, 2008 15:32

Don' t talk shit.

I don' t know whether you played Half Life 2 at launch or not until later, but if you played it at launch you must have conveniently forgotten the massive impact Valves modified version of Havok had on the genre.

Not only was it the first FPS to utilize Newtonian physics but it was the first FPS to feature NPC facial expressions including lip syncing, positional surround sound audio, etc etc etc...

Half Life 2 set new standards for technical competence and storytelling delivery in the first person shooter genre.

If Gears of War 2 has no unique features and brings nothing new to the table then it' s not a sequel, it' s an expansion. Halo 3' s one redeeming feature is the theatre mode. The rest of the game is garbage. It' s the exact same game we played (or I played because i bought it day and date) in March 2002. It doesn' t even have a f.ucking sprint button, let alone ironsights.

Gears 2 will be badass. I don' t doubt Epic. It' ll have enough new stuff to warrant purchase, ...but that being said i' m not Microsoft' s bitch and i wouldn' t be happy to just receive more of the same. With an Uncharted sequel in the works and a cover system in every other game being released (even RE5)... Gears 2 can' t be a carbon copy of Gears, it has to move forward.

The way i look at things, having facial expression and using advanced physics is just natural progression of tech in games. I dont see it as bringing something new to the table.

Regarding the storytelling in Half-life 2, it sucked donkey balls, which is why they' ve changed parts of the formula for the episodes especially episode 2.

Now Half-Life 2 was a head of its time thats for sure.

Making Gears of War 2, adding new levels, new story and a few gameplay tweaks makes it a worthy sequel in my eyes.

Uncharted 2 will be great, but will it bring something new to the table apart from Uncharted, I doubt it, more of the same with minor tweaks.

Every new sequel cant revolutionize the genre, i certainly dont hope you expect that.
Nitro

RE: Gears 2 scans - shows shield, new enemy types and the return of Carmine! - May 27, 2008 19:34

Every new sequel cant revolutionize the genre

Obviously, but most sequels at least have better graphics.

To see where i' m going with this, check out Rainbow Six Vegas 2.
Vx Chemical

RE: Gears 2 scans - shows shield, new enemy types and the return of Carmine! - May 27, 2008 20:19

To see where i' m going with this, check out Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

I understand. the problem with R6 2 is that it is worse than the original, in all aspects.

If gears 2 has better action but everything is more or less the same with a new story, i wont complain much.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Gears 2 scans - shows shield, new enemy types and the return of Carmine! - May 28, 2008 09:12
I trust Cliff.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Gears 2 scans - shows shield, new enemy types and the return of Carmine! - May 28, 2008 09:16
Clay Aiken.
Nitro

RE: Gears 2 scans - shows shield, new enemy types and the return of Carmine! - May 28, 2008 09:30

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Clay Aiken.

emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Gears 2 scans - shows shield, new enemy types and the return of Carmine! - May 28, 2008 09:39

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Don' t talk shit.

Leave Vx alone, he' s my bitch.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message