Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gay Lesbian Pride, bad?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 34
Zarathustra

• Total Posts : 140
Gay Lesbian Pride, bad? - Mar 26, 2009 08:34
I recently found out via email, that the recent gay pride parade in LA county stared Law Enforcement Officers in and around LA county, as well as Fire-EMS personnel. Now I already knew that most "large" rallies features public servants. But what I did not know, or take seriously, was that people actually thought it was the 90's. Some white trash yokels were trying to get these public servants FIRED because they were homosexual. Now, what pissed me off, is that it's the 21st century and  I foresaw people actually not caring about whether or not somebody was gay. Their theory, is that at the time(at least this was their excuse) gays were not allowed into the military, so why should we allow gays into a public servant position?

I could honestly care less if the person covering my ass on a felony stop, or the person who is in the back of the ambulance with me on a cardiac arrest, or the person who is assisting me in a search and rescue operation in a house fire is gay or not. I don't classify people. I honestly don't. If you're gay, that's fine. By gay I'm referring to both Lesbians and Gay men(in case some people were confused, I doubt it). If they want to do the job, and if they do the training, why not? They should not be ashamed of themselves. Most of them are not. I have a homosexual who is my Shift Medic(On a ambulance, the shift medic is the guy in charge). I don't think of him as gay, I think of him as a friend, because that's what I consider him.

It just really pisses me off that this is the 21st century and people still care about who's gay or not. It's really pointless. Let them live their life, fuck off.

_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:Gay Lesbian Pride, bad? - Mar 26, 2009 09:45
This is two different issues...

I have gay friends too so i know where you're coming from, but since two members of the same sex can't procreate i have to hold the view that homosexuality is unnatural.

As to whether gay/lesbian pride is bad... i think it probably is. Gay pride festivals and parades only serve to re-enforce the fact that there is a difference between hetero and homosexuals... chemical, hormonal or mental. It's not a way of saying "oh hey... we're just like you!" ...it's a way of saying "we're different and proud!" ...which is all good and well because i'm sure as a group they feel like they've been oppressed, but it's counter-productive on most fronts.

But hey... at least they ain't Jewish or anything.
Zarathustra

Re:Gay Lesbian Pride, bad? - Mar 26, 2009 10:28
I see where you're coming from. Like, I could respect a gay person just as much as a non-gay person. To me, it comes down to what kind of person they are. Unfortunately in this day and age, the "white man" can't really go- "I'm white and I'm proud!" without some dumb ass shouting- "Go home bigot". I guess its gotten to the point where we've shifted opinions. Where it used to be- "Niggers get out", to "Fags get out", and now it's to the point where you can't really say anything without somebody taking it the wrong way.

You did have really good points.
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:Gay Lesbian Pride, bad? - Mar 26, 2009 11:35
It's a similar situation to the self-seclusion of Jewish and Muslim communities here in the UK. The Jewish community in Greater Manchester is predominantly based in a single residential suburb called Prestwich. One one side of a main road you have a huge Jewish community, and on the other you have everybod else. They all walk arouin their black suits and hats, with their silly ringlets in their hair etc... and they don't mix with the rest of the wider community, having their own schools, doctors, police etc... and then wonder why they are subject to abuse.

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Gay Lesbian Pride, bad? - Mar 26, 2009 15:09
People oppress themselves.

Part of the issue is our reliance on culture.  I view culture as a set of tools that we've adapted to, its forced on us by our survival instincts.  It's unfortunate that groups who have been marginalized feel that their traits constitute a culture, or rather culture is manifested from these traits.  The reason I say its unfortunate is because having a more unique identity will only make them marginalized even more.  I'm guessing this is what majik was talking about.  I don't like gay pride parades either.  I don't like any parades actually.  Why fuck traffic to please a minority?  Fuck 'em, get off the goddam road. 

As for homosexuality being unnatural, I have to disagree with this.  I used the same reasoning only a few years ago.  Sex is for reproduction, gays can't reproduce thus it's not natural.  I rejected this argument after hearing dozens of christians use it poorly.  Eventually I had to admit that I don't have sex to reproduce.  I never did and I never will. If we're going to use the natural fallocy i would argue that it's more natural for a gay couple to want to adopt than for me to consider a visectome. Given the fact that we have many children in orphanages they should be allowed to adopt as well. An orphanage is pretty much the worst place for a child. 

If you want to get deeper in the argument we have to understand how sexuality develops.  After some reflexion and research it seems to me that sexuality is mostly developed after birth.  Just look at identical twins. It's been observed many times where one twin is straight and another is gay. This however doesn't mean that its a choice. Its not a black and white thing. Gender isn't even black and white.  Sexuality isn't as simple as straight and gay.  Sexuality refers to anything we can be attracted to. It's just a preference. This deterministic process is the same for everyone.  Why are some people attracted to blonds and some are attracted to asians or africans?  We're not born with these preferences, we're only born with the potential for a sexuality.  I imagine most of us are straight males but that's almost non-descript.  Saying that I'm straight in order to describe my sexuality would be like trying to describe a Ferrari as a red car.  It's such a small detail albeit a significant one.  This is more obvious when you look at beastiality and objectophilia.  Sexuality covers such a wide spectrum. 

Beastiality and objectophilia are pretty fucked up though.  I imagine a person would have to be under certain pressures to be attracted to non humans.  Really sad actually.     

I bet these preferences are purely psychological in most cases.  Being straight is just as weird as being gay.

The question in my mind isn't why are people gay but why are people so picky? It's strange how we categorize everything when you look at things objectively.  I've seen guys that are more feminin than some women yet I still wouldn't be interested in them.            

Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Gay Lesbian Pride, bad? - Mar 26, 2009 15:30
Nice to see some sense when we have another thread about someone being bullied out of their job because of their sexuality followed by a list of "ROFL" comments.

If people are taking holidays to go to this then fine, but it's not right for emergency services staff to pull a sickie to attend.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Gay Lesbian Pride, bad? - Mar 26, 2009 19:25
Iad umboros

Nice to see some sense when we have another thread about someone being bullied out of their job because of their sexuality followed by a list of "ROFL" comments.

If people are taking holidays to go to this then fine, but it's not right for emergency services staff to pull a sickie to attend.

No one was "bullied" out of their job. He's was a crying bitch trying to play the victim card. If he was being harassed he could have called the MS EO(equal opportunity) Office and had the matter handled. Instead he cried "depression", took 7 months off work, and now wants to be paid for it. Self pitying pussies should kill themselves.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Gay Lesbian Pride, bad? - Mar 26, 2009 21:38
If there were "Straight Pride" parades, the world would go apeshit.  You are not allowed to be proud of being straight, or being white, or being a male.  It is wrong.  With all of the affirmative action nonsense going on, I'd almost have to say that the straight white male is the most oppressed individual today.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
Re:Gay Lesbian Pride, bad? - Mar 26, 2009 22:27

I have gay friends too so i know where you're coming from, but since two members of the same sex can't procreate i have to hold the view that homosexuality is unnatural.

This is exactly how I feel I don't really care what people do. But Man and Man or Woman and Woman are very different than man and woman. I think they should be able to unite there union but I can would not call it marriage.  Equal rights is one thing but having the same rights as some one that can procreate is another.

This is a very touchy subject.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Gay Lesbian Pride, bad? - Mar 26, 2009 22:34
I am a straight male with a great girlfriend and although I am not opposed to marriage I really don't see any benefit other than tax stuff or "right-of-possessions" if one of us kicks the bucket.
Iad umboros

Re:Gay Lesbian Pride, bad? - Mar 26, 2009 23:52
immortaldanmx

Iad umboros

No one was "bullied" out of their job. He's was a crying bitch trying to play the victim card. If he was being harassed he could have called the MS EO(equal opportunity) Office and had the matter handled. Instead he cried "depression", took 7 months off work, and now wants to be paid for it. Self pitying pussies should kill themselves.

Bullshit.  He should never have had that happen to him in the first place.

From the source:

"Durrant's complaints to the human resources department resulted in nothing more than a promise to send round a memo on how to behave in a diverse workplace once the firm updated their official policies, which never happened. "
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Gay Lesbian Pride, bad? - Mar 27, 2009 01:59
I hate to say it, but some people just need to suck it up. I had a job working fast food where I was the only white employee. While at work my name was Whiteboy/Whitey/other oh-so-clever names. Always got treated like shit. What did I do? Did my job and ignored everyone else. I couldn't complain to my boss as she was actually the first one to start calling me Whitey, what good would it do? Also the guy was never actually threatened with physical harm, just called some names by some immature faggots(no pun intended).
Iad umboros

Re:Gay Lesbian Pride, bad? - Mar 27, 2009 03:02
It's not that simple though.  There's a fine line between having a joke with friends/colleagues, and harrasment.  In your case, it sounds like your co-workers crossed it, but that doesn't mean you should just "Suck it up".  The guy was driven to depression, and in the UK there have been many white-on-white instances in the army where young soldiers have committed suicide in their barracks because there was no one to talk to.  I hope the guy on the other thread gets a fucking huge pay out, and I hope Microsoft learn a lession and take those responsible to disciplinary.  The simple fact is, all it would have taken is a manager to say "Knock it off" and it would have been nipped in the bud.  Now this guy is probably fucked for a career because who is going to want to take him on?  It's shit, pure and simple.

And now I sound like a right-on asshole too.  Fuck.
immortaldanmx

Re:Gay Lesbian Pride, bad? - Mar 27, 2009 06:39
Iad umboros

It's not that simple though.  There's a fine line between having a joke with friends/colleagues, and harrasment.  In your case, it sounds like your co-workers crossed it, but that doesn't mean you should just "Suck it up".  The guy was driven to depression, and in the UK there have been many white-on-white instances in the army where young soldiers have committed suicide in their barracks because there was no one to talk to.  I hope the guy on the other thread gets a fucking huge pay out, and I hope Microsoft learn a lession and take those responsible to disciplinary.  The simple fact is, all it would have taken is a manager to say "Knock it off" and it would have been nipped in the bud.  Now this guy is probably fucked for a career because who is going to want to take him on?  It's shit, pure and simple.

Maybe you missed my point. When nothing was done, he could take it higher up to the actual MS EO, not just Lionhead. Im almost 100% certain that a large corporation like MS would want to avoid lawsuits, and therefore would take action.

As for the being butthurt, oh well. If you're different(in an unnatural way) youre going to get made fun of. Shit happens, and he shouldve have kept it to himself that he was gay. Just like the person bitching about being banned on LIVE. Its no one's business if youre gay or straight, and the faggots(yes, I said it) would play the victim card if everyone went around proclaiming how theyre straight. Double standards equal fail, which everyone (except that stupid nigger(means ignorant, not black) MikayD) understands.
Zarathustra

Re:Gay Lesbian Pride, bad? - Mar 27, 2009 11:13
Iad umboros

They were all off duty.
Iad umboros

Re:Gay Lesbian Pride, bad? - Mar 27, 2009 22:26
immortaldanmx

Iad umboros

Maybe you missed my point. When nothing was done, he could take it higher up to the actual MS EO, not just Lionhead. Im almost 100% certain that a large corporation like MS would want to avoid lawsuits, and therefore would take action.

As for the being butthurt, oh well. If you're different(in an unnatural way) youre going to get made fun of. Shit happens, and he shouldve have kept it to himself that he was gay. Just like the person bitching about being banned on LIVE. Its no one's business if youre gay or straight, and the faggots(yes, I said it) would play the victim card if everyone went around proclaiming how theyre straight. Double standards equal fail, which everyone (except that stupid nigger(means ignorant, not black) MikayD) understands.

Holy Jebus, redneck.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Gay Lesbian Pride, bad? - Mar 27, 2009 23:31
The whole gay pride thing bothers me. The gay community at large I'm sure would settle for being equal, but that's not what gay pride is all about. Gay pride is about special privilege for a specific group of individuals, and I think that's out of order.

I don't expect gays to approve of my lifestyle, because, be it due to my faith, or my bull-headedness, I'm just not looking for societal approval in my lifestyle habits. As a straight guy, I find gay behavior gross, and expressing that gets me a lot of flak. Gross in the same way that I find beastiality, or BDSM or elderly people getting it on gross. It just does nothing for me.

If gays don't want to be "treated differently", then perhaps nose-rubbing those differences in the faces of the rest of the 97-99% of the world isn't such a good idea.

Double standards equal fail, which everyone (except that stupid nigger(means ignorant, not black) MikayD) understands.

Watch it.

I know what you're implying, but your connotation isn't held by the community at large. Find a new word.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
Re:Gay Lesbian Pride, bad? - Mar 28, 2009 00:35
I support anything that upsets the status quo. The tyrany of majority pisses me off.

Oppression isn't ok just because most people agree.

The gay community hasn't gotten angry enough yet. They're still being too nice about the social double standards. They need to start a seriously large scale movement. Start interrupting people's lives and livelyhoods. 

Hell, my ancestors were beaten in the street and chased down by dogs before this country decided to give them equal rights. The gay community hasn't earned it yet.

immortaldanmx

Re:Gay Lesbian Pride, bad? - Mar 28, 2009 01:46
Iad umboros

immortaldanmx

Iad umboros

Holy Jebus, redneck.

Says the one too stupid to know the true meaning of a word, even though I clearly stated it.

And just so you know, dumbass, redneck is as much of a racial slur as any other insult based on race, creed, etc.
<message edited by immortaldanmx on Mar 28, 2009 01:50>
Iad umboros

Re:Gay Lesbian Pride, bad? - Mar 30, 2009 19:47
immortaldanmx

Says the one too stupid to know the true meaning of a word, even though I clearly stated it.

So because you stated a meaning not held at all in contemporary culture that is what it means?  You're the one being stupid.  To use that word against a black member of this forum is not funny.  Even if you think you're being hilariously outrageous, which is what it looks like.

immortaldanmx

And just so you know, dumbass, redneck is as much of a racial slur as any other insult based on race, creed, etc.

Rednecks are not a race.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 34

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread