Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Games that managed to transcend generation boundries...
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 25 of 25
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Games that managed to transcend generation boundries... - Oct 06, 2006 10:45
Your right ! I was confused - i' m still half a sleep & at work. So it was about graphics then and not about gameplay? Ah now i get! Sorry about that.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Games that managed to transcend generation boundries... - Oct 06, 2006 10:55
Oh no, you meant gameplay wise.. Ok I suppose those 2 are a given as well
but I am more inclined to agree with you on OoT than Mario 64...

Gameplay wise OoT was way ahead...

Mario 64? Not so much..
Tim Strickland

• Total Posts : 101
RE: Games that managed to transcend generation boundries... - Oct 06, 2006 10:59
Mario 64 was by NO means transcending its generation, simply because it was the game that brought IN the new generation. OoT was a great game as well, but I don' t think it was too far ahead of what was currently out on the market.

Not to shoot down your titles or anything, these are just my thoughts on the topic!
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Games that managed to transcend generation boundries... - Oct 06, 2006 11:04
Mario 64 and Zelda OOT were cloned to death, but they would still be damn good games with graphical uphauls, sameway Conker was still awesome on Xbox even though it was an N64 game.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Games that managed to transcend generation boundries... - Oct 06, 2006 11:07
I place my vote for Mercenaries.

Many newer games are set up in a similar run-and-gun, while allowing one to strategize, style.

Worked well for the PS2 and XBOX, and is expected to make an appearance on the 360 before long (if I understand right).
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 25 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message