Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gameplayer' s Predictions
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
Gameplayer' s Predictions - Dec 14, 2007 10:32
So, I found these two articles while surfing the web on a site called gameplayer, their Australia branch. Granted, I' ve never heard of this site and I don' t know how reliable they are, but I found both of these articles pretty interesting:

About PS3

About Xbox 360

I do think they have some valid points on both articles, and I do disagree in some others. What do you guys think of these predictions anyway? Pretty accurate? Far fetched?

I' ll post some more later, right now, I gotta run, going to the movies
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Gameplayer' s Predictions - Dec 14, 2007 13:16
To many holes and opinions in those articles. Kind of a crappy read if you ask me.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Gameplayer' s Predictions - Dec 14, 2007 14:11
I have no doubt the next Xbox will beat the next PS to launch but I think they overstated the difference. Xbox 3 will likely launch after 2009 and the PS4 will definitely launch before 2014.

The wild card is Nintendo. They have all the advantages to launch their next machine first as they' ve been profitable with Wii on day one. However, it doesn' t seem like they even need to worry about being competitive. Nintendo is by far in the best position. They' re not going in debt by selling Wiis, infact they don' t even need to sell any software. Meanwhile Microsoft and Sony are dying for marketshare to carry the burden of manufacturing costs. Nintendo can' t even stock the shelves with hardware, dispite producing 1.8 million Wiis per month. Even if Wii demand subsides maybe two years from now they can drop the price by 50$ and still sell the thing at profit...crooks. Personally I doubt Nintendo will bother to launch the next one before Xbox 3. They' re just going to sit on their laurels and milk the Gimp for all it' s worth. And I fucking hope they pay for this insolence.

Even when they do launch their next monstrosity, I have no reason to believe they will change their strategy. It will probably be similar to the 360 in terms of performance. With almost nothing to offer over the 360 or PS3, except a gimicky controller and Nintendo games.

Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Gameplayer' s Predictions - Dec 15, 2007 01:33
Hmm..

All i know, im Glad glad ive read the market well enough to buy shares in Nintendo just before the DS was released.

Sitting on a decent sum not selling them just yet.
Chimura

RE: Gameplayer' s Predictions - Dec 15, 2007 01:42
I wish I had money for shares, I would have be on the DS bandwagon a long time ago
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Gameplayer' s Predictions - Dec 15, 2007 01:54

I wish I had money for shares, I would have be on the DS bandwagon a long time ago

Thing is, most peoples imaginations were way to shallow to ever think the DS would have been a success. I remember countless arguements with people trying to tell me DS would flop. But the time people realised it' s broad potential, the huge rise in shares rocketed and it was too Late

Chimura

RE: Gameplayer' s Predictions - Dec 15, 2007 02:03
However thinks Nintendo would fail at the handheld market needs their brain checked. They' ve owned that sucker since the beginnings of time (not counting the Virtual Boy, but that was more tableheld than handheld)
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Gameplayer' s Predictions - Dec 15, 2007 02:37

However thinks Nintendo would fail at the handheld market needs their brain checked. They' ve owned that sucker since the beginnings of time (not counting the Virtual Boy, but that was more tableheld than handheld )

Yep.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Gameplayer' s Predictions - Dec 15, 2007 05:57
When it comes to Nintendo, I get the feeling that we could see the Wii2 or whatever they call it sometime in 2009. I wouldn' t be surprised at all if we heard news of this at next years E3.

As for the next XBOX and the PS4, I am of the opinion that Sony has seen what can happen with a one year delay, and next time around will be on the ball and will launch either right along side the next XBOX or at the very latest 2-3 months after.
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: Gameplayer' s Predictions - Dec 15, 2007 06:55
From now on, anybody linking to anything from that site will be bitch-slapped...[:' (]

As for Nintendo... they don' t need to even think about anything right now. DS is still going, Wii is crushing every console ever, ...there' s no reason for Nintendo to plan anything right now. Sure there will be ideas tossed around but i think they' re perfectly content to sit on their laurels for a couple of years before deciding what their next console will be.
Chimura

RE: Gameplayer' s Predictions - Dec 15, 2007 08:02

From now on, anybody linking to anything from that site will be bitch-slapped...

That answers my question as to wether or not they are reliable

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message