Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On - Apr 09, 2008 02:44
LINK

Cops and Crooks mode sounds the best to me so far, with GTA Cart sounding like it will be a lot of fun as well. Good to see that Rockstar has put just as much effort into the MP component as they have the SP.

Bring on April 29 and my copy courtesy of the guys here at Kikizo!!!!!!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On - Apr 09, 2008 02:47
I had to preorder mine since its selling out across europe and its not even released yet!
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On - Apr 09, 2008 05:53
As much (well deserved) crap as I have given Rockstar for their sloppy games in the past, I would like for these multiplayer modes to be solid and fun. I just ain' t getting my hopes up about it.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On - Apr 09, 2008 05:54
I’ve pre-ordered the damn thing twice just to get it. One is the special edition though which looks sweet. The multiplayer is quite unexpected but I just knew it was going to be greatness even from the first trickle of information about it. Cops ‘n Crooks caught my eye and sounds the most fun. The idea of an 8 v 8 car chase through the city is amazing. The other modes sound great too and I’m impressed with the racing aspect of it too. For a while I thought it might just be a bit like Burnout Paradise. It’s good to be proved wrong in this instance.
Sarge John

• Total Posts : 10
RE: GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On - Apr 11, 2008 03:03

ORIGINAL: Zoy

As much (well deserved) crap as I have given Rockstar for their sloppy games in the past, I would like for these multiplayer modes to be solid and fun. I just ain' t getting my hopes up about it.

What are you saying, man! I would leave before someone flames you.
The preview said it was solid. And their games arnt sloppy. They' re just abit stiff. Such as no ragdolls.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On - Apr 11, 2008 04:44

The preview said it was solid. And their games arnt sloppy. They' re just abit stiff. Such as no ragdolls.

Holy over-reaction to a post batman.

He has been a member for 2 years, so I don' t think he is going to leave anytime soon, nor would we want him to.

Remember that Rockstar doesn' t just make GTA. They have multiple other titles, not all of which I have enjoyed.

What Zoy should mention though is which games he is talking about, and which part of Rockstar he is speaking of. Rockstar North is the one making GTA4, whereas Bully for example was developed by Rockstar Vancouver and Rockstar New England(in the case of Wii, and 360).
phethead

• Total Posts : 1
RE: GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On - Apr 11, 2008 17:41
oh my god i just read about this and almost blew my load in my pants and as for you lot moaning about it look at all the other gta games they did not screw up there did they the single player is all i was bothered about but this is mad i dont know if im going to play the single player side or multiplayer side first
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On - Apr 12, 2008 01:02

Zoy is a pimp. Shush yourself, please.

I have to agree with him on some counts. While the GTA games are entertaining, up until Liberty City Stories they hadn' t drawn my interest, and certainly have some pretty major flaws.

Now, with that said, most of them appear to be rectified in GTA4, and I can see it drawing in far more new fans to the series than any other.

oh my god i just read about this and almost queefed and as for you lot moaning about it look at my piss-poor grammar i should probably have repeated most of my primary school years because after that i may just have the ability to string together words into coherent sentences though sadly i spent more time killing digital hookers and running over virtual pedestrians single player is all i was bothered about but this is mad i dont know if im going to play the single player side or go get my high school equivalency first

Punctuation Count:0
Capitalization Count:0
Sexual References:1
Coherent Thoughts:0

...No.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On - Apr 12, 2008 01:33

Punctuation Count:0
Capitalization Count:0
Sexual References:1
Coherent Thoughts:0

LOL
Sarge John

• Total Posts : 10
RE: GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On - Apr 13, 2008 04:51

ORIGINAL: Dagashi

Holy over-reaction to a post batman.

He has been a member for 2 years, so I don' t think he is going to leave anytime soon, nor would we want him to.

Remember that Rockstar doesn' t just make GTA. They have multiple other titles, not all of which I have enjoyed.

What Zoy should mention though is which games he is talking about, and which part of Rockstar he is speaking of. Rockstar North is the one making GTA4, whereas Bully for example was developed by Rockstar Vancouver and Rockstar New England(in the case of Wii, and 360).

He must be some saddo if he spends 2 years looking at one forum topic! When i mean leave i mean leave the topic. I dont think anyone should force anyone to leave a gaming site just because someone tells them to. By the way, who is this " batman" you speak of? I know about the batman film but on the forums?
Zoy

RE: GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On - Apr 13, 2008 06:24
I' ve explained my criticisms with the previous GTA games numerous times, so for the sake of everyone who' s been around for a while I wasn' t going to get back into it. But for you, John, it boils down to these points:

The controls have been loose, flabby, whatever you want to call the opposite of tight controls. Especially for a game that emphasizes driving so much, the driving controls have generally been pretty loose. It' s something more than just adapting to different vehicles with different weights and handling characteristics. Furthermore, the loose driving controls have been aggravated by terrain that is so low-poly that the cars actually bounce over the rough edges of polygons that are supposed to define curved hills.

The problems with targeting and fighting in general have been discussed at large; it' s obviously not just me who has complained about them. It seems to be a key point that Rockstar has themselves made, that they' ve improved upon the substandard targeting.

The multiple mini-games and RPG elements to me have seemed half-hearted in their implementation. Yeah, you can stop off somewhere and play some half-working game of pool. Or grind for ten minutes to pump up your character at the gym. Or take part in a kind of shallow relationship sim that is constantly nagging you while you' re trying to manage all your gang territories... my point is, what' s the point of a game where you can do 100 different things when 95 of them are kind of half-assed?

The animation has always been rough and glitchy... just walking around people on the street can be annoying. The cut scenes all look like unedited mo-cap.

Those have been my main complaints, and my subsequent complaint is how the gaming press has always creamed themselves over each installment of the games upon release -- and only six months or a year later, when the next installment comes out, do they remark upon the major problems of the previous installment, which are now going to be improved upon. It' s irresponsible journalism in my eyes. The fact that Kikizo' s GTA:SA review gooshes all over it without acknowledging any of the problems at the time just says to me that they got caught up in the hype, and just maybe they are caught up in the hype this time, too.

Now, I' m not all against the GTA series. I' ve always felt that the scriptwriting, particularly the sharp satirical radio stations and commercials, are the best thing about the series. And like I said before, I hope GTAIV is a great game with solid controls and better animation. It looks like a lot of fun if they really make a solid game, and not just a sloppy game that is spread too thin.

So, those are my opinions from my perspective. I' m always open to discussing them, but I can' t take it seriously if you think you' re going to order me to leave a topic on your first day on the forum.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On - Apr 13, 2008 06:43
With the size of the game engine and the scope of the game I don' t see how a PS2 could possible be refined. There are too many things to do and it all has to fit on 32MB of ram. GTA4 is guaranteed to control much better as the hardware isn' t limiting in this regard.
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 13 Apr 08 1:46:57 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On - Apr 13, 2008 08:51
All I have to say is Natural Motion. But thats probably not enough to those who know nothing of it.

This isn' t GTA we all know right now. There is no motion cap. There is no pre-rendered death animation. Everything has more life and depth to it. Nothing canned. This is the same engine being used in Star Wars Force Unleashed.

Its gonna be the first game out demonstrating this new tech. Any gamer needs to at least try it once.
Zoy

RE: GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On - Apr 13, 2008 08:53
Oh yeah, don' t get me wrong, I' ll be trying it. I hope it' s really good. But I think my points about the press kind of giving Rockstar a free pass in the past, admiring the ambition moreso than the actual execution, are fairly accurate.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On - Apr 13, 2008 09:20
Yeah I' ve never really got into the 3D gta games because the controls were always such crap. Hopefully they' re at least decent this time.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On - Apr 13, 2008 09:20
Yeah. I did like Saints Row' s quality (albeit they had next gen hardware to work with) but it lacked GTA' s style. Now GTA4 looks to blend both and finely earn the massive praise it gets.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On - Apr 13, 2008 13:50

How can you guys stand to play such filth that is corrupting our world?
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On - Apr 13, 2008 20:07
That' s funny.... He had JUST bought the game...
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On - Apr 13, 2008 20:14
lol, stupid press.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: GTAIV Multiplayer Modes Hands On - Apr 13, 2008 20:16
I' m going to hijack one of the trucks containing a GTA4 shipment. If they catch me I' ll say " I did it for the bitches and lulz" .
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message