Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Firefox quirk
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 45
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Firefox quirk - Aug 26, 2007 07:30
I suppose it' s because you are on a Mac. Because on Windows not choosing Opera (unless you are some programmer wunderkind who can make fully use of Firefox' open source structure) is definitely the wrong choice.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Firefox quirk - Aug 26, 2007 08:53

ORIGINAL: Zoy

I don' t randomly press the apostrophe key, pissant! I press it whenever it' s needed in a word like " don' t" or " it' s." Do you even know what a f***ing apostrophe is?!

I expect silence from you from now on, nuisance!

If you' re in the middle of typing up text hitting apostrophe wont bring anything up. It' s only if you press it while you' re not typing anything in, which is retarded for you to be doing that.

STOP RANDOMLY PRESSING IT AND ONLY USE IT WHEN YOU NEED TO TYPE. MORON.
< Message edited by emofag -- 26 Aug 07 0:53:39 >
emofag

RE: Firefox quirk - Aug 26, 2007 08:54

ORIGINAL: Evilkiller

I suppose it' s because you are on a Mac. Because on Windows not choosing Opera (unless you are some programmer wunderkind who can make fully use of Firefox' open source structure) is definitely the wrong choice.

No it' s not, Opera sucks ass.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Firefox quirk - Aug 26, 2007 11:00
Opera pwns nubs. It is the fastest, has more features, uses less memory and less disk space. The only legit excuse to use anything is because you' re an open source whore and bate to firefox.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Firefox quirk - Aug 26, 2007 15:43
If I were using a computer with 256MB of RAM and 2 GB of hard disk space, I might care if a browser took up less space and used less memory. But I have 4GB of RAM and 1.25 TB of space all hooked up to an ISP that is so fast that the page loads well before you request it.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Firefox quirk - Aug 26, 2007 22:15
The " features" are uselsss and redundant, and unless you' re on dial-up the speed difference is so small it' s irrelevant.

And if you' re worried about the amount of memory your browser uses, you SERIOUSLY need to upgrade your computer.

The most legit reason not to use Opera is,as Evilkiller so eloquently put it, Opera sucks ass.
locopuyo

RE: Firefox quirk - Aug 27, 2007 02:41
Whatever, your feeble monkey brain just can' t handle its superiority.
emofag

RE: Firefox quirk - Aug 27, 2007 03:12
IMO you need more ram.

I run Windows Vista (memory hog), burn a DVD, have photoshop and 10 firefox tabs open, while at the same time playing Bioshock at max settings, and everything is smooth.

So stfu plz, thx.
locopuyo

RE: Firefox quirk - Aug 27, 2007 03:47
Opera renders the pages faster. It doesn' t matter how much ram or how fast your internet is, it is always faster than firefox.
emofag

RE: Firefox quirk - Aug 27, 2007 07:08
If I go to IGN.com, it takes exactly 4 seconds for everything to load including advertisdements. I' m not that pressed for time that I have to get opera so it takes 2.5 seconds instead...

And as far as features go the only thing I need a browser to have is tabs, and even IE has that now. So as long as it loads up my web pages I don' t care about the other features, I just want to see the web pages.
< Message edited by emofag -- 26 Aug 07 23:10:10 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Firefox quirk - Aug 28, 2007 03:21
Opera has a Torrent downloader which I like very much. It' s convenient to have it downloading in a Opera tab.
I don' t know if the other browsers have anything similar.
The overall download operations are handled pretty good in Opera.
That' s pretty much the only advantage I like in Opera.
locopuyo

RE: Firefox quirk - Aug 28, 2007 12:19
Start using mouse gestures. The torrent thing is kinda nice, especially for nubs because they don' t have to know the difference between a torrent and direct download (which is very hard for them), but for big downloads it isn' t a very good torrent client. But the download manager is very nice, I hate firefox' s.
Joe Redifer

RE: Firefox quirk - Aug 28, 2007 13:48
Although I don' t care for mouse gestures, I' ve known a few people who would not use Firefox because they loved the mouse gestures in Opera quite a bit. Apparently there is a very good mouse gesture plug-in available for Firefox, because once they found they it were LOVING it.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 28 Aug 07 5:49:36 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Firefox quirk - Aug 28, 2007 14:07
What the hell is a mouse gesture?
Joe Redifer

RE: Firefox quirk - Aug 28, 2007 16:03
Something like where you tap the right button once followed by the left button twice then the right button once and then the left button three times to go back a page or forward. I would always get annoyed with it since I don' t like button combos unless I' m playing a fighting game.
locopuyo

RE: Firefox quirk - Aug 28, 2007 16:07
In opera, you hold right click then move the mouse forward to go forward a page, or backwards for back a page. Hold right click and move up then down to refresh, just down to open a new page. You can browse a bunch of pages really fast by gesturing down in combination with speed-dial. It is way faster than going all the way up and clicking on a button.
Joe Redifer

RE: Firefox quirk - Aug 28, 2007 18:55
I like my contextual menu to appear instantly when I right click.
ginjirou

RE: Firefox quirk - Aug 28, 2007 19:15

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

I like my contextual menu to appear instantly when I right click.

It does in Opera fool! It' s only when you flick the mouse in any direction that any other kind of operation is done. Are you sure you' ve used Opera?

Joe Redifer

RE: Firefox quirk - Aug 29, 2007 02:59
Then how could you right click and move down the menu without the page going back or forth? Like I said, I don' t care for mouse gestures and I' ve really never used them. From the description, they sound extremely annoying. Firefox wins. Opera is complete dogshit on a stick.
ginjirou

RE: Firefox quirk - Aug 29, 2007 03:02

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Then how could you right click and move down the menu without the page going back or forth?

Because you have to HOLD the right mouse button as you move the mouse in order to execute a mouse gesture.
If you want to see the menu bar you just click it once and you can scroll the menu.
I don' t believe you have tried Opera for real. You' re just full of shit
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 45

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread