Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Fatal Enertia Demo up
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Fatal Enertia Demo up - Aug 03, 2007 13:01
Or so says my fiance. I will have to go have a looksy.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Fatal Enertia Demo up - Aug 03, 2007 22:02
WOW!!!

It' s slightly below average!

It' s entertaining enough I suppose, but the whole think feels like I should have been able do download the whole thing from marketplace for about 10 bucks. The textures are nice, the vehicles themselves are kind of slick, but the environments are a little lacking in the um... good.... department.

When you' re in a cave, and you can tell where the developers wimped out & just made a square corner so they didn' t have to model it properly, doesn' t do much for the overall presentation.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Fatal Enertia Demo up - Aug 04, 2007 01:14
I was reading a preview of this on IGN which concluded by saying that KOEI has plenty of time to iron out whatever issues it' s having. But if the game is in stores around Sept. 11 or 14 or whatever, that' s just about five weeks... which also has to include certification, manufacturing and shipping. I' m guessing they actually have a bunch of people ready to take a vacation, who have at most a week to work on the code some more.

Anyway, as I' ve said before, I' m always interested in some kind of racing combat, but it' s just so rarely done well. It looks like a rental to me.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Fatal Enertia Demo up - Aug 05, 2007 10:07
Revised impressions in a bit, those were my first impressions. They always end up a bit too harsh.

Edit:

It' s really not bad once you start playing, but the track size sucks! Are they charging 60 for this? I' d wager it at around a $7 rental or a $20 purchase, although I know they' re not dumb enough to do that.

It just feels like they scaled up a really awesome PSP game, so it feels a bit lacking. Dunno. Probably just bum it off of a dumb friend to be honest.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 5 Aug 07 2:07:58 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message