Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Fallout 3
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 95
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 05, 2008 06:51
I cant wear it yet either it says I need power armour training. I found the Outcasts but they dont look like they gonna help much in that area.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 05, 2008 08:24
Johnny Jiron

I cant wear it yet either it says I need power armour training. I found the Outcasts but they dont look like they gonna help much in that area.

When you get to the Citadel, the Brotherhood of Steel will teach you.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 06, 2008 04:23

When you get to the Citadel, the Brotherhood of Steel will teach you.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 06, 2008 06:35
Where are good spots for side quests? iv done whats in Megaton, and iv gotten the Declaration of Independance from Rivet City, but Rivet City doesnt seem to have anything else for me to do.

Agent Ghost

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 06, 2008 09:17
If you follow the main story you'll find new places with quests.
Vx Chemical

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 06, 2008 09:41
yeah okay, i just had my first encounter with the Enclave. still trying to get away, ill see where that takes me.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 06, 2008 16:46
Just started playing Fallout, only got to Medgaton so far, so this maybe a bit premature, and I hate to be negative about it.  It seems just like Oblivion tbh, with different colours, +the 50s element lifted from Bioshock.  I liked oblivion ad completed it, I just didnt get on with the overall feel of the game.

Graphically the game runs surprisigly well on a 2 year old machine - but from what you guys were saying I was maybe expecting too much and I was slightly dissapointed when I got outside for the first time.  Looks nicer than Oblivion for sure with a much better draw distance and detail.

Prefer Stalker so far.

<message edited by choupolo on Nov 06, 2008 16:49>
Agent Ghost

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 06, 2008 19:46

+the 50s element lifted from Bioshock.

Before VX bites your head off, Bioshock borrowed it's style from the first Fallout games.  It's blasphemy to to say that Fallout 3 has it's style "lifted from Bioshock".

Fallout 3 has much in common with Oblivion, I think it's better though.  It's more refined and focused.  Everything is less forgettable.   
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Nov 06, 2008 19:48>
Vx Chemical

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 06, 2008 22:18
oh fuck it....

I give in.

Bethesda made Fallout 3..... Great.

The game is amazing, its the best possible sequel considering its not made by the real deal, and its done in a way so that the series can continue (the first two sold dreadfully)

I cant get enough of this game, i just got Gears of War a day early, and i havent put it because i wanted to get on with fallout 3.

But yes Choupolo, Bioshock borrowed alot from Fallout.
Johnny Jiron

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 07, 2008 00:54
Hah!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 07, 2008 07:30
Ah, I thought Pipboy and those plasmid tutorials looked similar.

I'm sure I'll get more into Fallout the more I play.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 08, 2008 19:49
Glad to see you enjoying Fallout 3 VX!!!

I've done everything I think I could find to do in Megaton, and am currently having a hard time with the fire ants in Marigold Station. So far I am really enjoying Fallout 3, although I will have to agree that it is very very much like Oblivion but since most of us knew this going in that subject should be dropped so we can continue on with the game itself.

Voice acting is fairly good, character models are well done, and the enemy models when close up in VATS mode look absolutely amazing IMHO. I didn't think much of the way Vault 101 looked, but once I got outside I was impressed. The first thing you notice is the nice clear and sharp draw distances in the game, and although Fallout does suffer from the classic "brown look" overall it is an incredibly nice looking game. Combat is solid, I was afraid that in some ways I wasn't going to like the overall feel of the controls during gunplay from the videos, but am pleasantly surprised with how comfortable I am with them.

Now a few small complaints I have so far. Why is is that the entire background pauses while you are talking to an NPC? Has anyone else noticed it yet? If not, look for it, it's there. I noticed it the first time I went by the Super Duper Market and talked to one of the Ghouls. The barrell next to him was ablaze with fire moving and waving nicely in the wind when I walked up to him, and as soon as I engaged in conversation with him the blaze stood still, paused with the rest of the background. The other Ghouls around were as still as if the were engaged in a high stakes game of freeze tag. The third person view looks absolutely ridiculous, and is something that wasn't even necessary. My guy looks freaking hilarious when walking, or I should say skating across the ground. Nothing big since I prefer first person view, but hilarious none the less.

Anyway, that's what I think so far. Oh, and can someone tell me where I have to go to get the quest to arm the nuke in Megaton and blow the city to shit? In one of the videos I watched, I saw that you got this quest from some guy in a hotel not too far away since you watch the bomb go off from the balcony.
Agent Ghost

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 08, 2008 20:10

Oh, and can someone tell me where I have to go to get the quest to arm the nuke in Megaton and blow the city to shit? In one of the videos I watched, I saw that you got this quest from some guy in a hotel not too far away since you watch the bomb go off from the balcony.

There should be a man by the name of Mr. Burke in the Moriaty's Saloon (in Megaton) to talk to.  He's sitting down to your right when you enter.  He'll give you the quest.  Arm the bomb and make your way to the hotel you saw in the video.  Accepting the quest will add the marker on your map. 

Note: Blowing up Megaton pays better than disarming it.  You'll get twice the Caps, a fusion something or other and your own playboy suit in the hotel.  If you persuade him for more caps you can get 1000 caps out of him instead of 500.  The apartment is nice and having a safe house to put all your shit is a big help.

My advice is to save right before you press the red button, and not save over it (make two saves).  This way you can re-watch it whenever. 
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Nov 08, 2008 20:17>
Johnny Jiron

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 08, 2008 20:33
...I blew Tenpenny's head off...I wonder if I'm still allowed to nuke megaton...

Actually I didnt blow his head off technically the grenade I put in his pocket blew his head off plus a leg and both arms...
Vx Chemical

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 08, 2008 20:35
you get a nice house in megaton too if you save it!

im playing a bad guy on my laptop and a nice girl on my pc, i just blew up megaton with my bad guy, killed the overseer in the vault before laving, i wonder how that will effect things later.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 11, 2008 01:57
Vx Chemical

oh fuck it....

I give in.

Bethesda made Fallout 3..... Great.

The game is amazing, its the best possible sequel considering its not made by the real deal, and its done in a way so that the series can continue (the first two sold dreadfully)

I cant get enough of this game, i just got Gears of War a day early, and i havent put it because i wanted to get on with fallout 3.

But yes Choupolo, Bioshock borrowed alot from Fallout.

I-uh! have seen-uh! the LIGHT!  Halelujah brothers and sisters!!

Nice mate you're a bigger man than some around here, prepared to eat your words!
immortaldanmx

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 17, 2008 15:54
Ive just spent another night playing Fallout 3 on an evil score, and a have a quick question for anyone who might know.

If you take the cannibal perk, does it lead to any missions?
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 17, 2008 16:14
just an FYI if you beat the game you can't keep playing like you could in oblivion, so keep some saves.
immortaldanmx

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 18, 2008 07:21
locopuyo

just an FYI if you beat the game you can't keep playing like you could in oblivion, so keep some saves.

Already there. I have a save right before leaving Vault 101, 1 at lvl 19 evil, 1 at lvl 19 good, and 1 good score completed.
Agent Ghost

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 30, 2008 21:25
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/568806/fallout-3/videos/ignstrategize_fallout3_112608.aspx

I already managed to find the first two guns on my own but I haven't found the last one yet.  It looks badass.
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 95

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message