Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Fallout 3
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 95
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Fallout 3 - Oct 30, 2008 20:06
The graphics are the game really blew away my expectations.  When you "leave the sewer" the world just looks beautiful, despite being a pile of rubble, and sky is also very beautiful.  They also perform very well for the amount of detail.  

The game crashed one me one time.  I have been getting pauses that last a few seconds (not while loading new areas) while playing the game, I think it has to do with steam not having everything uncompressed or something.
team really pissed me off with this one.  I pre-ordered it on Steam assuming I would be able to pre-load and play at midnight.  Then the night before it releases they say, oh, you won't be able to start downloading until noon the next day, then noon the next day it downloads at 40 kb/s.... It eventually sped up, only to about 400 kb/s though, and I didn't get to play until 8 pm.  Never pre-order a third party game on Steam if you want it right away.  I was reading up on it and they do this with every third party game.  
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 02, 2008 20:24
iv just started the PC version of the game, it looks decent, character models are hideous though i managed to make one that looked decent.

Too much FPS for my liking (considering its fallout, i normally love FPS)

And Vats its way overpowered, bandits loose their heads instantly, and im not even that good a shot yet.

I choose my standard Fallout Skills

Speach
Science
Smallguns
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 02, 2008 20:44
Goodbye Megaton.  Hahahahaha!
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 02, 2008 20:59
Vx Chemical

iv just started the PC version of the game, it looks decent, character models are hideous though i managed to make one that looked decent.

Too much FPS for my liking (considering its fallout, i normally love FPS)

And Vats its way overpowered, bandits loose their heads instantly, and im not even that good a shot yet.

I choose my standard Fallout Skills

Speach
Science
Smallguns

Small guns is great early on, but later you're going to want to invest in Energy Weapons and Large Guns, so keep that in mind and put some points there.

SPOILER ALERT:
Also, is anyone else pissed about the lvl 20 cap? Im at lvl 20, and tying up missions that I missed before I go to SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER reclaim Project Purity but it all feels so pointless since I have a maxed character with Vengeance(the special Gatling Laser) and Plasma Rifles.
Agent Ghost

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 03, 2008 01:19
Yeah the level cap is really annoying but I already knew about it.

If you're pissed off about the choices you made you can always cheat and add the skills you want. 
addspecialpoints X - Add indicated amount of Special Points (X = amount)
addtagskills X - Adds indicated amount of Tag Skill Points (X = amount)
advlevel - Level up your character one level
GetQuestCompleted - Complete current quest
getXPfornextlevel - Gain one level
help - List all console commands
modpca Y X - Add indicated amount of points to your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats (Y = stat type, X = amount)
modpcs Y X - Add indicated amount of points to your skills (Y = stat type, X = amount)
player.setlevel X - Set player level (X = level)
player.additem 000000F X - Get indicated amount of caps (X = amount)
removefromallfactions - Remove player from all factions
rewardKarma X - Add indicated amount of Karma Points (X = amount)
setpccanusepowerarmor X - Toggle Power Armor use (X = 0 or 1)
setspecialpoints X - Set Special Points (X = amount)
settagskills X - Sets Tag Skill Points (X = amount)
tcl - No clipping mode
tmm1 - All mapmarkers
tdt - Toggle debug display
tlv - Toggle leaves
tgm - God mode
immortaldanmx

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 03, 2008 05:35
Agent Ghost

Yeah the level cap is really annoying but I already knew about it.

If you're pissed off about the choices you made you can always cheat and add the skills you want. 
addspecialpoints X - Add indicated amount of Special Points (X = amount)
addtagskills X - Adds indicated amount of Tag Skill Points (X = amount)
advlevel - Level up your character one level
GetQuestCompleted - Complete current quest
getXPfornextlevel - Gain one level
help - List all console commands
modpca Y X - Add indicated amount of points to your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats (Y = stat type, X = amount)
modpcs Y X - Add indicated amount of points to your skills (Y = stat type, X = amount)
player.setlevel X - Set player level (X = level)
player.additem 000000F X - Get indicated amount of caps (X = amount)
removefromallfactions - Remove player from all factions
rewardKarma X - Add indicated amount of Karma Points (X = amount)
setpccanusepowerarmor X - Toggle Power Armor use (X = 0 or 1)
setspecialpoints X - Set Special Points (X = amount)
settagskills X - Sets Tag Skill Points (X = amount)
tcl - No clipping mode
tmm1 - All mapmarkers
tdt - Toggle debug display
tlv - Toggle leaves
tgm - God mode

Yeah, let me just use the Tilde key on my modded 360 controller.....
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 03, 2008 07:50
I've done 3 story based missions so far... and about 12 side missions. I think my characters gonna be a bit over powered when I get back on track. Tho I could just crank up the difficulty at anytime.

This game is currently my favorite game to date. So many things to do and see. At first I thought the map looked small then I started venturing all over. A lot bigger thats for sure. I love just finding a spot to perch sometimes and listening to far off battles then trying to follow the noise. Its nice fo ronce that those noises are more than just ambiance and you can actually find a fight happening.

immortaldanmx

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 03, 2008 09:02
Johnny Jiron

I've done 3 story based missions so far... and about 12 side missions. I think my characters gonna be a bit over powered when I get back on track. Tho I could just crank up the difficulty at anytime.

This game is currently my favorite game to date. So many things to do and see. At first I thought the map looked small then I started venturing all over. A lot bigger thats for sure. I love just finding a spot to perch sometimes and listening to far off battles then trying to follow the noise. Its nice fo ronce that those noises are more than just ambiance and you can actually find a fight happening.

When you hit lvl 20 get the explorer perk. You have no idea how large the game is until you see how many different areas there actually are. You dont even touch on a quarter of them doing all the main and side missions.
Johnny Jiron

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 03, 2008 11:42
when it caps it at 20 does that mean no more perks as well?
Vx Chemical

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 03, 2008 18:56
*Been playing most of today.

It seems good, music is great, just too few tracks.

As for calling it fallout. Thats the worst thing about the game, its not fallout. There is no fallout feeling at all.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 03, 2008 19:23
oh stop it Vx .. Just enjoy the game ..

I picked up the game yesterday and was up until 4 am playing .. I am loving it ..
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 03, 2008 21:11
I have way too many games on my plate to be worrying about writing up Fallout 3, as much as I'd like to. So, I'll settle for asking you all a few questions.

Does the game look better in motion? The screens have been, at best, a little lackluster, and there hasn't been enough solid footage to garner a good impression.

How do we all like VATS?

What's your favorite weapon? I want to hear about the mini-nuke regardless.

Enemy HP? How tough are they?

Vx Chemical

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 03, 2008 21:25
The landscapes are picture pretty, monsters are decent, character models are hideous and animation is forgiveable.

Vats is overpowered, but it makes combat atleast a little fun, which was more than you could say for Oblivion, the problem is even at no skill you haev a decent chance to hit when using Vats, once you have skill, its insta gib.

I only have small conventional arms and a laser pistol, i prefer bullets, those were always the most powerful in the firs tgames, but seems like it wont be in this one.

The mini nuke shouldnt have been in the game.

Johnny Jiron

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 03, 2008 23:39
The nukes are indeed powerful but spendy. With VATS so far if you have the difficulty cranked up you'll have a hard time getting in close enough to score a decent critical hit at least til your character starts developing. I like that the creatures dont rank up as you do, but instead have a set level depending on what difficulty setting you're in. Plus they can certainly outnumber you if you stumble into the wrong place.

I was digging in a trailer and decided to turn on my pip boy light...bad idea. I was cornered in that thing by several raiders and a few super mutants plus some random bugs. Luckily they hated eachother just as much as they wanted me dead. Very lucky for me actually they they fought eachother as i was outfitted for scrounging and left my stuff back at my house to save space.

My only real complaint so far is that massive super mutant thing. His size caused him to get stuck often plus he wasnt too bright at all. I managed to get him cornered and just took shots at him as he tried to get himself unstuck. Pretty easy to out maneuver pretty easy to kill...tho i may have just been lucky.

Other than that for the sheer size of the game and what not many of the small issues are very very easily ignored...now I cant wait for the next one as well as the next Elder Scrolls. I'll certainly be picking this one up a few times over down the road after beating it.

EDIT: Oh yeah here's a link to the other fallout games for 5.99 each. That way those who havent got to play them (mysefl included) will get to see what all the hate is about and decide which direction is more preferabl Also included premium content for free ater purchase such as soundtracks.
<message edited by Johnny Jiron on Nov 03, 2008 23:41>
Vx Chemical

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 04, 2008 07:19
I say playing fallout now without having played it before can be a bit tiresome, since its an old game, its aged rather well but its not perfect. By level 7 you can be imortal if you just crank up your smallguns skill and get yourself a scoped hunting rifle.

All nasties are vulnareble in the eyes (you can do eye and groin shoots in the first fallout games)

But you can talk yourself out of most situations with the exception of random encounters.

And mutants had brains as well.
immortaldanmx

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 04, 2008 08:34
Vx Chemical

I say playing fallout now without having played it before can be a bit tiresome, since its an old game, its aged rather well but its not perfect. By level 7 you can be imortal if you just crank up your smallguns skill and get yourself a scoped hunting rifle.

All nasties are vulnareble in the eyes (you can do eye and groin shoots in the first fallout games)

But you can talk yourself out of most situations with the exception of random encounters.

And mutants had brains as well.

There is a mutant with a brain in 3. His name is Fawkes. Even the basics apparently understand combat, as theres 1 area on the map that they have trenches and sand bags and barricades.
Agent Ghost

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 04, 2008 11:13

Does the game look better in motion? The screens have been, at best, a little lackluster, and there hasn't been enough solid footage to garner a good impression.

How do we all like VATS?

What's your favorite weapon? I want to hear about the mini-nuke regardless.

Enemy HP? How tough are they?

Speaking for the PC version the game looks way way better than the screens, the screens look like shit but the graphics are sweet in motion.  I highly doubt the 360 version is as sharp.

I like VATS, often you feel like it's necessary to use it.  Ammo can be scarce and with VATS I find it easier to hit my target, this might depend on the skills you choose.  I'm not sure of the hit detection is always determined by dice roll but it feels like it.  In the early stages of the game you can't hit fuck all.

I tend to like the mini gun and cap mines, flame thrower is fun too.  I haven't been able to find a nuke launcher yet.  I have a funny story about the mines though.  Minor spoiler (side quest), there is a quest where you have to rescue some people from a super mutant camp (German Police HQ).  These mother fuckers are pretty tough in packs.  But not so much if you have some mines.  A few strategically placed mines and they're blown to bits.  The entrance to the area has an outdoor fence hallway so I planted these fucking bottle cap mines knowing that these dumb fucks will walk right on them.  They do and I end up killing them off this way.  With a stupid grin on my face I enter the shit hole that used to be a police station and untied a captive, and she ran off to the town she came from.  The game gives me a bunch of Karma for doing a good deed (a rarity for my guy).  Before I even had a chance to turn around I hear a bang!  Accompanied with a message saying I lost Karma.  The stupid bitch ran right on top of one of my mines!  LOL 

Some enemies can be tough, particularly if you're surrounded.  The game has a survival feel to it.  It's not so much that they're strong it's the fact that you have limited resources.  You'll find yourself counting your bullets.  The whole map is open so venturing off wherever you want can be suicide.  It's obvious that some areas are meant for later in the game.      
Vx Chemical

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 04, 2008 13:56
It doesnt feel quite open, well it is, but you have to go through the subway tunnels a lot, which sucks.

But its a major step up from Oblivion, and it actually feels like an RPG a lot of the time. 
Johnny Jiron

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 05, 2008 01:28
Oblivion was far more open in that no blocked off sections anywhere except a mountain here and there but you could walk straight across. However there were more sparce locations. 

I love the random stuff that happens in this game. And the freedom to tackle objectives. I finished a mission and and what not but instead of just walking away I tailed the guy I helped. A massive journey that I had to do twice to get my curiosity in check. The first time I followed the guy he got into a fight that caused a massive explosion (I love the explosions in this game) killing him. I searched for his corpse to steal the keys I gave him but he was pretty much gone. SO I had to do it again. Which led to some special power armour. I snuck up on the guy after he unlocked the door and took the stuff and popped a grenade in his pocket and waited. Got good karma incedently.

I so wanna go back and give back reports for that book you help write in the game just to see what happens so far I was praised by random people for helping in there hunting methods.

So much to discover....
Agent Ghost

Re:Fallout 3 - Nov 05, 2008 01:31
I recieved some power armour by killing one of those dudes, but I can't wear it.  Do I have to collect the armour through the story?  Or is there a skill I have to learn somewhere?
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 95

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message