Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Factor 5 to push Wii " to it' s limits" !!!!!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Factor 5 to push Wii " to it' s limits" !!!!! - Feb 13, 2008 06:18

Factor 5 pushed the GameCube to its limits when it released Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader. The game was awesome and was one of the highest rated titles on the platform. Will Factor 5 be able to pull off the same thing on the Wii?

Factor 5 president Julian Eggebrecht announced last month that the studio will be releasing a new title on the Nintendo platform, but refused to reveal any further information. It' s a different story at DICE 2008 though, where he reveals more information on the Wii.

During an interview at DICE 2008, he revealed that the studio is almost done with the game' s engine and that they' ve already started working on content. The game will indeed be pushing the Wii' s hardware to its limits:

On the graphical side, we' re going to try and do everything to outdo everything else on the platform. Whatever we' re working on will at least blow you away in a lot of the technical aspects. We' re really trying to do everything to squeeze the maximum out of the machine.

And what' s a Wii title without making use of its popular tech? However, it seems that this mystery game will be focusing more on the pointing rather than the motion-sensing:

But one of our main focuses is the innovation around the controls. Everybody is always talking about the motion control, but I think people are overplaying that a bit.

I really, really love the pointing aspect of the remote. Although we' re going to use everything for what we have in development, I think the pointing stuff is probably the biggest innovation which we' re working on right now.

LINK

If anybody other than Nintendo can get great results from the machine it' s Factor 5. The Rogue Squadron games on Gamecube were and still are gorgeous... so with any luck it' ll be another one
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: Factor 5 to push Wii " to it' s limits" !!!!! - Feb 13, 2008 06:31
*Insert Agent Ghost' s whimsical quip about Wii' s capabilities here*
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Factor 5 to push Wii " to it' s limits" !!!!! - Feb 13, 2008 07:09

*Insert Agent Ghost' s whimsical quip about Wii' s capabilities here*

Agent Ghost is having bizarre computer problems. Some sites do not load on his computer (including Kikizo). However, now he is able to play 360 online once again. Agent Ghost is working hard to resolve the problem with computer, normal operation will resume as soon as possible. Agent Ghost despises family computer, and wishes to avoid using it. Agent Ghost also apologizes for modest " quip" about Wii.

Agent Ghost will seek professional help with regards to speaking in third person.

Whimsical quip on Wii' s capabilities:

Gamecube 1.6 FTW!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Factor 5 to push Wii " to it' s limits" !!!!! - Feb 13, 2008 07:13
surely its a gamecube 1.5 than 1.6.

Seriously.
Agent Ghost

RE: Factor 5 to push Wii " to it' s limits" !!!!! - Feb 13, 2008 07:49
Factor 5 will push it to 1.6
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: Factor 5 to push Wii " to it' s limits" !!!!! - Feb 14, 2008 18:29

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

Factor 5 will push it to 1.6

Good to see you in good shape. :)

And you seen to have lost the whole third-person thing.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Factor 5 to push Wii " to it' s limits" !!!!! - Feb 15, 2008 02:13

Factor 5 to push Wii " to it' s limits" !!!!!

So now, in 2008, we might see a Wii game that looks better than a 2003 Xbox 1 game? OMG! I cant believe it /sarcasm.
Agent Ghost

RE: Factor 5 to push Wii " to it' s limits" !!!!! - Feb 15, 2008 08:35

Good to see you in good shape. :)

I was pulling my hair out trying to fix the evolving connection problem I was having for three months! I came really close to reinstalling my OS. Except I couldn' t remember how to boot off the disc. All of a sudden my other devices (pS3/ 360) and other PC weren' t able to connect either. I called Sympatico a second time since December, (first time they said they' d call me back ). I get an automated messege saying eople in the Ottawa area are having difficultis... Now I wake up after taking a nap just now and everything seems to work fine. FINALLY!

I still hate sympatico with a passion. I' ll never give Bell a cent of my money. They' re the worst providers in my area.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll