Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Factor 5 developing for Wii
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Factor 5 developing for Wii - Jan 15, 2008 05:14
The best news Nintendo has had since launch.

Ok, so Lair was awful, but i' d probably blame Sony more than Factor 5. Both of their Rogue Squadron games place in my top 10 Gamecube games, so because it sounds like they' re re-using and building upon the tech used in those games... i can' t not be excited at this prospect.

...company president Julian Eggebrecht confirmed that the studio is underway with at least one all-new Wii project -- and it' s not a Virtual Console game. Beyond that confirmation, Eggebrecht was mum, but he did note that the new title would not simply re-use old Rogue Squadron tech; whatever it is, significantly updated or even completely new tech has been developed to help accommodate it.

LINK

I know it says " all-new" but i' m praying it' s a Star Wars game...

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Factor 5 developing for Wii - Jan 15, 2008 05:51
Excellent! These guys got some amazing things out of the little purple lunch box. Personally, I think they could do wonders with a Wiimote based space fighter game (IE... another Rogue Squadron).
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Factor 5 developing for Wii - Jan 15, 2008 15:37
I' m buying a Wii now.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Factor 5 developing for Wii - Jan 15, 2008 15:50
The only game they made that I ever really liked was Mega Turrican... I think. I don' t know their full gameography but I know I did not like Rogue Squadron.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Factor 5 developing for Wii - Jan 15, 2008 15:55
I loved the Rogue Squadron games, I think those are the only Level 5 games I' ve played. Hopefully they' ll do better with the Wii' s motion controls than the sixaxis. Though I would need to play Lair first in order to make a educated opinion on it.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Factor 5 developing for Wii - Jan 16, 2008 04:17
Before you guys quickly pass of Lair as a failure because of Sony pushing motion controls, I think we should take a look at the rest of Lairs issues.

I' m not sure how many of you actually played Lair, but the motion controls were only half its problems.

- The framerate was garbage, making a game with good graphics, crap to look at.

- The mission objectives were tedious and didn' t flow very well.

- The attack animations were poor.

- The combat was boring and lacked a proper sense of control and interaction.

- Quite a few key sounds were very poor.

- The control scheme excluding motion control was still poorly thought out and could have used a lot more playtesting IMO.

The only thing this game had going for it IMO was the story, and the artistic direction.

So, even though the motion controls put the nail in the coffin of this game, it would have been bad even with traditional controls.

edit to add -

Now, I should say that I did enjoy Factor 5' s previous games on the cube. I hope that Lair was a mistake on their part, possibly due to their inability adapt to the ps3 as quickly as say, Insomniac, Incognito or Naughty Dog(the last two actually taking pointers and getting help from Insomniac).

I do think that Factor 5 will be better off making a game for the Wii, and it is definitely preferable to seeing them remembered for the failure that was Lair.
< Message edited by Dagashi -- 15 Jan 08 20:30:30 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Factor 5 developing for Wii - Jan 16, 2008 04:53
Some Devs arent cut out for next gen games.

Factor 5 is moving to the Wii to produce previous gen graphics that are less taxing on the artists!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll