Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Exclusive games for each platform in 2008
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 74
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Exclusive games for each platform in 2008 - Sep 28, 2007 07:59

My friends arent attracted to waving a wand in the air. I play xbox live with my friends, its the same as playing at someones house, minus the split screen, having to look at them, and minus the mute button

LOL, my freinds aint robots, they Differ! we don' t follow trends and copy each other!

Me and various freinds have been gaming over the internet VIA PC since the mid 90s ffs.

A late[/] Welcome to Online fcuking gaming!! Xbox kids!!! ROFL. Edit. I forgot the:
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 28 Sep 07 0:03:24 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Exclusive games for each platform in 2008 - Sep 28, 2007 10:04
I couldnt really understand your post, but what ever. Apparently playing with someone over xbox live is like playing with robots?
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Exclusive games for each platform in 2008 - Sep 28, 2007 10:08

Um considering the cut scenes are done with the in game engine and the game play LOOKS EXACTLY the same you just contradicted yourself there.

It isn' t an argument, it' s fact, I' m not debating anything here I am telling you that PS3 already has games that look better, I' m not asking you to agree, I' m informing you of the fact - again there is no argument here.

I don' t care if you are so diluted to think that HS gameplay looks far superior to anything that we have seen from say a game like Bioshock. If you want to make yourself believe so badly of your belief that the PS3 and 360 are so far away graphically from one another, that you want to go around quoting it as truth then I say good for you.

emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Exclusive games for each platform in 2008 - Sep 28, 2007 10:57

ORIGINAL: canadagamer

Um considering the cut scenes are done with the in game engine and the game play LOOKS EXACTLY the same you just contradicted yourself there.

It isn' t an argument, it' s fact, I' m not debating anything here I am telling you that PS3 already has games that look better, I' m not asking you to agree, I' m informing you of the fact - again there is no argument here.

I don' t care if you are so diluted to think that HS gameplay looks far superior to anything that we have seen from say a game like Bioshock. If you want to make yourself believe so badly of your belief that the PS3 and 360 are so far away graphically from one another, that you want to go around quoting it as truth then I say good for you.

Bioshock has solid graphics, but it isn' t anything special in terms of graphics.
< Message edited by emofag -- 28 Sep 07 2:57:20 >
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Exclusive games for each platform in 2008 - Sep 28, 2007 11:04
I thought that they were very good. But not as awesome as reviews said. The way explosions looked was a bit less compared to other things I thought. As if it didn' t fit with the rest of the game' s style.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Exclusive games for each platform in 2008 - Sep 28, 2007 11:42
It has as good graphics as you' d expect from any game with high production values, it' s above the pack but its not the best example of power even on 360.
Icarus75

• Total Posts : 42
RE: Exclusive games for each platform in 2008 - Sep 28, 2007 11:55
I Gotta defend VD... I mean VF, here. I own a 360, a PS3, Wii, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, PS, N64, Sega Genesis, Sega master system, NES, an Atari 2600 and an Intelivision (Yes, I' m actually that old). I' m to old to be a fanboy, fanman maybe.

I have never seen anything like Heavenly Sword. The graphics are beyond reproach and I have serious reservations that the level of visual fidelity, coupled with the liquid smooth framerate, could be accomplished by the 360.

That said, I have rarely played such a poorly paced game; The fantastic voice acting in this game (possibly the best in any videogame ever) was almost completley wasted, the tension absolutely gutted by load times (not to mention install time) and laughable boss battles. This game was clearly in need of 6 months of development time. All they really needed to do was create a few more areanas and let us hack n' slash are way through a few more leigons ( a few more hours of the same gameplay reapted, in short) chisel away at the frequency and length of the load times (Blu-Ray might have been a mistake, SONY), and Bang!! They' d of had a bona fide system seller with reviews in the coveted 90% range.

Instead, what happens? Another sub-par exclusive with a pretty face. Thank you Lair. Graphics aren' t everything, just ask Bungie. Oh wait, they might not be able to hear you, they' re drowning in money.

I tell yuh. If all I owned for a next gen console right now was a PS3 I' d be screaming mad at SONY. Why anyone not simply looking for a cheap Blu-Ray player would buy a PS3 is beyond me. Get yourself set up for MGS 4 but until then don' t waste your time. I' ve said it before, best thing I have for my PS3 is the BBC documentry Planet Earth on Blu-Ray.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Exclusive games for each platform in 2008 - Sep 28, 2007 12:09
You look like VD.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Exclusive games for each platform in 2008 - Sep 28, 2007 16:51

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

LOL, my freinds aint robots, they Differ! we don' t follow trends and copy each other!

Me and various freinds have been gaming over the internet VIA PC since the mid 90s ffs.

A late[/] Welcome to Online fcuking gaming!! Xbox kids!!! ROFL. Edit. I forgot the:

Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Exclusive games for each platform in 2008 - Oct 01, 2007 00:36
Out of all those games, I am interested in 9 360 games, 7-9 PS3 games and about 7 Wii games. There are loads more to come and steal my well earned money from me though.

Did somebody say there are 16 decent PS3 games in that list???

Oh well, I guess we' re all entitled to our own opinions...
< Message edited by Marink -- 30 Sep 07 16:38:45 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Exclusive games for each platform in 2008 - Oct 01, 2007 09:17
Marink, here are at least 16 " decent" PS3 titles

PS3 games

Disgaea 3
Eight Days
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Final Fantasy XIII
The Getaway 3
God of War III
Gran Turismo 5
Heavy Rain
Infamous
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
MotorStorm 2
Persona 4
Tekken 6
White Knight Story
Yakuza 3

in fact there are 17 that look from interesting to fucking bloody awesome... there you go...
ys

RE: Exclusive games for each platform in 2008 - Oct 01, 2007 10:17
Well, apparently it' s not his taste then. For me personally, MGS4 is about the only game that I would REALLY want to play. That one and a new Team ICO game. Of course I could play some others from that list too but it' s not a very big deal if I can' t. Yakuza 3 and God of War 3 could maybe get on the list of games that I would really like to play depending on reviews and more information.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Exclusive games for each platform in 2008 - Oct 01, 2007 10:47

Well, apparently it' s not his taste then. For me personally, MGS4 is about the only game that I would REALLY want to play. That one and a new Team ICO game. Of course I could play some others from that list too but it' s not a very big deal if I can' t. Yakuza 3 and God of War 3 could maybe get on the list of games that I would really like to play depending on reviews and more information.

he said " decent" games, clearly many of these games will at least be decent... and god of war 3 on ps3 doesn' t really interest you?? well that' s interesting...
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Exclusive games for each platform in 2008 - Oct 01, 2007 11:59

God of War III
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
White Knight Story

Teh Fixzorz
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Exclusive games for each platform in 2008 - Oct 01, 2007 12:27
I want Twisted Metal Black 2!
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Exclusive games for each platform in 2008 - Oct 01, 2007 16:41
Well, I' m not really interested in many (10 to be exact) of those games (or see them as " decent" ).

I do think Sony are going to have a much better year than this one, though.
gamer4eva

• Total Posts : 104
RE: Exclusive games for each platform in 2008 - Oct 01, 2007 21:47
Samba de Amigo / No more heros / Mario Kart Ds is all i need.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Exclusive games for each platform in 2008 - Oct 02, 2007 00:29

gamer4eva

Riiiiiiiiiigggghhhhhhtttt...
ys

RE: Exclusive games for each platform in 2008 - Oct 02, 2007 00:50

he said " decent" games, clearly many of these games will at least be decent... and god of war 3 on ps3 doesn' t really interest you?? well that' s interesting...

Yeah, of course a lot of games are decent regardless of platform.
And I did mean that God of War 3 was amongst the ones that were interesting for me. But not to the same degree as MGS4. It' s not one of those games that I would really miss if I couldn' t play it. Maybe because I didn' t think that God of War was that special actually. Very good, but not that amazing as an action game as I thought it would be. For my personal taste it was around an 8,5/10.
That' s why I' m curious about reviews of God of War 3 before I' ll start getting really interested ;) Actually, between Yakuza 3 and God of War 3, I' m more interested in the Yakuza game.
< Message edited by ys -- 1 Oct 07 17:51:36 >
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Exclusive games for each platform in 2008 - Oct 14, 2007 20:46

And then comes the big one

Although the quality of the screens isn' t all that great Disaster: day of crisis seems to be shaping up nicely if you ask me.

Nintendo was smart in buying Monolith after all they did make games as Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos.

I wish they would announce more about this game. It' s been so awefully quiet around this title for such a long time.

It' s weird really we didn' t hear anything about this game at all at any of the gaming events this year...hope it' s not a bad sign cause I' m really interested in this game.
< Message edited by demonoroth -- 14 Oct 07 12:54:52 >
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 74

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread