Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ever lasting question
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
Ever lasting question - Nov 22, 2007 01:20
Im thinking of buying a PS3 and theres too many choices lol
1-US 60GB
2-US 80GB
3-JP 60GB
4-EU 80GB

what do you guys think is the best?what are the differences between 60GB and 80GB?

note: the market here is like shared between all regions its not EU its not US.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Ever lasting question - Nov 22, 2007 01:31
Heh, I might post my updated SKU rant here at some point, but here' s the bottom line.

Where do you live? Southwest Asia somewhere?

If you' ve got a PS2, and you don' t mind keeping it plugged in, and price is a major factor, get the 40GB model. It' s short backwards-compatibility, some USB ports, and some other random doo-dads, but if you' re not going to use ' em in the first place...

If money is not a major factor, I would definitely suggest the US 80GB. As a general rule, NTSC models appear to be getting demos & the like sooner. I believe Drakes Fortune hit PSN in NA only (at first anyhow), and unless you' re fluent in Japanese, I don' t see any advantage to getting a JP unit based on demos.

If you can find a 60GB, that' d be a good midrange choice, but they' re few & far in between where I live.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Ever lasting question - Nov 24, 2007 22:48

you' ve got a PS2, and you don' t mind keeping it plugged in, and price is a major factor, get the 40GB model. It' s short backwards-compatibility, some USB ports, and some other random doo-dads, but if you' re not going to use ' em in the first place...

If money is not a major factor, I would definitely suggest the US 80GB. As a general rule, NTSC models appear to be getting demos & the like sooner. I believe Drakes Fortune hit PSN in NA only (at first anyhow), and unless you' re fluent in Japanese, I don' t see any advantage to getting a JP unit based on demos.

If you can find a 60GB, that' d be

Thanks for the advice eddie
by the way, is there any advantage to the 65nm cell in the 40GB version other low power consumption?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Ever lasting question - Nov 25, 2007 01:30
The 40GB PS3 makes about half the noise as the other models. Which must be near silent. The only reason I didn' t get it was because it has no PS2 backwards compatibility at all.

60GB model
-90nm CELL
-4 usb ports
-full hardware backwards compatibility
-Memory card reader

80GB model
-90nm CELL
-4 USB ports
-Software Backwards compatibility
-Memory card reader

40GB
-65nm CELL
-2 USB ports
-No PS2 Backwards compatibility
-No memory card reader

All these models have built in wifi.

Prices and bundles vary depending on what region you' re in. I went for the 80GB model myself for 500$ CAD. I have no regrets.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 24 Nov 07 17:31:05 >
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Ever lasting question - Nov 25, 2007 11:16
I would say the 60 if you can get it. It has everything that the 80 gig one has (minus the 20 gig and Motorstorm) but you can change your hard drive anyway if you need space. Besides, the 60 uses the emotion chip to play PS2 games rather than emulation, so it plays more games at the moment and plays them better.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Ever lasting question - Nov 25, 2007 11:17
Aye,im getting the 60gb version like a month or two after MGS4 is out,then the price is probably " allright" .

Games I want?

WK+FF13+MGS4,not so intrested in any other titles,obs! just because im not odesnt mean those others arnt great games.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Ever lasting question - Nov 25, 2007 11:57
Walmart (US) is giving away 10 free BD movies instantly with purchase of a 80GB PS3. On top of that you get another five with the mail in offer. That' s a sweet deal.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll