Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Equilibrium, any good?
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Equilibrium, any good? - Aug 07, 2005 14:31
So has anyone here seen Equilibrium? A friend of mine told me it was awesome. I havne' t seen it yet and was wondering if I should check it out. Just wanted some more opinions.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Equilibrium, any good? - Aug 07, 2005 15:33
\\\double post///
< Message edited by Mass X -- 7 Aug 05 23:35:18 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Equilibrium, any good? - Aug 07, 2005 15:34
Most definatly a must see. Great action, cool story. a B+ A- movie
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: Equilibrium, any good? - Aug 07, 2005 18:44
OMG, where have you been? Although, some of the aspects of the movie may be argued that they were borrowed from original movies. The movie still kicks butt and takes names. BUT please don' t try to compare it to the Matrix movie like it has on the front of the movie if you buy it. I still prefer it tho over the Matrix movie any day however. That would be cool if someone really made the Gun Kata techniques. Haha. Anyways, yeah watch it.
< Message edited by kombatfighter -- 8 Aug 05 2:45:39 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Equilibrium, any good? - Aug 08, 2005 14:44
I saw it and it was awesome. I liked the matrix better, but it was still an awesome movie.
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: Equilibrium, any good? - Aug 11, 2005 16:55
That was a great movie. I just loved it.

It hasn' t a great difference between " Equilibrium" and " The Island" , don' t you think? They are based on the same idea: Supression, revolution, the good wins. But " Equilibrium" seems to be more " real" . Because, if there' s such a great goal, there must be several sacrafices.
J_Dizzle

• Total Posts : 133
RE: Equilibrium, any good? - Aug 19, 2005 13:32
it is like the matrix, only wicked fast instead of slowed down. and i think on the dvd extras it says that gun kata is a real technique. its called something else, but it still pretty cool. plus, when one guy can kick so much ass, you gotta love it. and then the sword fight, i mean c' mon, how awesome was that? ive read a lot of books with the same plot line, but still, its pretty cool.
kombatfighter

RE: Equilibrium, any good? - Aug 19, 2005 17:04
NO, GUN KATA is NOT a REAL technique and it' s not called something else. Do your research. The form of karate that they were using in the movie was Aikido. Ummm..no where near comparision to the Matrix. Dude, Neo was in a computer world. This was real breathing air. John Preston was on earth in the future. Not a simulation where impossible things happens. Plus, John Preston lived in a world with no emotions. Neo did and that' s why he happily made loved to Trinity.
J_Dizzle

• Total Posts : 133
RE: Equilibrium, any good? - Aug 19, 2005 22:08
god dude, have a freakin heart attack why dont ya? youre not much of a people person, are you?
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: Equilibrium, any good? - Aug 20, 2005 02:06
Don' t be a nerd, Dizzle. The gun kata is just a film sh*t... dude, wake up! But CQC from MGS is real.
kombatfighter

RE: Equilibrium, any good? - Aug 21, 2005 00:40

god dude, have a freakin heart attack why dont ya? youre not much of a people person, are you?

It' s not that at all, dude. When you state incorrect information about things especially when it' s something that I adore, I will correct you. So sorry that I came on with a strong defense. I like facts mostly and not opinions. However, if you can back up your opinions with facts then, I will respect you and not have such a strong defense.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll