Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Endless Ocean: recommended
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
Endless Ocean: recommended - Nov 10, 2007 20:53
Yeah, I really like it.

Basically you create your own character and take board a small boat (the Gabbiano) on the tropical Islands of the Manaurai Sea. You go through basic Diving instructions and start your quest.

The basics of the Game is discovering Different Species of Underworld Life and building a book of information in which you gain by discovering and ' petting' or ' feeding' creatures. Stages are structured around a real-time day / night setting (at the moment im advised to only dive in the daytime as we have no nighttime diving equipment) levels are set in parts of a map you recover earlier in the game and are set in named areas and each has it own cool relaxing background music (think the water stages in M64).. BTW that annoying track with that bitch singing is only for the title screen.. (looking for a ' clap' emotion.. really the emotions on this forum are rather lame..lol)

Can even chill on a deck-chair to your own MP3 music and watch the scenery if you don' t feel like diving all the time

A Rather enjoyable, soothing (and at the same time), educational game, in which you can learn in depth facts about every creature you meet.

Games been getting good reviews across the board, gold award in Famitsu 10/8/9/8, 8.8 CVG and 1up.

Not bad atall. Especially for the £20 price tag.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 10 Nov 07 12:59:52 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Endless Ocean: recommended - Nov 11, 2007 04:19
This is a new level of gay and pointless, even for you.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Endless Ocean: recommended - Nov 11, 2007 07:27

This is a new level of gay and pointless, even for you.

Seems you need to play a game like this, you need some anger management
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Endless Ocean: recommended - Nov 11, 2007 13:52
A game that lets me pretend to be relaxing on a beach? I dont " sea" the point. Sorry, couldnt resist the nautical pun.
Grant Delmore

• Total Posts : 76
RE: Endless Ocean: recommended - Nov 11, 2007 13:58
It really depends what type of person you are, I mean if your into art, scenery and diving this game would probably be great, But for people more action orientated but still looking for a artistic game your probably gonna look at shadow of colossus.
The game doesn' t seem like something i would be interested in, But then again thats what i said about Shadow of the colossus, Then i bought it and loved it.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Endless Ocean: recommended - Nov 11, 2007 18:51
This game is great, I love titles that do something different and totally draw you in, i like seeing developers Pushing Gaming into different directions, Kudos to Akira / Nintendo.

In about 4 hours, Done about 7 dives and learn' t around 60 species of Creatures, Some land but mostly underwater creatures from small Blue Ram' s, Sunset Platy' s through to manta ray' s and Vampire squids.

The more i play the more this feels like an enjoyable, interactive scene of ' Planet Earth' meets Zelda.. That the only way i can describe this game so far. Certainly makes a refreshing break from HC VF5 challenges.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Endless Ocean: recommended - Nov 11, 2007 23:02
I also like quirky, different stuff from time to time. I have quite a few of those weird games for my Dreamcast (Room Mania, Seaman, Segagaga etc. Some bus game even haha). It' s not something that I play very often or regard as " masterpieces" . But as you said, it' s a break from the regular stuff.
The day/night thing seems a bit cool and I like games that leave room for discovering places and exploring.
Especially for that price I would probably test it too if I had a Wii. Though after some other game purchases for the console first ;)
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Endless Ocean: recommended - Nov 12, 2007 00:50
I most of the time enjoy games who do things differently than what most do.

I loved killer 7, I loved Shadow of the colossus, I loved Ico, I loved Okami.

Sadly enough games like this just don' t sell well because many of todays gamers just want a fps with some nice graphics.

I already made up my mind a long time ago about this game that I would pick it up sometime when I felt like it. It' s not a game to play for hours. It' s just something you do when you feel like doing something different.

And as with the above titles there are a two games I fear will just sell badly even if they are great. That being NiGHTS, since most of the very mature gaming audience these days will find it to kiddy and stupid. And I also fear for No More Heroes, probably will get stupid comments like it looks horrible and is much worse than GTA or something like that.

Games like this are a lot better than a lot of shitty, boring, always the same thing FPS, racers or whatever we get slapped into our faces these days. Well that' s my opinion atleast.

To me they bring a variety and I' m pleased with such efforts. The only sad thing about all of this is that most people just can' t appreciate something that doesn' t follow the set rules of what a game should do or be.

It' s sad that we hardly see any true creativity in games anymore these days but only rip off after rip off from certain games. It' s sad so many gamers can' t appreciate something different or something creative anymore.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Endless Ocean: recommended - Nov 12, 2007 01:35

Sadly enough games like this just don' t sell well because many of todays gamers just want a fps with some nice graphics.

That' s not entirely true. People buy more FPS gamers because that' s the game type that receives the largest budgets. Larger budgets means larger production values (not just graphics). You have to be really dense to think it' s only about graphics.

If publishers were willing to take risks with other genres and give them huge budgets and try new ideas as they do with FPS games, that would change everything.

If there is a sad part in any of this, it' s that they' re in it for the money like any business, FPS games are the safe bet.

It' s the chicken or the egg. Just as the egg came first, the publishers playing favorites comes before where consumers spend their money.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Endless Ocean: recommended - Nov 12, 2007 04:28
You' re right it' s not only about graphics, but I don' t really like fps anyway so I' m rather biased on that subject.

And you' re right once again it' s true that they' re in it for the money. If I was leading a such a company I would be as well.

And yes it' s true developers are to blame for just playing it safe and shoveling the same thing to us over and over. But that' s were we us gamers come in. Most just keep buying and buying it as well. So it' s actually both our faults.

If we wouldn' t buy it they would have to put more effort into it instead of just forcing the same thing down our throats again with just minor changes and a bit better graphics...just look at EA and Fifa and all their other games. Going like hmmm ooh yes how about we improve this part of the game a little bit so they can see the change but leave the rest the same so we have to do as good as nothing for our next release and then do a little update on one of the other points we could have actually done now. Gaaah I hate EA and their sports series.

If we' d just stop buying the crap they serve us they' d have to be more creative.

So basically in the end both sides are to blame.

The gamers, who just buy it because it has this or that name.
Those who do so are stupid idiots in my opinion who devour anything they get served and hardly or not complain at all.
It' s gamers like that who always can be heard complaining about things that are a bit different than what they' re used to getting served. I dispise loyal dogs who eat up sequel after sequel just because a game has gotten a certain name. If it sucks it sucks and then I' d rather wait till they do something good with the series instead of just buying the crap they give us.

And as a huge Sonic fan I haven' t bought anything in a long time...well besides Secret rings now. Which at least is an improvement over all the rest.

And then there' s them to blame for just being lazy asses for not really trying. Although to me they aren' t to be blamed as much as these mindless gamers are. They do need to make money after all. So as long as they keep making a good enough amount of money without really having to try to them there' s hardly any reason to really start thinking about really being creative or whatelse.

Meh ranting again should really stop doing that. Sorry for wasting your time like this.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll