Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 EB Games In Canada....................
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
EB Games In Canada.................... - Oct 28, 2007 08:05
I went to EB games today to trade in a few of my 360 games that I don' t play anymore, and stumbled upon a great deal they have going on right now.

I traded in:

Madded 07
NHL 07
BFME 2
Lost Planet
Dead Rising
Saints Row
Call of Duty 3

Now, the deal they have going is trade 3 and get a new upcoming release for free. So, for these games I am going to get Call of Duty 4 and Assassins Creed collector' s editions for free when they are released.

Now I know that I could have sold the games on EBAY and possibly got more than the $140 bucks these 2 games cost, but I still think that this was a great deal.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: EB Games In Canada.................... - Oct 28, 2007 09:50
7 games for only 140$ when you paid well over 500$ for them sounds like a rip off to me. But I do the same thing. I don' t usually touch my older games so what can we do?

I wanted to trade in some games when I went to pick up my PSP Slim, but they wanted ID. Which is not new but they don' t accept our health cards anymore. I don' t have any ID they accept. They told me I could use my birth cirtificate. Birth certificate...fukk off I' m not bringing my birth certificate just to trade in some games. I had a bunch of games to unload, now I' m stuck with them. It' s not EB Games fault, its another dumb law we have to deal with. Time to get my drivers license.....
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: EB Games In Canada.................... - Oct 28, 2007 09:52
mmm but some of those game isnt gonna sell to anyonw these days either...
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: EB Games In Canada.................... - Oct 28, 2007 10:30
Don' t you have a car, or do you just take public transportation?

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

7 games for only 140$ when you paid well over 500$ for them sounds like a rip off to me. But I do the same thing. I don' t usually touch my older games so what can we do?

I wanted to trade in some games when I went to pick up my PSP Slim, but they wanted ID. Which is not new but they don' t accept our health cards anymore. I don' t have any ID they accept. They told me I could use my birth cirtificate. Birth certificate...fukk off I' m not bringing my birth certificate just to trade in some games. I had a bunch of games to unload, now I' m stuck with them. It' s not EB Games fault, its another dumb law we have to deal with. Time to get my drivers license.....

Agent Ghost

RE: EB Games In Canada.................... - Oct 28, 2007 10:57

Don' t you have a car, or do you just take public transportation?

Public transportation. I take the city bus everywhere. It' s getting pretty bad actually, I' m 21 years old and I could have gotten my license at 16 but I' ve procrastinated. I don' t need a car anytime soon, but I should have taken my license 5 years ago if only to reduce my insurance rate whenever I do get a car. I' m so lazy...
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: EB Games In Canada.................... - Oct 28, 2007 13:49
Im considering going down to eb games with most of my old games, see how much i can get for them, if i can get a decent ammount, like 200$ ill sell my Wii and get myself a 40gb PS3.

Currently there are more games coming for the PS3 that i want, than there is for the PS3
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: EB Games In Canada.................... - Oct 29, 2007 10:53

Now I know that I could have sold the games on EBAY and possibly got more than the $140 bucks these 2 games cost, but I still think that this was a great deal.
I highly doubt you could have got $70 for those on ebay. That was a great deal
Agent Ghost

RE: EB Games In Canada.................... - Oct 29, 2007 11:24

Im considering going down to eb games with most of my old games, see how much i can get for them, if i can get a decent ammount, like 200$ ill sell my Wii and get myself a 40gb PS3.

I just got my PS3, and it' s pretty sweet. If it' s an option I would definitely drop your Wii in favor of the PSTriple. Even if it means missing SSBB and Galaxy.

Vx Chemical

RE: EB Games In Canada.................... - Oct 29, 2007 15:46
The Wii is an option, ill see how much money i can raise before selling it. I' m selling some network cameras i dont use. Ill see if i can scam soneone to buy my old PS2 for two high a price. And ill consider selling my DS as well when im done with Zelda. I cant get myself to buy 60$ DS games.
mastachefbkw

RE: EB Games In Canada.................... - Oct 30, 2007 04:33

Ill see if i can scam soneone to buy my old PS2 for two high a price
You should try selling it to someone who doesnt know anything about them or a parent who thinks they' re getting a good deal. Sell it with 3 crappy games, an extra controller, and a memory card. You should be able to get a good amount from that.
Vx Chemical

RE: EB Games In Canada.................... - Oct 30, 2007 05:39

You should try selling it to someone who doesnt know anything about them or a parent who thinks they' re getting a good deal. Sell it with 3 crappy games, an extra controller, and a memory card. You should be able to get a good amount from that.

Well i sold it for 120$ or so. As to whether i can put the money towards a PS3 is unknown, since my girlfriends thinks they are better spent on christmas presents, in which she is right.

Raising the funds is going to be tougher than i thought
mastachefbkw

RE: EB Games In Canada.................... - Oct 30, 2007 10:10
You should sell your furniture and then get one of those japanese tables with little pillows and just sit on your knees. It saves a lot of money and looks sophisticated

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll