Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dragon Age is the RPG we have been waiting for, says Bioware
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Dragon Age is the RPG we have been waiting for, says Bioware - Mar 15, 2008 15:09

BioWare has told Eurogamer that its upcoming role-playing game Dragon Age will be what fans have been " wanting forever" .

Senior PR manager for the company Matt Atwood restated the promise that it would be out before April 2009, and said more information would be released soon.

" When you make a statement like ' this is the RPG that people have been waiting for' , then you better back it up and you better spend a hell of a lot of time on it," Atwood told Eurogamer.

" I think we' re going to be extremely proud and our fans are going to be extremely excited. And you' ll hear more about it pretty quick."

Dragon Age is said to be a spiritual successor to Baldur' s Gate, and first showed its face in 2004 before fairly sharply ducking away from public view.

However, although there were " times with less resources and with more resources" , Atwood assures us it has been consistently worked on since then.

So far it has only been linked with PC, but when quizzed about it Atwood didn' t rule out the possibility of it popping up on other platforms.

" It is for the PC, but as far as exclusivity we haven' t said anything on that," he revealed.

Look out for our full interview with Matt Atwood soon, where he talks about the upcoming PC conversion of Mass Effect and how you will be " extremely captivated immediately" by Mass Effect 2.

link

thats a big statement to make! i cant wait for details.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Dragon Age is the RPG we have been waiting for, says Bioware - Mar 16, 2008 00:11

Dragon Age is said to be a spiritual successor to Baldur' s Gate

Stopped reading right there, because I need to hear no more. If Dragon Age really is the spiritual successor to Baldur' s Gate, then it should be f.ucking awesome!!!!
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Dragon Age is the RPG we have been waiting for, says Bioware - Mar 16, 2008 00:25
Well yeah, pc rpg fans have been waiting for a real pc rpg for a long time...

There is nothing released so far better than Placescape Torment & Baldur' s Gate, shit like neverwinter nights, oblivion and the witcher are good, but they just don' t compare.
Vx Chemical

RE: Dragon Age is the RPG we have been waiting for, says Bioware - Mar 16, 2008 00:26

Stopped reading right there, because I need to hear no more. If Dragon Age really is the spiritual successor to Baldur' s Gate, then it should be f.ucking awesome!!!!

Baldur' s Gate is awesome, too bad BG2 was soo boring, i could never get into it.
emofag

RE: Dragon Age is the RPG we have been waiting for, says Bioware - Mar 16, 2008 00:31
BGII was good
Vx Chemical

RE: Dragon Age is the RPG we have been waiting for, says Bioware - Mar 16, 2008 00:46

BGII was good

It took several hours to get to something remotely seeming like a plot.

Torment was 10.000 times better.
emofag

RE: Dragon Age is the RPG we have been waiting for, says Bioware - Mar 16, 2008 00:52
I don' t remember very well but I believe you start out BG2 by breaking out of a prison or whatever, it was good from the start.

The expansion was good too.

And torment is probably the best pc rpg ever, it really needs a remake, I don' t even want a sequel, just the same shit with better graphics since it' s barely playable nowadays due to the very low resolution, and I don' t even think it works in windows Vista.
< Message edited by emofag -- 15 Mar 08 16:54:48 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Dragon Age is the RPG we have been waiting for, says Bioware - Mar 16, 2008 00:54

I don' t remember very well but I believe you start out BG2 by breaking out of a prison or whatever, it was good from the start.

The expansion was good too.

having come from hindering the ressurecting of a god in BG 1, escaping from a little wizard in bg2 is an anti climax.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll