Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Doom 4 Announced!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Doom 4 Announced! - May 08, 2008 03:54
LINK

Production has begun on DOOM 4â„¢, the next journey into the legendary DOOM universe. We are expanding our internal team and are currently hiring to work on this highly anticipated title.

" DOOM is part of the id Software DNA and demands the greatest talent and brightest minds in the industry to bring the next installment of our flagship franchise to Earth," said Todd Hollenshead, CEO, id Software. " It' s critical for id Software to have the best creative minds in-house to develop games that meet the standards synonymous with our titles."

The DOOM franchise is one of the most recognizable and important in gaming history, having been named " one of the ten most influential games of the decade" by PC Gamer and " the #1 game of all time" by GameSpy. DOOM 4 will join the award-winning series which has consistently topped sales charts throughout the world.

We are looking for talented, ambitious and passionate individuals eager to join our accomplished team of developers working on the industry’s most innovative and anticipated games. For a complete listing of available positions, visit our id Careers page. Resumes can be submitted via email to jobs@idsoftware.com. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.

Sweet!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Doom 4 Announced! - May 08, 2008 04:37
Wohoooo!!

I just thought about a new doom the other day, doom 3 was awesome, i loved the sound design in the game, listening to the dictaphones was great.

and its done inhouse a long with Rage, cool!
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Doom 4 Announced! - May 08, 2008 10:34
Meh. To get excited over this they' d have to give it a breath of fresh air and really change up the gameplay. Doom 3 was great for the first hour. Once you realised that everything was ' behind you' and the game turned stale. If it' s just Doom 3 with more shiny' s, it' s probably going to be average.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Doom 4 Announced! - May 08, 2008 10:47

We are looking for talented, ambitious and passionate individuals eager to join our accomplished team of developers working on the industry’s most innovative and anticipated games. For a complete listing of available positions, visit our id Careers page. Resumes can be submitted via email to jobs@idsoftware.com All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.

ID seems to working on the clock, right now another Doom. I love Doom, don' t get me wrong, but the recent Quake game was disappointing.

Rampage99 here is job posting. Maybe you should look into it and see if they offer anything in your area of expertise.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Doom 4 Announced! - May 08, 2008 11:19
I appreciate the heads up. I actually just got done popping my resume their way.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Doom 4 Announced! - May 08, 2008 14:06

I appreciate the heads up. I actually just got done popping my resume their way.

Ill cross my fingers for you
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Doom 4 Announced! - May 08, 2008 22:29

Good luck Rampage!!!!!
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: Doom 4 Announced! - May 09, 2008 17:03
Good luck to you, Rampage.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Doom 4 Announced! - May 09, 2008 19:50
LOL
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Doom 4 Announced! - May 09, 2008 20:51

ORIGINAL: Nitro

LOL

I' m sorry, is there something in my nose?

Nitro

RE: Doom 4 Announced! - May 09, 2008 21:15

ORIGINAL: Tiz

I' m sorry, is there something in my nose?

What can i say... i' m a pragmatist.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Doom 4 Announced! - May 09, 2008 23:13
Are you laughing at my chances of getting into id? I' m right there with you. There isn' t a chance in hell that I' m getting a job with them. I' m currently spamming every company in the US and Canada with my resume just to see if anyone bites.
Nitro

RE: Doom 4 Announced! - May 09, 2008 23:35

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

Are you laughing at my chances of getting into id? I' m right there with you. There isn' t a chance in hell that I' m getting a job with them. I' m currently spamming every company in the US and Canada with my resume just to see if anyone bites.

Only in so much as the required previous experience for working at a codeshop like id Software. I certainly don' t doubt your work ethic or proficiency.

If you put as much effort into your work as you do your fitness regime... you' ll get exactly where you want to go.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Doom 4 Announced! - May 11, 2008 05:58
Quake III is to Doom II as Quake IV is to Doom IV

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages