Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Don' t blame the 360,blame epic!!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Don' t blame the 360,blame epic!! - Dec 24, 2007 08:41
Just been playing some GoW on my pc,with everything at max,runs in 60 framerate,but at the same places where hickups occurs on the 360 same places it happends on my pc for 1 sec,so even with 2gb ram its not enough.

But anyway the game runs silk smooth in 60 framerate otherwise,so not gonna complain so much.

As always I took some pics because ppl might not belive,or I dont know I just did it so get off my back,you know what? you can get on my back for small shits like this but ppl are starving in ...stockholm starving for good games that is!!!
HAHAHAH I FOOLED YOU,YOU THOUGHT I WAS GONNA TALK ABOUR POOR AFRICA KIDS,LALALALALAALAL HAHAHah hihi

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Don' t blame the 360,blame epic!! - Dec 24, 2007 08:46
That last one really looks weird. They must' ve done something funky to the PC port for sure.

Does M&K make a large difference in accuracy for you Quez?
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Don' t blame the 360,blame epic!! - Dec 24, 2007 08:48
Yea loads of people had stuttering problems even on lower settings. There were about a dozen semi-fixes on the forums after release but no guarateed patch fix from epic, even now.

Its a poor port in many respects, but still fun.
QuezcatoL

RE: Don' t blame the 360,blame epic!! - Dec 24, 2007 09:07
The problem is when you move at some places then the framerate drops,but then extremly qucikly hit 60 framerate again.

very weird,but yes the pc version does indeed runs much better then 360.

Allthough the pc version doesnt support co-op splitscreen.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 24 Dec 07 1:08:00 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Don' t blame the 360,blame epic!! - Dec 24, 2007 22:57
Maxed out...

It just looks like the 360 version running in a higher resolution. It has improved textures and will run at whatever speed your PC can handle but other than the " new" content (which was actually dropped from the console version due to time constrictions)... there' s little worth seeing.

But Epic didn' t handle it. People Can Fly (the guys who did Painkiller) ported the game, and Microsoft insisted on including the Games for Windows Live shit. The Guide is pathetic. I see why they did it, but not being able to save your progress without signing in is just dumb.

Mouse & keyboard support obviously makes aiming easier but it just doesn' t feel right and jumping about is nowhere near as fluid. You just can' t dive and roll the same way you can with a pad. Spacebar takes on ' A' buttons functions and so holding ' S' down to move backwards and then space to dive is awkward. Start including the context sensitive stuff like climbing over low walls snapping into and out of cover and using the Roadie Run all in quick succession and it falls apart. The game was created around the 360 pad and even though it' s managable with a keyboard, playing on the higher difficulties where enemies rush you more is easier with a pad.

Mouse doesn' t have rumble too, ...and the game needs rumble.

The menus are retarded, and for some reason the game doesn' t remember my resolution and defaults back to 768 (or whatever it is). Enabling DX10 AA causes it to crash and there are random stutters. It' s a piss weak port of an otherwise amazing game.

It would have been fine if Epic had ported it... UTIII is godly... but meh at least PC gamers get to play Gears. They can talk about it running at faster framerates and having mouse & keyboard support all they want but with this game they haven' t got a leg to stand on.

I bought it though... but only because i' m afraid the 360 version will kill my console...
QuezcatoL

RE: Don' t blame the 360,blame epic!! - Dec 24, 2007 23:53
I dont belive that better looking game is for the reason,I havnt had a broken 360 yet and only been playing good looking games.

I even know people who had theirs break when playing XBLA,so it obviously just faulty hardware.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Don' t blame the 360,blame epic!! - Dec 25, 2007 02:17

I even know people who had theirs break when playing XBLA,so it obviously just faulty hardware.

Exactly. No game is killing the 360, heat and bad solder are.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Don' t blame the 360,blame epic!! - Dec 25, 2007 03:49
You' re both right. No one game kills your 360, and heat & poor hardware do, but one of the contributing factors is which game you' re playing, and how " good" it looks.

I' ve got a box in my house I' m hoping to fix up for myself this week. I can play my copy of The Orange Box, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, and FEAR, no problem, but I get about 20 minutes into my brand spanking new copy of CoD:4, and it rings out on me.

It' s a few different factors that combine to kill your box, some of which more detrimental than others.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Don' t blame the 360,blame epic!! - Dec 25, 2007 04:08
Don' t blame the 360, blame Quezcatol!!!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll