Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Do you like anime or real movies better?
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
Do you like anime or real movies better? - Jul 26, 2005 17:40
I couldn' t think of another name for the real movies, oh well. But anyway I prefer ANIME, not exactly sure why just like to see other peoples artwork and parts of their emagination. I probably like it more because I like to draw anime over realistic art and it' s just so awsome.

So what do you like more, I dont mean what do you watch more but what do you really like more. I know your thinking well if they like one over the other they would watch it more but I dont think thats the case for everyone.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Do you like anime or real movies better? - Jul 26, 2005 17:47
" Live-Action" movies.

Hmm I love the stories within anime but I prefer the visual eye candy of live action movies. Altho being heavy into art I love some of the visual styles used in anime. Still overall Live Action.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Do you like anime or real movies better? - Jul 26, 2005 19:02
I like both... Street Fighter didn' t stand a chance of being a good movie in live-action form and Mortal Kombat probably wouldn' t come off too well in anime form.;).
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 27 Jul 05 3:02:31 >
Sal

• Total Posts : 38
RE: Do you like anime or real movies better? - Jul 27, 2005 18:34
But Fist of the North Star with Christopher Lambert was just SO Good! :-P Hmm, that is a tough question. I would have to say Anime due to the fact they can do many things that just would never happen in a live action movie. and well, you can make an animated version of a live action movie, but it hardly works the other way around. BUT, animated television shows (mainly north-american) never do work out right...except Beetlegeuse, that was a cool cartoon, and a cool movie. Hmm, maybe I live anime movies better cuz all anime chicks are hot......
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Do you like anime or real movies better? - Aug 01, 2005 16:30
I prefer live-action, but there are a couple of gems out there. Ninja Scroll and Appleseed (the new one) stand out.

I actually prefer western animation a little more. The Incredibles was better than any anime that' s come out of Japan, EVER! They just try too hard to make their anime more " adult" by inundating you with poinless dialog and sappy real-world issues. Not a bad thing, but not good either. Take Final Fantasy the Spirits Within. That movied could' ve rocked SO HARD, but it ended up being sappy. They should' ve had an American director. You know we just like to blow sh** up, without reason!

Oh yeah. Golden Boy RULES!!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message