Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Diablo 3, start the rumor mill
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
Diablo 3, start the rumor mill - Apr 19, 2008 16:31
Aparently Diablo3.com and Blizzplanet, two sites who have tights relations with Blizzard are showing a countdown with 12 days left on it (as of today) which puts it at May 1st, and the rumor mills are abuzz with a possible Diablo 3 announcement...

I' m not a guy to fall for hype as much but...

OH
F.UCK
YEAH!

http://www.diablo3.com
http://www.blizzplanet.com

If it does turn out to be Diablo 3, it' s quite impressive to see Blizz working on 3 games at same time.

EDIT: title changed to something more accurate.
< Message edited by killemoff -- 19 Apr 08 11:29:53 >
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Diablo 3, start those hype engines - Apr 19, 2008 16:56

If it does turn out to be Diablo 3, it' s quite impressive to see Blizz working on 3 games at same time.

Remember that with Blizzard, the announcement of a game, and the date the game comes out are separated by a vast and indefinite amount of time.

As far as it being announced, I will reserve any comment until official notice is given.
killemoff

RE: Diablo 3, start those hype engines - Apr 19, 2008 17:05

ORIGINAL: Dagashi

Remember that with Blizzard, the announcement of a game, and the date the game comes out are separated by a vast and indefinite amount of time.

As far as it being announced, I will reserve any comment until official notice is given.

I' m quite aware of their " when it' s done" philosophy, and i' m with you on this, i' ll hold until an oficial announcement to release a full barrage of hype spam.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Diablo 3, start those hype engines - Apr 19, 2008 17:10
I could use a diablo 3 in about 3 years time. Im eager to see how they changed the concept though. Im sure a click fest in a isometric enviroment wont cut it in this day and age.
Vx Chemical

RE: Diablo 3, start those hype engines - Apr 19, 2008 17:13
Edit :

Blizzard doesnt have a habbit of releasing info like this. unless it coincides with their WWI in Paris.

Edit Edit;

It doesnt the WWI is in Late June. I smell a hoax
< Message edited by vx chemical -- 19 Apr 08 9:17:51 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Diablo 3, start those hype engines - Apr 19, 2008 17:20
I don' t think we' ll see anything really. Blizzard will want to keep all the focus and hype purely on Starcraft 2. If they have a huge Diablo 3 announcement, it will steal thunder and sales.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Diablo 3, start those hype engines - Apr 19, 2008 17:25
Maybe. They could draw even more hype to the game. They could release StarCraft 2 and include the Diablo 3 trailer on it. The Diablo 2 trailer on the original StarCraft CD. It would increase hype for both the games. Not quite as effective as back in the day because the trailer would be easily downloadable online with fast internet.

Just thinking about Diablo 3 kind of has me excited. I dont' really like RPGs and only played the first one a little bit and never played the second one. It is always fun playing online with your friends though.
Vx Chemical

RE: Diablo 3, start those hype engines - Apr 19, 2008 17:37

I don' t think we' ll see anything really. Blizzard will want to keep all the focus and hype purely on Starcraft 2. If they have a huge Diablo 3 announcement, it will steal thunder and sales.

no likely!

Starcraft II and Diablo III would be several years a part. It' s not even the same genre, most of the people who would get excited by both are rabid Blizzard fanboys just like myself.

Besides Blizzard is a huge undertaking with several games under development, 4 the last time i checked. One being an MMO and one being SCII.

Most companies can have severeal good looking titles without one of them stealing from the other, least of all if they are several years a part!

UnluckyOne

RE: Diablo 3, start those hype engines - Apr 19, 2008 18:25
I' m not saying they' re not working on it. But they' re not going to have any grand announcement before SC2 releases.
Vx Chemical

RE: Diablo 3, start those hype engines - Apr 19, 2008 18:37

I' m not saying they' re not working on it. But they' re not going to have any grand announcement before SC2 releases.

They could easily do that! SC release might not even be this year for all we know. If they are working on 4 projects each taking 3-4 years, they cant bloody well not have two announced at the same time.

What would mean a development cycle of 8 years which would be wayy to expensive.

Besides they' ve had more than one title slated for release at the same time before.

But i dont believe Diablo 3 wil be announced this May. Maybe in June at WWI, or in September at Blizzcon, or even at E3.
UnluckyOne

RE: Diablo 3, start those hype engines - Apr 19, 2008 18:59
Look at Blizzard' s release timeline. With their flagship games (SC, WC, Diablo) they tend to give a focus period for each series. This has been a pattern about as far back as 1995. I don' t see why they' ll change this. SC2 will get a period where it will be the entire focus of media attention.

Once SC2 is released, they' ll be able to do what they want. But until then, a Diablo MMORPG media blitz makes no sense when SC2 is on the brink of release. At best, there may be a small, off the record tidbit of information regarding Diablo, but it' s not going to be anything tangible.
killemoff

RE: Diablo 3, start those hype engines - Apr 19, 2008 19:23
For all that is known, the MMORPG could be Diablo...
UnluckyOne

RE: Diablo 3, start the rumor mill - Apr 19, 2008 19:54
I think it' s a given that Diablo 3 will be an MMORPG. With Battle.net, Diablo 2 was already halfway there.

It' s a logical progression for the aging series. They already made a bucketload of cash with their current MMORPG, so they' ll definitely try and tap that market again. What better way than with an existing successful franchise?
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Diablo 3, start the rumor mill - Apr 20, 2008 03:48
12 days remaining for a countdown.
If it is then great news and then we would expect to play by 2010 even later.
Diablo2... good times.
But Blizzard already has their hands full with WOW and Star Craft 2.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Diablo 3, start the rumor mill - Apr 20, 2008 04:54
I think it' s funny that you guys think Blizzard has their hands full with only two games. They are working on a LOT more than two games. There are currently a minimum of 6 games that are currently under development by them.

WoW
StarCraft 2
Ghost (isn' t actually dead... found it just recently on a guy' s resume that works for Blizzard listed under his current projects)
Unannounced Console Title (also one some Blizzard resumes I' ve found)
New MMO
Diablo 3 (this could potentially be the new console title or even perhaps the MMO though doubtful)
Mobile Games

You guys have to realize Blizzard is really growing in size. They just moved into a new multi million dollar complex that is gigantic. They have the money for growth and they are expanding.
Vx Chemical

RE: Diablo 3, start the rumor mill - Apr 20, 2008 07:11

You guys have to realize Blizzard is really growing in size. They just moved into a new multi million dollar complex that is gigantic. They have the money for growth and they are expanding.
¨'

Hey dude i posted 3-4 titles as work in progress as a minímum.

Blizzard at some point said they were doing something that wasnt one of their old IPs, i dont remember when.

So:

SCII
New IP
MMO
Ghost
Most likely Diablo 3 as wéll
UnluckyOne

RE: Diablo 3, start the rumor mill - Apr 20, 2008 12:51

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

I think it' s funny that you guys think Blizzard has their hands full with only two games. They are working on a LOT more than two games. There are currently a minimum of 6 games that are currently under development by them.

Where did I say that? I never said that Blizzard doesn' t have multiple projects going in house. The discussion here was that they' re not going to officially announce a game like Diablo 3 on the advent of SC2.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Diablo 3, start the rumor mill - Apr 20, 2008 23:11
It was really into direct reference to Shadowwolf' s last sentence. I' m sorry I didn' t read the thread as thoroughly. It just seemed like the general vibe of the thread is with SC2 around the bend they wouldn' t be working on anything else. I guess I was wrong.

Honestly though I don' t see why you guys would think they' d hold off an announcement of Diablo3. It wouldn' t pull any steam from Blizzard. If anything people would be more excited that Blizzard is getting ready to pump out some major titles. Do you honestly think the announcement of Diablo3 would make people care less about StarCraft 2? Blizzard has had multiple big titles announced and in development at the same time before. There' s no reason to not announce it. I don' t know if there is any validity to this current rumor though.
Vx Chemical

RE: Diablo 3, start the rumor mill - Apr 20, 2008 23:29
i dont believe the current rumours, but i think blilzzard will make a announcement this year, before the release of SC2

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll