Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dean Takahashi's analysis of X360 design flaws
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
Re:Dean Takahashi's analysis of X360 design flaws - Sep 13, 2008 21:30
He will die being an hero!
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Dean Takahashi's analysis of X360 design flaws - Sep 14, 2008 00:01
Evilkiller

He will die being an hero!

No, he will die poor and unemployed. Unless just for spite Apple hires him.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Dean Takahashi's analysis of X360 design flaws - Sep 14, 2008 03:35

WTF? Does he not realize MS has possibly the best law team in the world?

It doesn't matter how good their corporate litigators are, because they'll never bring them out in full force.

Microsoft want this issue swept under the carpet as cleanly as possible. They won't drag it out in a long, public court hearing.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Dean Takahashi's analysis of X360 design flaws - Sep 14, 2008 05:15
he obviously just wants publicity and money
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:Dean Takahashi's analysis of X360 design flaws - Sep 14, 2008 07:40
The bottom line is that Microsoft is handling the problem in their own way; by spending millions replacing defective consoles (or was it billions?)  Everyone is fully aware of the piss-poor reliability.  EVERYONE!  So this guy lost his job, and will probably get sued, for what?  For some moral stand-point, which helps no one?  Microsoft will continue to do their thing, people will continue to buy 360s, knowing full well the problems they are inheriting, and this guy's gonna get what's coming to him for being an idiot by violating his NDA and, AND allowing his name to be used.  He got fired for going public, with public knowledge.  What a twit!
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
Re:Dean Takahashi's analysis of X360 design flaws - Sep 14, 2008 10:56
That engineer wich told them to stop the lines, only did his job...
When a engineer discovered that 68% of the consoles beeing manufactured didn't work, he told them to stop.

They chose not to, they delivered a product on the market to the consumers where over half of them didn't work.
True, launch-products often suffers bigger problems than products wich have been in production for a while, however, in this case they knew the failure rate were way over acceptable limits.
Launch-360 should have been in a recall-program now, not just under extended warranty, if it suffers rrod. :-/

That engineer isn't a twit for breaking his NDA, he has to suffer for beeing part of a team wich knowingly produced crap, he will need to try to get a new job in the future, since I doub't that he is receiving licensing money for Windows.

If you had to hire a engineer to build something for you, and you received two applicants for the job.
One person had that he were on the team that built the Wii in his CV, and the other had that he were on the team who built 360 on his CV.
You'd probably be laughing manically as you threw the CV of the 360-engineer in the thrashcan, thinking on how lucky you were when you dodged that bullet.

However, it's not the engineer who were fired for breaking his NDA in the media, it's a game's tester wich worked for Bungie.
He gave alot of good advices on how to be most secure, i.e. explained how Nyco-intercooler, and similar might not be a good idea, if you pulled power from the console.
I'd reccomend you to read it, if you were interested in protecting your console.
He just do the job that Microsoft support isn't allowed to do, since PR/Marketing department calls the shots at MS - ie. it were probably not the engineers who decided if what they engineered were good enough quality. :)
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Dean Takahashi's analysis of X360 design flaws - Sep 14, 2008 16:06

What a twit!

More like "What a twist!"

ie. it were probably not the engineers who decided if what they engineered were good enough quality. :)

It were probably so :)
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Dean Takahashi's analysis of X360 design flaws - Sep 14, 2008 19:15

That engineer isn't a twit for breaking his NDA, he has to suffer forbeeing part of a team wich knowingly produced crap, he will need to tryto get a new job in the future, since I doub't that he is receiving licensing money for Windows.

He violated a contractual agreement, and got dismissed because of it. He has no personal gain from outing Microsoft, short of a few weeks of internet metafame, if that. It didn't make a bit of sense for him to do this, though, from what I've read, he's a temp worker, so it's not like he had that much to lose in the first place.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Dean Takahashi's analysis of X360 design flaws - Sep 14, 2008 20:43
He's just another nub that got pwned.  And who the hell is going to buy that crappy book?  Anyone intrested with an ounce of sense knows everything there is to know about it.  The only thing going for it is the publicity it's getting, and I still don't see people with a reason for buying it.  Both guys are huge losers.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message