Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dead Space Demo on Thursday
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Dead Space Demo on Thursday - Nov 24, 2008 21:48
Wednesday for US.

27th for EU.

Unsourced link to Kotaku.

I can't be the only one who hasn't played this yet, have I? I know Dan bought it. What'd you think?

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Dead Space Demo on Thursday - Nov 24, 2008 21:56
Eddie_the_Hated

Wednesday for US.

27th for EU.

Unsourced link to Kotaku.

I can't be the only one who hasn't played this yet, have I? I know Dan bought it. What'd you think?

I loved it, as did apparently every media outlet (except OXM, but theyre invalid). I liked the pacing, it slowly builds up to frenzies, but I cant say its for everyone. The controls feel a little odd at first
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Dead Space Demo on Thursday - Nov 24, 2008 23:45
Played through to the end (on PC), which is encouraging in itself - would recommend the console version though for better controls. 

Its not quite up there with Doom 3, Event Horizon or The Thing imo, but its still atmospheric, the visuals have some character, and the story is at least good enough to keep you playing, even if lopping off limbs gets a bit repetitive.  The old mining ship is nicely designed though with some varied and entirely imaginable environments.
<message edited by choupolo on Nov 24, 2008 23:49>
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Dead Space Demo on Thursday - Nov 25, 2008 02:51
choupolo

Played through to the end (on PC), which is encouraging in itself - would recommend the console version though for better controls. 

Its not quite up there with Doom 3, Event Horizon or The Thing imo, but its still atmospheric, the visuals have some character, and the story is at least good enough to keep you playing, even if lopping off limbs gets a bit repetitive.  The old mining ship is nicely designed though with some varied and entirely imaginable environments.

I'll be picking this up second hand eventually.. none in stock at my mate's store so went for FarCry2 on PS3 while the 360 is gubbed.

Surely this is scarier than Doom 3, EH or The Thing (the game?) though? 
immortaldanmx

Re:Dead Space Demo on Thursday - Nov 25, 2008 02:56
Never played EH, but I definitely thought it was scarier than Doom 3. Theres nothing scary about monsters in the closet.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Dead Space Demo on Thursday - Nov 25, 2008 03:05

Never played EH, but I definitely thought it was scarier than Doom 3. Theres nothing scary about monsters in the closet.

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Dead Space Demo on Thursday - Nov 25, 2008 03:07
You know what?  I think Simmons might be gay.
immortaldanmx

Re:Dead Space Demo on Thursday - Nov 25, 2008 04:05
Agent Ghost

You know what?  I think Simmons might be gay.

Just maybe.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Dead Space Demo on Thursday - Nov 25, 2008 13:14
Is he the 'macho macho man' person?

It wasn't the scare factor I was talking about. Its difficult to scare people nowadays.  I just meant Doom3 and the films Event Horizon and The Thing, were all influences - and although Dead Space is its own game it never really surpasses any of these in their elements. 

The Thing - Dog scene

But if you ignore all that, its still a very atmospheric, genuinely chilling game at times.
<message edited by choupolo on Nov 25, 2008 13:21>
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Dead Space Demo on Thursday - Nov 25, 2008 15:24
i had the option, far cry 2 or dead space, i feel i made the wrong choice. luckly i will have both and dead space is looking mighty fine, I am sure the demo will be cool. 

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll