Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dead Rising meets Far Cry = Dead Island [PC/360]
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
Dead Rising meets Far Cry = Dead Island [PC/360] - Aug 09, 2007 22:26
So some weird polish developer announced Dead Island, which sounds pretty cool in my opinion. The setting is some Island you and your girlfriend land on after a plane crash and she gets seperated from you and you have to save her blahblah generic crap. Anyway, why that sounds boring, the game is supposed to have some really nifty features, like a ultrarealistic (This is also one of the worst buzz words ever) damage model where you can even see when you damage the bones of your enemies, a very realistic simulation of gas, water and electricity so that you can " create your own unique ways of eliminating enemies" and many, many weapons. It is also going to be non-linear and the enviroment is supposed to react on the spreading zombie plague.

Announcement: http://forumen.deadislandgame.com/viewtopic.php?t=345&sid=65c3ee39f7dd4702089ef6db806203ad

Some Artworks: http://images.filefront.com/Dead%20Island%20%20%208%2008%2007_Screenshots_Pictures/;104788;0;/screenshot.aspx

I think this sounds very promising. Who cares about Left 4 Dead anymore after this announcement?

Anyway, did anybody play one of their previous games? Especially Call of Juarez/Chrome. Have those games been any good?
< Message edited by Evilkiller -- 9 Aug 07 15:41:43 >
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Dead Rising meets Far Cry = Dead Island [PC/360] - Aug 09, 2007 23:54
Might possibly turn cool... I dunno.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Dead Rising meets Far Cry = Dead Island [PC/360] - Aug 10, 2007 13:27

I think this sounds very promising. Who cares about Left 4 Dead anymore after this announcement?

I do, Left 4 Dead still looks cool and it looks better everytime they share more news about it.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Dead Rising meets Far Cry = Dead Island [PC/360] - Aug 10, 2007 16:43
Call of Juarez wasn' t too bad. The multiplayer was pretty lame, but the single player was enjoyable for the most part.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Dead Rising meets Far Cry = Dead Island [PC/360] - Aug 10, 2007 23:54
Atlest worth take notice,it sounds cool.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll