Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Damn I didnt realize 2009 had so many movies to see...
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Damn I didnt realize 2009 had so many movies to see... - Jan 07, 2009 02:35
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Damn I didnt realize 2009 had so many movies to see... - Jan 07, 2009 13:52
X-men: Wolverine
Star Trek
Terminator Salvation
Transformers
Public Enemies
Inglorious Basterds
The Wolfman
The Watchmen

I might go see Ice Age 3.  I haven't seen the first two, I might buy them on BD and if they're good I'll go see the new one.

Yeah, badass.  I haven't seen many movies in Cinema last year so this will be nice.
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Jan 09, 2009 01:10>
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Damn I didnt realize 2009 had so many movies to see... - Jan 07, 2009 18:22
Heh, that pic of The Watchmen looks like it could have been from a cosplay convention!

I loved Ice Age.

Skeptical of Terminator.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
Re:Damn I didnt realize 2009 had so many movies to see... - Jan 08, 2009 10:36
Watchmen
Wolverine
Up
Inglorious Basterds (hopefully Quentin's got the crap movies out of       his system after Grindhouse. Everybody gets one pass.)

Where the Wild Things Are  (pure nostalgia)

I'll wait for the reviews of Avatar.
The Wolfman
Sherlock Holmes
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:Damn I didnt realize 2009 had so many movies to see... - Jan 08, 2009 11:52
You didn't like Death Proof?

Granted, Planet Terror was the better of the two... but i think calling Death Proof crap is a little OTT. It might not be what you expected but it was still a good film.

Anyway, after Kill Bill... Tarantino gets all the free passes he wants.

Plus, Rodriguez has directed 3 Spy Kids films and The Adventure of Sharkboy and Lavagirl... yet Sin City and Planet Terror were badass.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:Damn I didnt realize 2009 had so many movies to see... - Jan 08, 2009 20:53
Only Agent is interested in Public Enemies?  I mean, Johnny Depp as John Dillinger, and Christian Bale as an agent tracking him down!  AND produced and directed by Michael Mann!  Robert De Niro as Exec. producer!  I don't see how they could go wrong!  Of course I'm a HUGE fan of Depp, but I'm getting tired of seeing him in Tim Burton movies!

Sherlock Holmes?  Yes, please!  Downey Jr. and Jude law, directed by Guy Ritchie!  Fuck yeah!

I'm looking forward to a LOT of these movies.  G.I. Joe scares me, however!  God, that could be SOOO bad!  I like Benecio Del Toro, so The Wolfman looks intriguing.

My most anticipated movie has to be Transformers 2, though.  I mean, fuck... it's robots in disguise!

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Damn I didnt realize 2009 had so many movies to see... - Jan 08, 2009 21:06

Sherlock Holmes?  Yes, please!  Downey Jr. and Jude law, directed by Guy Ritchie!  Fuck yeah!
After Iron Man and Tropic Thunder, I'm convinced Downey Jr. can pull of anything.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Damn I didnt realize 2009 had so many movies to see... - Jan 08, 2009 22:47
yeah looks more intresting than last year... looking forward to the new terminator..
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
Re:Damn I didnt realize 2009 had so many movies to see... - Jan 08, 2009 23:00
I am sceptical of The New Terminator film (I also find Christian Bale becoming a bit over exposed, he was great in American Psycho if you get the chance to see it.)

Star Trek holds the most intrigue for me, new cast playing established characters could be interesting.

Watchmen I am worried this could be a let down like Max Payne was last year...
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Damn I didnt realize 2009 had so many movies to see... - Jan 09, 2009 00:11
watchmen looks good, from from the same guy who directed 300, Zack Snyder, the trailer really got me intrested.

Max was utter shit, what a let down could have been awesome, yet another video game to movie failure, I guess someday videogame stories will be taken seriously. maybe.

Star Trek looks iffy, they all look like teenagers. . . .
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Damn I didnt realize 2009 had so many movies to see... - Jan 09, 2009 01:03

I also find Christian Bale becoming a bit over exposed, he was great in American Psycho if you get the chance to see it.

I can't get enough of this fucker.  American Psycho is one of my favorite movies, but he was also great in the machinist.  Have you seen it, it's movies like that were you see how hardcore an actor is.  He's a goddamn skeleton in the movie.  he's good in all the roles h's played in.  I don't know anything about Public Enemies but with Bale and Depp (also excellent but for different reasons), instant win.

Glorious Basterds is written and directed by Tarintino.  No other explanation required.  I didn't like Death Proof but his other movies speak for themselves as Nitro said. 

Reservoir Dogs
Four Rooms
Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill 1&2

All fucking genius!  If you have yet to see any of these do it now jackass. 
Add to this the fact that you have Brad Pitt, another great actor.  Snatch, Fight Club, Troy... 

Star Trek
I was never a big fan of the original series, mostly because of low production values.  I'm a fan of Voyager and DS9 though.  It should be good.  I think it's a prequal to the series, hence why they are so young.  I bet this will be bigger than the Dark Knight in the box office (which is 2nd of all time behind The Titanic).  If it's good this one will be a HUGE success.   

Directed by James Cameron.  Too bad he's not writting and directing the Terminator movie, but you cant have everything in life.  I still expect this to be good even though I have no idea what it's about.

T Salvation
If I keep my expectations in check this should still be good fun.  

Transformers 2
I can't imagine this not being good.

X-Men Wolverine
Please don't fuck up DeadPool, PLEEEAAASE!

Wolfman
Who doesn't like Werewolves?  No one because they're badass.

Watchmen
Never heard of this before seeing the trailer in theaters.  Looks decent, I don't really care, this is just another movie I can bring my little brother to.

"9"  Tim Burton=win 
http://www.apple.com/trailers/focus_features/9/
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Damn I didnt realize 2009 had so many movies to see... - Jan 09, 2009 04:22
I think the new star trek movie looks gay.  I don't want to see little kids.  The best Star Trek is The Next Generation.  The other ones suck peepee in comparison.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:Damn I didnt realize 2009 had so many movies to see... - Jan 09, 2009 20:10
locopuyo

I think the new star trek movie looks gay.  I don't want to see little kids.  The best Star Trek is The Next Generation.  The other ones suck peepee in comparison.

I agree with you about TNG being the best, as far as the tv shows go, but the new Star Trek looks damn good.  The cool thing for me is that I like all of the actors that they picked for their respective roles.  None of them are really HUGE stars, which I think is a good thing.

Fucking JOHN CHO as Sulu, BITCHES!!  I hope he calls Uhura a milf!
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
Re:Damn I didnt realize 2009 had so many movies to see... - Jan 16, 2009 01:14
GI JOE-  My most Highly anticipated movie for 2009.
Denis Quaid imo has never made a "bad movie" I think he along with the other strong cast members, great costume designs and good plot has a chance to be best movie for 2009.

However,  it does have competition from Transformers 2. Can Michael Bay pull off another stunning movie. I think so.

Terminator Salvation? Christian Bale could pull this one off. Would like to see this movie and see where else it would carry the franchise.

X Men Origins: Wolverine Meh... i'm not so concerned with this but will probably end up looking at it anyway.

Watchmen looks intriguing. I hope it will be fun.

Thats my movie listing for anticipated movies so far.

No one cares for Fast and Furious 4?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Damn I didnt realize 2009 had so many movies to see... - Jan 16, 2009 03:10
The only Star Trek anything I've ever sat all the way through is Trouble with Tribbles, or whatever the hell it's called.

The new movie looks amazing though.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Damn I didnt realize 2009 had so many movies to see... - Jan 16, 2009 03:47
Eddie_the_Hated

The only Star Trek anything I've ever sat all the way through is Trouble with Tribbles, or whatever the hell it's called.

The new movie looks amazing though.

Zachary Quinto(Sylar from Heroes, now Spock)= auto win. But Ive never liked Star Trek, I guess I was too young to find it interesting.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
Re:Damn I didnt realize 2009 had so many movies to see... - Jan 18, 2009 22:45
Agent Ghost

I might go see Ice Age 3.  I haven't seen the first two, I might buy them on BD and if they're good I'll go see the new one.

You should. They are pretty funny and there's actually quite a bit of adult humour in both of them.

Ice Age 3 and Transformers 2 are the two I'm most looking forward to.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll