Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Creative Writing/Christopher Brookmyre
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Creative Writing/Christopher Brookmyre - Oct 11, 2006 07:29
I don' t know how many of you will know this Scottish author, but he kindly did a reading of his latest novel for us befrienders at the Glasgow Volunteer Centre tonight.

Aside from the excellent reading he did, he really was a genuine guy who gave solid advice on the questions I asked about creative writing and how he began his career as a full time novelist. He said he had 3 novels unpublished that he wrote " Because I thought a publisher would want it" before he started writing about the things he wanted to write about in his own style, which got him published.

Anyone else interested in writing here, aside from posting on kikizo (which is addictive, I know!) ? I' d really like to see links to short stories etc if you write them, but I just thought I' d post as tonight was a great source of inspiration!
< Message edited by Iad umboros -- 10 Oct 06 23:29:57 >
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Creative Writing/Christopher Brookmyre - Oct 12, 2006 14:30
Well, I have a book currently up in the air to a couple Publishers. I am a published poet, as well, I am attempting to publish my new novella which is a blending of poetry and modern fictional story-telling.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Creative Writing/Christopher Brookmyre - Oct 13, 2006 02:54
That' s cool! Do you have any links to any of your stuff?
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Creative Writing/Christopher Brookmyre - Oct 13, 2006 04:14
I did have a slew of stuff at my site alecrein.com, but right now only reviews are up (which were done in fun more than anything). Alot of my works were in the forum which is down currently due to an attack by a spam-bot (I' ll have to get the forum re-established and founded in some good security).

Scratch that, the specific links do work to access the forum. As long as you don' t mind sifting through some spam.
< Message edited by Alecrein -- 12 Oct 06 20:16:03 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message