Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Crackdown 2 is Still on the Negotiating Table
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Crackdown 2 is Still on the Negotiating Table - Dec 30, 2008 20:25

Realtime Worlds is in "ongoing discussions" with Microsoft over plans for Crackdown 2, the company has confirmed, amid rumours that a splinter company - Ruffian - was poaching staff to work on the project.
David Jones, founder and CEO of Realtime Worlds, said that he would be "gutted" if the company didn't work on the project, and that he doubts Microsoft would risk its relationship with the Dundee-based developer by opting for a local competitor, according to VG247.
A statement from studio head Colin Macdonald read as follows:
"I just wanted to correct the rumours today surrounding Crackdown. Although to date we haven't had an offer from Microsoft for the Crackdown sequel rumoured, we continue to have ongoing discussions with them.
"In the unfortunate event that there isn’t an agreement with RTW reached, Dave said he would 'be gutted not to be involved, but if it had to be that way, I would want to see it done justice - by an established, renowned developer that had the track record of delivering the quality gaming experience Crackdown players would demand.'
"In any event, I also very much doubt that Microsoft would harm an otherwise fruitful existing development relationship by gambling on funding Crackdown 2 with a startup on RTW's doorstep, for obvious reasons.

Good good news.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Crackdown 2 is Still on the Negotiating Table - Dec 30, 2008 21:39
I wonder if they're going to add some sort of beta with this one too. The Halo 3 beta was what sold the game to most people, although I thought it was amazing.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll