Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Consoles you never had...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Consoles you never had... - Jul 12, 2008 04:42
So 2pac and VX never had a fucking Nintendo 64, ...which is criminal because while yes you can use an emulator to play many of the games released for the platform, you' re never going to be able to experience what those of us who bought the console did.

I bought a N64 at launch with Super Mario 64 - a game i' m still playing til this day in the form of Super Mario 64 DS... [SMG DS plz Nintendo!]

I' d had my PlayStation since it' s launch almost 2 years earlier but Super Mario 64 just blew everything else away in every single respect.

Some of my most fondly remembered games were on the 64; GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Conkers Bad Fur day, Turok 2, Stars Wars: Rogue Squadron, 1080 Snowboarding, Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing, F-Zero X, Gex 64, Donkey Kong 64, Pilotwings 64, Star Fox 64, Super Smash Bros, Wave Race 64, Blast Corps, Killer Instinct Gold, Jet Force Gemini, Kirby 64 etc...

The only fault i had with the console was that the games were very expensive. I remember paying about £70 for Perfect Dark and £65 for Conkers Bad Fur Day, and some games required the Expansion Pak (upping the available RAM from 4MB to 8MB) It was daylight robbery in the UK.

That said, hindsight allows me to see exactly what i would have missed out on if i' d only bought one console that gen, or if i' d just gone from Saturn & PlayStation to Dreamcast& PlayStation 2. N64 was epic.

So did any more of you useless fucks miss out on Nintendo' s second greatest console? If not, ...have you missed out on any of the other consoles post NES/Master System?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Consoles you never had... - Jul 12, 2008 05:03
Well to put it like this, iv had a GCN, PS2, Xbox, PS3, Xbox 360 and a Wii

I had a C64 though. and iv been primarily a PC gamer untill recently.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Consoles you never had... - Jul 12, 2008 05:12

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Well to put it like this, iv had a GCN, PS2, Xbox, PS3, Xbox 360 and a Wii

I had a C64 though. and iv been primarily a PC gamer untill recently.

No NES, Master System, SNES, Mega Drive, Saturn, PlayStation, Nintendo 64 or Dreamcast?

Wow...
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Consoles you never had... - Jul 12, 2008 05:27
I was a pc gamer since I was a small child and always coveted eddie' s consoles and so when the ps2 came out I finally got that as a Christmas present and I now have a 360.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Consoles you never had... - Jul 12, 2008 05:29
NES, N64, PS2, GC,XBOX, XBOX 360, PS3 All the Game Boys, DS,PSP, PC

That' s right I never owned a Sega system, SNES or a Playstation. I was able to play Saga Genesis and SNES at friends houses. PS graphics made my eyes bleed so it was a conscious choice to avoid it. Actually I didn' t even know what a PLaystation was until well into the life of the 64. I never owned the SNES and the Sega systems as I was at the mercy of my mom who never bought them for me. At this time I wasn' t a serious gamer anyways, I had a GameBoy and a NES. Gaming had no definition for me, they were just toys. Then I saw a clip of Mario 64 on television and my fucking jaw dropped, that blew my mind. I played mario 3 countless times, seeing him in 3D spawned this whole obsession.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 11 Jul 08 21:31:46 >
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
RE: Consoles you never had... - Jul 12, 2008 06:43
thanks to an older brother i' ve had a chance to play most if not all systems from the 80' s to today. As for the 64 I have many memories. palm blisters from Mario Party are the most vivid
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Consoles you never had... - Jul 12, 2008 08:14

No NES, Master System, SNES, Mega Drive, Saturn, PlayStation, Nintendo 64 or Dreamcast?

Back when i was younger, consoles were for kids. PC' s were ages ahead in most departments.

We' ve had lan parties since before people had 100mbit networks.

I remember hosting Lan parties with BNC cables. Or playing doom while hooking computers up with a serial kabel.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Consoles you never had... - Jul 12, 2008 08:21
I started out with a 2600, missing out on the Intellivision and Colecovision... I also had an Apple IIe at the time, only got to play with the C64 at friends' houses.

Later I had Sega' s 8-bit and 16-bit systems, but got in a good amount of gaming on Nintendo' s systems with friends. Around the same time I got an Amiga 500 but was missing most games on the IBM PCs...

I then pretty much skipped the entire era of PS1, Saturn and N64, although I still read about gaming regularly then. I was in a decently successful band during those years and didn' t have time for gaming much.

Got back into gaming with the PC and Dreamcast, and then both of the Xboxes, so I' ve missed a lot of what' s come out on the Playstations. Also I haven' t been so interested in PC gaming recently.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Consoles you never had... - Jul 12, 2008 10:52
I never had a Genesis to own, nor did I have a Saturn for very long. I' ve had terrible luck with dreamcasts, and I never really bothered with the Lynx/NeoGeoPocket. Other than that, I feel I' ve been pretty well rounded.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Consoles you never had... - Jul 12, 2008 11:13
I never owned a Sega Saturn (Just going by the main stream consoles). Other than that, I didnt miss out on any one.

Btw. who else here played the original Mario Party on N64? Did you end up being unable to wank for a week because of that one stupid minigame where you have to rotate the stick, too?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Consoles you never had... - Jul 12, 2008 11:27
They had to legally distribute a callous-prevention cloth glove for whiners like you.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Consoles you never had... - Jul 12, 2008 11:57
Never had:

N64
PlayStation One
NES (Transformers: The Movie won out against it)
3DO
NEC SuperGrafx
NEC CoreGrafx -- NEC ShuttleGrafx
Game Boy
Game Boy Color
Game Gear
Atari Lynx
Neo Geo Pocket
Virtual Boy
CD-I
Jaguar
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 12 Jul 08 4:00:14 >
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Consoles you never had... - Jul 12, 2008 11:58
I' ve had every modern non-mega-failure console & handheld since NES.

I' ve owned failures like Saturn, Dreamcast, Gamegear, etc. Never owned disaster failures like Virtual Boy, Jaguar, CD-I, etc.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Consoles you never had... - Jul 12, 2008 12:03
I missed every Sega console. I always got to play them enough, specially the Dreamcast, but never owned one. Never got anything besides the big N when little, except for the Atari2600. I have bought all of my owned Microsoft and Sony consoles. Never owned a handheld either, PSP is my first. That said, the consoles I' ve owned:

Atari2600
NES
SNES
N64
PSX
PS2
Xbox
GC
Xbox 360
Wii
PS3
PSP

Btw. who else here played the original Mario Party on N64? Did you end up being unable to wank for a week because of that one stupid minigame where you have to rotate the stick, too?

I wasn' t old enough to wank then, but yes, I do remember said mini-game. I' ve hated anything that has to do with virtual rowing ever since
< Message edited by chimura -- 12 Jul 08 4:43:30 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Consoles you never had... - Jul 12, 2008 12:31
I happily missed out on:

Atari Jaguar
Sega Game Gear
Nintendo GameBoy (couldn' t stand the color-less, non-lit screen... but I do have a GBA)
CD-i
Amiga CD32
Atari Lynx
Sharp X68000
FM Towns Marty
MSX
PSP (just not a huge portable fan)

etc
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 12 Jul 08 4:32:02 >
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Consoles you never had... - Jul 12, 2008 13:02
No console before ps1 was officially launched here so yes I have missed a lot of the classic games you mentioned . Using an emulator was the only way I could play Goldeneye , Ocarina of time etc and I had a blast even though I was playing these game 5-6 yrs late .

I have owned ,

Atari 2600
NES
SNES
Gameboy
PS2
Xbox
Xbox360
< Message edited by 2pac -- 12 Jul 08 5:08:15 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Consoles you never had... - Jul 12, 2008 13:53
Oh yeah, I forgot about everything before the NES. I didn' t own any of that shiz.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Consoles you never had... - Jul 12, 2008 23:41
Never owned a gameboy, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube or Wii - BUT a close friend of mine growing up had all of the early Nintendo machines upto the N64, and I was always around his place.

So I only really missed out on :

Saturn - big Thunderforce fan, but regretted not playing number 5.

Gamecube - really wanted to play Ikaruga when it came out.

Xbox - the sheer ugly hugeness of the machine put me off, but I played Halo.

Wii - well theres still time I guess, 1-to-1 sword fighting ffs!

PS3 - still waiting..

Favourite console was definitely the Megadrive!
< Message edited by choupolo -- 12 Jul 08 16:02:51 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Consoles you never had... - Jul 13, 2008 00:13
i dont know about you guys but back then I had a playstation my friend had a n64 and thats how I got to play all of the major games back then.. never missed on any major console....

expect the Saturn.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Consoles you never had... - Jul 13, 2008 04:47
The main ones I missed were everything by Sega (my sis had a gamegear though) and the PS1. I was Nintendo only until PS2.

I would have liked an Atari Jaguar, my mate had one and Alliens vs Predator on it was awesome. Shame not much else was.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message