Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 CoD4 Map-Making Contest
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
CoD4 Map-Making Contest - Feb 04, 2008 04:04
LINK

The folks at Infinity Ward are inviting players to create and submit their own custom multiplayer maps for use with call of Duty 4. With the release of the 1.5 Mod Tools patch, PC users will be able to submit their home made maps to the COD4 team who will be choosing their favorites on March 31. From the Infinity ward website:

What' s your dream map? Wide open spaces perfect for sniping, or close quarters combat with plenty of cover to bound back and forth from? Maybe a nice mixture with plenty of avenues to attack from and some perfect choke points you can ambush from with the right amount of team work. Whatever you think makes a good multiplayer map, we want to see it. Most importantly, we want your best work.

An announcement concerning what the " special prizing and opportunities" will be for the winners is expected to come next week. I' m interested in knowing what the " opportunities" will be. A job? Your winning map as downloadable content? We' ll keep you posted as we find out more.

If that' s the one thing the PC community' s got going for it, it' s the mod scene. I personally prefer consoles in part because I like knowing that I can talk to most if not all of the players on my team, but you do miss out on neat stuff like this.

If anybody goes for it, post some screens of the map you submit.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll