Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 COD4 Map pack Hands on
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 43
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
COD4 Map pack Hands on - Mar 18, 2008 15:44
Link

Ill upload the direct feed videos soon
Vx Chemical

RE: COD4 Map pack Hands on - Mar 18, 2008 16:27

Chinatown

The Ravine

Tv Station

Training Level

Ravine looks especially sweet. though China town as well
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: COD4 Map pack Hands on - Mar 18, 2008 17:06
Great, more maps for me to be pwned on!

Looking forward to the TV station, especially with that big TV room from the single player game.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: COD4 Map pack Hands on - Mar 18, 2008 23:29
Agh, you beat me to it! Although you do have the WMVs. All I had was crappy screens.

Who else is buying this map pack day one?
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 18 Mar 08 15:29:40 >
Vx Chemical

RE: COD4 Map pack Hands on - Mar 19, 2008 00:49
Ill be getting it day one i guess, atleast if im playing it that day. i cant wait for more maps, im tired of half the maps there are now
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: COD4 Map pack Hands on - Mar 19, 2008 00:58
I want, I want. I love COD4 but I' ve hated half the maps since I first played them. The game NEEDS new maps. While they' re at it, they should throw " Block" in the trash, it' s the worst map of any FPS fresh in my memory. They couldn' t have made that map more broken. " Showdown" is also worthless. Any map that requires sniping and camping to do well is dog shit.
Vx Chemical

RE: COD4 Map pack Hands on - Mar 19, 2008 01:08
I was about to ask what maps you liked, but i cant remember the names of them :P

I like.

Cargo
Countdown
Vacancy
Crash

I think snipers are the sorriest bunch, and they should be banned from play.
Agent Ghost

RE: COD4 Map pack Hands on - Mar 19, 2008 01:29
I like Wetworks, Bog and Countdown. The rest are average, Block and Showdown are shit as I already mentioned.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 18 Mar 08 17:33:31 >
Ornodeal

RE: COD4 Map pack Hands on - Mar 19, 2008 01:41
Yes I' ll be getting this.

I can' t stand Countdown, full of campers.

Vacancy probably my favourite, and I quite like Showdown, although you do tend to get shot as soon as you spawn.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: COD4 Map pack Hands on - Mar 19, 2008 03:23
Countdown is horrendous. The only spots you' re safe in are bunkers.

I like shipment quite a bit, but obviously it never gets played. Overgrown is one of my favorite FFA/TD maps, backlot gets played a lot when I play, so I' m also quite good there.

I pwn on Vacant, but it' s nowhere near my favorite. There' s no incentive to get streaks, as the helicopter and air strike are both near ineffective.

I think snipers are the sorriest bunch, and they should be banned from play.

No, campers should. There' s a place for people who snipe, change hides, snipe again, and can keep a 2:1+ KD ratio. I like sniping a lot though, so I' m prejudiced.

On the subject, who else here makes an active attempt to work for camos?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: COD4 Map pack Hands on - Mar 19, 2008 08:33
Do I spy new challenges, or are those so old I' ve forgotten about them? (Ravine)

Thanks again for the vids VX! Badass!
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: COD4 Map pack Hands on - Mar 19, 2008 09:19
Camp, snipe, run and gun........it' s all part of CoD4 and there is a way to kill a person regardless of their strategy. I wipe out campers all the time, and if they kill me once, they never kill me again from that spot. I do get annoyed from snipers, because they end my spree' s when I don' t think anyone is around, but hey, it' s the game, and it keeps it interesting. Outsniping snipers with a sub machine gun is fun as hell too.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: COD4 Map pack Hands on - Mar 19, 2008 09:58
I' m one those bastards. I have used almost nothing but the .50 cal ever since I' ve unlocked it. I love the .50 cal deagle combo. You can wip the deagle out so fast and it only takes 2 chest shots to kill with it. I' ve also become 1337 with claymores. I know all of the best spots to put them when I snipe. I usually die less than 5 times and pwn over 15 nubblets each game.
I don' t really have a favorite map, I like playing a variety. The map I like least is the one based on the place that guy got assassinated in int he beginning of the game. It isn' t very good for sniping so I have to break out the M16.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: COD4 Map pack Hands on - Mar 19, 2008 10:02

I have used almost nothing but the .50 cal ever since I' ve unlocked it.

Yes... but do you have the red tiger for it?

...and the M16 and the M4?

Edit: Holy Shit! Chinatown' s a remake of my favorite map from CoD:2! One of the French levels in the original release!
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 19 Mar 08 2:05:08 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: COD4 Map pack Hands on - Mar 19, 2008 10:57
No, I have the blue tiger that you get for 25 headshots, how do I get the red tiger?
I have the gold desert eagle signed by duke nukem.

I have all the skins for the M16, I never use the m4, it is for nubs.
Agent Ghost

RE: COD4 Map pack Hands on - Mar 19, 2008 11:20

Camp, snipe, run and gun........it' s all part of CoD4 and there is a way to kill a person regardless of their strategy.

Yeah I feel the same way, it' s annoying when people bitch about the one strategy or another. I just don' t like maps that are unbalanced, where one strategy prevails all the time.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: COD4 Map pack Hands on - Mar 19, 2008 12:33

Yeah I feel the same way, it' s annoying when people bitch about the one strategy or another. I just don' t like maps that are unbalanced, where one strategy prevails all the time.

I agree with that, and you are right about Block. Not only is it the worst map in CoD4, it is the worst multiplayer map I have played in years.

Bog is my favorite, mostly because I just seem to do well on it no matter what. I have yet to not place first on it.
Ornodeal

RE: COD4 Map pack Hands on - Mar 19, 2008 16:34
I quite like bog too, for some reason most games I' m in though try to skip it.

There is a difference between sniping, defending a position and camping. I' ve got a huge respect for the former because it takes skill, the middle is just good military sense, the latter is just cowardly - hanging around in a corner with an automatic weapon just hoping someone will pass; while it is a legitimate gaming strategy it is just sad.

I was in a game recently with one camper, he knew his maps and his camping spots so he won a couple of games and was giving it a bit abuse. Then a guy beat him in one game, so he just left the group to sulk - what a loser.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: COD4 Map pack Hands on - Mar 19, 2008 23:35

No, I have the blue tiger that you get for 25 headshots, how do I get the red tiger?
I have the gold desert eagle signed by duke nukem.

Red Tiger is at 150 headshots.

I don' t prefer the M4 (M16 with a can, or a red dot), but I' m looking to get all the assault rifle headshots. (the G3' s an absolute bitch).
Agent Ghost

RE: COD4 Map pack Hands on - Mar 20, 2008 05:51

the G3' s an absolute bitch

That' s one of the easiest, the accuracy is good with that gun. The real bitch is with the AK and the GC whatever.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 43

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message