Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA?
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 71
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA? - Jul 18, 2007 08:19
To me Shenmue is a masterpiece, or it would be if the game story was actually finished. It has the makings of a masterpiece series. I don' t give a shit what reviewers and other players say. They can lick rotten pussy and burn in hell for all I care. They mean nothing to me.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA? - Jul 18, 2007 13:34
Why don' t you dispense with the diplomacy and tell us how you really feel?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA? - Jul 18, 2007 14:09
OK.
alimn

• Total Posts : 145
RE: CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA? - Jul 23, 2007 00:01
I' m still searching for any news about Yu Suzuki!
SO wasn' t at China Joy! this means no release for SO after waiting for years?
Why these things happen to YS games?(PSY-PHI, SO and Shenmue 3?)

BTW,lol! look at SEGA BLOGS!
before Shenmue fans come and start to post their comments about
" How much they love Shenmue and why they need Shenmue 3!"
their blogs were completely silent(almost dead!),
most of their blogs didn' t have more than 3 or 4 posts!

but since july 17, Shenmue fans have started to make their blogs " Really Active!"
in july 17 we asked from fans to come and post their comments at their E3 blog which had a Shenmue discussion potential, for example: we could post
" we liked to see Shenmue 3 at E3 2007! Why you don' t announce 3?"
& similar things

" 233" comments in just a few days ! and 99% for Shenmue! is a record!

SEGA should understand that the amount of Shenmue fans in 2007
in comparing with 2003 is much more!

Why? because during last years we have made our friends to play and love
Shenmue and feel why we want S3!, we should also consider,
that not all Shenmue fans are active over the internet for Shenmue!

YOU SEE SEGA! your most wanted game now is only SHENMUE 3!
announce it and then release it, this won' t be a mistake!

Regards-Alimn
< Message edited by alimn -- 22 Jul 07 21:35:14 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA? - Jul 23, 2007 00:33
I doubt a couple of die hard fans will convince Sega to invest millions of dollars on a new Shenmue.
alimn

RE: CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA? - Jul 23, 2007 02:19
Well, It' s not a couple, and many of them are only SEGA costumers.
they have just finished the first two games and they love to see the third one.
and maybe they have heard that Shenmue is a great game, so they
need to play a Shenmue!(new fans?)

We have not even posted about SEGA blogs in IGN and Game Spot!
these are only SEGA costumers which need to see a sequel to
one of the TOP ALL TIME titles.

here is a simple example:
last year I gave my Xbox and DC to two of my friends for a few days
(because they just buy PS systems) & I asked from them to complete Shenmue 2!
they finished it and now they are ready to buy Shenmue 3 with any price
and on any console,

We should also consider that most of the Shenmue fans are not active
over the internet for Shenmue & other video games.
(my friends have not signed that 44000 sig petition yet,
my friends are not forum members...but they play games
and they are ready to buy a great game like Shenmue 3 for their new systems)

Anyway, as a die hard fan if SEGA decide to release Shenmue 3 on
all three platforms, I will buy all three versions.(although I don' t
have a Wii or PS3 yet)

SEGA should understand that making Shenmue 3
(instead of wasting 25 million dollars for an unreleased Chinese MMO)
is much better.

they don' t need to have voice for all characters.(text is enough)
they don' t need to make musics for all rooms, stores and etc.
they don' t need to have too many NPC characters with HIGH details.

They just need a cinematic game, with enough action and great story.
(which Shenmue already has a great story)

I bet if SEGA makes a new POLL!on SEGA.com
99% of the people will chose Shenmue,
simply it' s the most SEGA wanted game because it was a masterpiece
and it was a head of it' s time! also Ryo is still in that CAVE!
so, the story goes on...(one of the titles which made
Suzuki a HALL OF FAME winner is Shenmue)

Shenmue is not a game, it' s an exprience.

Regards-Alimn
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA? - Jul 23, 2007 05:24

it seems like the man is being punished for Shenmue selling less than expected. While Sega should blame themselves partly for it.

He should recieve all the blame, since he made it and the game sucked ass.

It wasn' t sega' s fault at all, they gave him the money to make it and they marketed it properly, it' s just that it sucked and no one bought it because of that.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA? - Jul 23, 2007 05:32
The game didn' t suck,ever heard of something consider an cult? or a classick?
alot of artist in the history who died poor and thgen was considered genius after their deaths or by some people during their lifetimes.

Shenmue happend to be a game that didn' t work with the mainstream who couldn' t accept that the game was about a story created in a movie like enviorment.

Instead you had a lot of retards who felt impatient and doesnt bother about stories or characters and felt like doing something non-stop and became angry.

These people shouldn' t have gotten Shenmue and they should stay away from awesome titles like Dreamfall instead of buying it and then whine like a fucking noob.
alimn

RE: CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA? - Jul 23, 2007 05:32
& here is a fact:
SEGA are not good at marketing.

Regards-Alimn
< Message edited by alimn -- 22 Jul 07 21:34:20 >
emofag

RE: CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA? - Jul 23, 2007 06:01

ORIGINAL: alimn

& here is a fact:
SEGA are not good at marketing.

Regards-Alimn

Shenmue was one of the most hyped games of its time, it just sucked thats why it didn' t sell.
< Message edited by emofag -- 22 Jul 07 22:08:02 >
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA? - Jul 23, 2007 06:06
EDIT: (Found better example than bible)

And Enter the Matrix is totally awesome, cos' it sold so well.

And of course Shadow of the Colossus sucks big hairy balls, cause it didn' t sell well.
< Message edited by Evilkiller -- 22 Jul 07 23:09:31 >
emofag

RE: CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA? - Jul 23, 2007 06:10
The bible is used by most people as reference, like a dictionary or encyclopedia is used. Therefor it can' t be good or bad, it' s just reference.
< Message edited by emofag -- 22 Jul 07 22:10:31 >
emofag

RE: CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA? - Jul 23, 2007 06:13
Shadow of the colossus had no hype and minor marketing. Matrix online sells well because of the name, there is alot of matrix nuts out there.

What' s your point?
Evilkiller

RE: CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA? - Jul 23, 2007 06:13

ORIGINAL: emofag

The bible is used by most people as reference, like a dictionary or encyclopedia is used. Therefor it can' t be good or bad, it' s just reference.

So Shenmue is reference then, eh? Like reference as how a fantastic story, a lively world and awesome gameplay are supposed to be implemented in a video game?
emofag

RE: CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA? - Jul 23, 2007 06:15
Why would shenmue be reference? Do you speak English? Are you retarded?

Shenmue is a failed experiment, nothing more nothing less.
< Message edited by emofag -- 22 Jul 07 22:16:16 >
Evilkiller

RE: CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA? - Jul 23, 2007 06:19
I already gave my examples. Even sites that didn' t give Shenmue good scores noted those things I said - so why can' t you? Could it be that - dramatic pause - it' s cause you are blinded by your hate?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA? - Jul 23, 2007 06:20
Shenmue is a shining example of a flawed masterpeice. While some people love it a little too much, and some people hated the slow pace it was quite the game that shouldnt be underestimated.
emofag

RE: CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA? - Jul 23, 2007 06:23

ORIGINAL: Evilkiller

I already gave my examples. Even sites that didn' t give Shenmue good scores noted those things I said - so why can' t you? Could it be that - dramatic pause - it' s cause you are blinded by your hate?

What things?

Everything you said is wrong. The story was ass, the gameplay was non existent, the world was extremely limited and boring.

Any place that gave shenmue bad (or I should say, realistic) scores will tell you this.
< Message edited by emofag -- 22 Jul 07 22:24:20 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA? - Jul 23, 2007 06:25
Enough of your bullshit fag.
Evilkiller

RE: CJ 2007: Is Shenmue Online finally dead? Should Suzuki remain at SEGA? - Jul 23, 2007 07:41
Yeah, very boring and limited - MY ASS.

Look at todays games - look at any RPG or sandbox game and what will you see? NPCs standing around or walking some path up and down. Shenmue was totally different in that aspect, as NPCs had at least some kind of daily routine. So how can you call that " boring and limited" compared to like ANY other game out there?

As for the storyline I agree that the basic premise was not that interesting (Son wants to avenge fathers death - buuuh) but well it got better every second and, as with any good story, you had a wonderful cast of characters that really brought the story to life. And those wonderful characters are what made the story fantastic.

Oh and the gameplay. I found the fighting to be very well done. Especially some enemies in the second game have been really challenging and, compared to the very well done fighting system, created a really fun experience. And it should also be noted that Shenmue was one of the first games to incorporate QTE in a way that it worked in the game (And not just some movie where you have to press the right button every five minutes to continue like with the Dragon' s Lair series). I can agree though, that, for some people, having to question people might be annoying, but I seriously dont have a problem with the slow pace of the game resulting from this as it makes it easier to appreciate the beauty and attention to detail of the game.

And now, as Quez already said, why don' t you go and pray a bit at your sony worship shrine instead of getting on my nerves with your pointless hating of this fantastic video game series.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 71

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message