Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Bungie game details soon
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Bungie game details soon - Apr 28, 2008 18:49

Bungie will be bouncing back with a few games of its own, too. We should see the first fruits of its efforts very soon.

" Meanwhile, we' re damn busy ourselves with a variety of projects under way within the studio including one that you' ll be hearing more about in the very near future. Now that we control our own destiny we also have other longer term, top secret plans afoot. The wait for that may be a tad longer though," said O' Connor.

Link
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Bungie game details soon - Apr 28, 2008 22:05
Holy shit!

An announcement of an announcement!
Vx Chemical

RE: Bungie game details soon - Apr 29, 2008 04:08

An announcement of an announcement!

Yeah its impressive stuff

I figured it' d be a year or two before anyone heard anything from Bungie, so i reckon id share the news, that it be sooner rahter than later!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Bungie game details soon - Apr 29, 2008 05:09
Good news, but I won' t get excited until I see palatable gameplay videos, or some amazing screens.
Nitro

RE: Bungie game details soon - Apr 29, 2008 05:13
They' re not doing Halo and all their other games have been shit, so I don' t really care too much right now. The past 2 Halo games have been seriously disappointing too, with only the funky theatre mode in 3 impressing. Gears has taken Halos place and Killzone is going to make Bungies last effort look like an N64 game.

I' m not even interested in what Bizarre are up to after The Club.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Bungie game details soon - Apr 29, 2008 05:19
I was very happy with Halo 3 although I do agree Gears is the new Halo. Killzone can suck my balls after the first travesty of a game. They have a lot to prove and their small in-engine trailer isn' t enough for me to currently give two shits.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Bungie game details soon - Apr 29, 2008 05:22
right on Nitro! Halo 1 was epic. they' ll never produce nothing as groundbreaking again..

Gears of war? meh.... basic and already dated gameplay imo.. the only shooters im looking forward to are Farcry 2 and ids rage engine game..
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 28 Apr 08 21:31:50 >
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Bungie game details soon - Apr 29, 2008 05:38

ids rage engine game..

Wait for it...................................................................................

Agreed!!!!!!

Great concept for a game, but yet again, I just hope that they can put it all together. Halo: Combat Evolved blew me away when it came out. Halo 2 was just a rushed pile of shit, and Halo 3 tried so very hard to be Combat Evolved but ended up short.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Bungie game details soon - Apr 29, 2008 05:44
Wait... you two agree on something. Find a bunker people! The end is near!
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Bungie game details soon - Apr 29, 2008 05:58

Wait... you two agree on something. Find a bunker people! The end is near!

Funny how life works huh?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Bungie game details soon - Apr 29, 2008 06:22
I bash Halo quite a bit, but the one thing that should become industry standard in console multiplayer is their theater features. I hate having an amazing match, and then having to rely on my honor to show people how badass I was.
Vx Chemical

RE: Bungie game details soon - Apr 29, 2008 14:28
Actually!

Myth 1 was great

Myth 2 was good

Oni was decent

Halo 1 was great

Halo 2 was good

Halo 3 was good

I dont think they ever made a really bad game, sure hype made Halo somewhat greater than it was but it was never bad, it was actually great fun.

Saying Bungie wont preduce another hit is plain stupid, if MS pumps up the marketing for Bungies next project, its going to be a hit
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Bungie game details soon - Apr 29, 2008 16:15
I thought:

Halo 1 - Lengendary greatness

Halo 2 - Good, but not really that awesome. For the enourmous budget it had it should have been way better. It had a lot of really good things in it though.

Halo 3 - Awesome. Really good and balanced multiplayer. Loads of awesome features. Single player was fairly good but could have been a lot better.

It is really hard not to make a good game with the huge budgets like they had.

I have no idea what they' re working on but I know they have some great talent over there. I don' t really know what to expect from them.
Nitro

RE: Bungie game details soon - Apr 29, 2008 21:53
Halo is Halo... and the series has been big for Bungie and Microsoft...

The first game was pretty groundbreaking for videogames in general, nevermind console games, but both sequels should have done more. As far as i' m concerned Halo 2 and Halo 3 have been big disappointments. The multiplayer modes have been the real meat of the games, but even those aren' t for everybody.

Half Life 2 changed the genre as far as i' m concerned. Everything else since that hasn' t brought anything new to the table or hasn' t really excelled in a specific area, ...especially games like Halo 2 with insane budgets... they' ve just left me frustrated by all of the wasted potential.

Halo 3 specifically is almost technically laughable. All they had to do was license UE3.0 and it would have looked fantastic. But they didn' t and it ended up looking like Halo 2 in HD. The lack of gameplay innovation and the weak (yes weak) storyline coupled with the now dumb AI (it was great in the original game) made the game look like a second tier title compared to Crysis.

The theatre mode however is remarkable and is the most impressive thing about it. Sure the multiplayer is pretty kickass, but y' know... Call of Duty says hi!

I don' t really want another Halo. Not if they' re just going to pump out the same shit they' ve been making since 2001. Halo 3 should have been as far removed from Halo as Crysis is from Far Cry... and it wasn' t.

Killzone 2 is going to be the next big console FPS and now that Sony own the IP i can' t see it failing. The art direction alone makes it more compelling than the idea of another Halo game, and the gameplay demonstrations have looked breathtaking, even when compared to games like Far Cry 2 or Crysis.
Vx Chemical

RE: Bungie game details soon - Apr 29, 2008 22:01

The art direction alone makes it more compelling than the idea of another Halo game, and the gameplay demonstrations have looked breathtaking, even when compared to games like Far Cry 2 or Crysis.

Im sorry, but have you seen some video that takes it a part from other shooters? sure it has bells and whistels but its looks pretty much like a straight shooter like Resistance, just prettier.

I agree Halo hasnt approved much if at all, but its been decent fun to play.

In anycase Valve makes the best shooters, even though the engine might not be up to par Episode 2 is a masterpiece!
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Bungie game details soon - May 01, 2008 05:25
I want more halo, just not from Bungie. I want a no name studio to do it with Bungie' s budget.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll