Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word.
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 84
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 28, 2009 11:48
Stfu fagwin.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 30, 2009 12:43
Liar, yu aren't a vegetarian and you don't have a girlfriend.
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 31, 2009 03:36
If that was a subtle hint about your XBL game and Flytrap, you'll have to bear with me :p I've been working past midnight all week. Been to the frontpage recently?
locopuyo

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 31, 2009 04:59
Edwin

If that was a subtle hint about your XBL game and Flytrap, you'll have to bear with me :p I've been working past midnight all week. Been to the frontpage recently?

yep

Edwin

Hope my girlfriend isn't reading this. She's vegan. She out-ranks me, in other words.

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 31, 2009 08:04
Nice to see kikizo got a new name, one that makes sense and might stick in peoples heads. Also I like the fpsgamer spin-off site, too. Adam, you did good, old bean. And edwin, your new picture makes my heart race:

emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 31, 2009 14:31
why are the forums still called kikizo
Edwin

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 31, 2009 14:40
Before anybody asks Adam did that picture - I'm not quite as narcissistic as that... ;)

Glad you like the new network, dan. The forums are still being updated as per Adam's last post in the "Kikizo future" thread. All feedback welcome. Thanks for hanging with us over the past few months.

Fear not, loco - I'll blog LOLRunner next week.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 31, 2009 20:12
Adam likes run-of-the-mill monochromatic games with Space Marines?
locopuyo

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 31, 2009 21:53
Edwin

Before anybody asks Adam did that picture - I'm not quite as narcissistic as that... ;)

Glad you like the new network, dan. The forums are still being updated as per Adam's last post in the "Kikizo future" thread. All feedback welcome. Thanks for hanging with us over the past few months.

Fear not, loco - I'll blog LOLRunner next week.

Are you really a vegetarian?

Edwin

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Nov 01, 2009 04:13
Yes. And my girlfriend's vegan. Not everything I write on Flytrap is complete cobblers :p
Joe Redifer

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Nov 01, 2009 05:32
Do you watch movies or look at pictures that were taken on film?  Film = gelatin emulsion which = animal byproducts.  If you watch movies or look at pictures you are MURDERING poor, defenseless animals who only want to be loved.  :(
Edwin

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Nov 01, 2009 10:07
And by brushing my teeth last night I murdered millions upon millions of poor, defenseless bacteria. By waking up this morning, having breakfast and getting on with my life rather than starving myself to death I'm diverting land, oxygen, water and food from hundreds of living creatures. :(

I'm not sure it's possible to exist without killing something, directly or indirectly, especially in these globalised times when any given product is likely to consist of parts from several sources in several countries, each with their own ethical code or lack thereof. The best you can do (not that I'm doing my "best", I admit) is minimise the damage you inflict.
Thanks for the heads-up on gelatin and film-making. Just had a quick look on Wikipedia and there don't seem to be any effective substitutes. DVD cam all the way?

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Nov 01, 2009 19:50
The new look is great and the name should be more marketable.
Joe Redifer

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Nov 01, 2009 21:03
Edwin, what if the movie was shot on film?  You will be enjoying a movie that caused many animal deaths, thereby directly supporting and encouraging animal murder.  Animals only want to be our friends and to be hugged, not murdered.
Edwin

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Nov 01, 2009 23:51
Cheers, Ghost. Will any of you people be making your comments thread debuts soon, or are you too l33t to mingle with the frequent fliers on the frontpage? :p

Joe - is it me, or did you just repeat your previous post with a few words switched around?
Joe Redifer

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Nov 02, 2009 00:29
No, I responded to your assessment that you'll have to download/pirate the movies, but that won't stop the movies themselves from having been originated on film.  So the ONLY way to make the animals happy is to avoid 85% of new movies and ALL old movies.
Edwin

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Nov 02, 2009 00:50
But I didn't say anything about downloading or pirating movies getting round the gelatin issue totally - I accept the point that in watching most movies I'm bringing about animal deaths, however indirectly. Hopefully DVD cam will become the industry standard sooner rather than later.

Again, "pure" vegetarianism - living without causing any harm to animals whatsoever - seems to me an unworkable ideal. In choosing not to eat meat, however, I *am* sparing a number of living creatures from what is arguably a needless death. It's not an unshakeable ethical position, but what is?
Joe Redifer

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Nov 02, 2009 02:22
I guess I don't know what you mean by "DVD cam".  "Cam" is a word for how the movie was pirated, by a camcorder.  Then I assume you burned it to DVD.  Real theaters to not use DVD players to present movies, and movies are not shot on camcorders direct-to-DVD even when shot digitally.

As for being vegetarian to spare animal lives, WGAF?  They're just animals.  If you are doing it because it makes you feel healthier, then more power to ya!
<message edited by Joe Redifer on Nov 02, 2009 02:24>
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Nov 02, 2009 03:29
Is killing animals wrong in the first place?  We could argue about the ethics (not to be confused with morality) all day, my feelings has always been that i don't give a fuck about animals.  But I can recognize that if there are such a thing as objective ethics then they would have nothing to do with my emotions.  I always say emotions are fallible, they never describe truth.  In the back of my mind I've been trying to justify my position ethically. 

I've never felt as though humanity had any sort of intrinsic responsibility towards preserving life, not that its even possible anyways.  Preserving life, more like delaying death.  With humans I get it.  Killing people is accepted as being wrong out of self interest.  We don't want to be killed so we've agreed that killing is wrong.  Some of us also care about other humans.  So if someone kills my friend I'm a victim.

If I kill someone that no one knows, and no one knew about the murder.  Is there a victim?  Can someone be dead and still be a victim?  Think about it. 

When we kill animals, they don't know they're on the chopping blocks until a few seconds before we axe them.  No human should feel threatened when we kill other animals for food.  Once they're dead they are no longer victims.  Death relieves you of the victim status.  Otherwise we'd have an endless list of victims.  The word would lose meaning.

That being said it goes without saying that a person has every right to be a vegetarian if they wish.  I just think the animal right argument is very weak.  You won't convince many people with that one.  The better argument against meat is the health reasons.  When you look at the hormones and shit they pump into the meat it can make your stomach turn.  Another thing is the environmental conserns.  People are talking about cutting vehicle emissions but the methane cows fart into the air is just as bad.

http://animals.howstuffworks.com/mammals/methane-cow.htm

The other big consideration is economics.  If we didn't subsidize meat, we would have no meat.  When you back up and look at how we have huge crops just to feed our food, its pretty laughable. The inefficiency is insulting when a billion people are starving.

But I'm a selfish bastard so I'll still eat my steak.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Nov 02, 2009 05:39
While I fully support eating meat, I don't support animal cruelty, and I don't consider killing an animal to eat it as cruelty unless its a drawn out painful. I can't really explain it, but dead people or watching people suffer doesn't bother me, but hurt a kitten and I go into rage mode.
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 84

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message