Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Blatant Racism
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 29
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
Blatant Racism - Apr 21, 2008 13:18
Ok, so I' m driving home from work a few minutes ago and this big blue Suburban pulls up next to me. The passenger side window rolls down and a large, bearded caucasian gentleman of southern decent and obviously low intelligence (a.k.a. redneck) screams " WHITE POWER!" laughs, then rolls up his window.

Now, in my 32 years of life this is the first blatantly racist thing that has ever happened to me. There' s always the subtle things, but never anything overtly hateful. This was my reaction:

At first there was the initial shock. " omg, did he just scream at me??"

Then there was a brief panic of fear. Images of KKK lynchings, etc. I grew up in Memphis (we shot Dr. King) and now I live in a suburb in Mississippi( the KKK still publishes a newsletter in this state), so it wasn' t hard for my mind to conjure up all kinds of horrendous situations.

I got away from the trucks a quickly as I could as soon as the light changed, then took a sidestreet, constantly checking my rearview to see if they followed.

Then, logic set in. I realized how impossible it would be for them to actually get me in my car. I calmed down pretty quickly after that.

Now, I' m not really sure how I feel. I know (I hope) that idiots like that are a rarity, but still, they' re out there.

The stupid thing is, he was taking a huge risk just by saying that. It' s almost 11pm, and I was just outside Memphis. People get shot for less around here. I don' t have a gun, but how did he know that? Hell, I' m not even the " gangsta" type but I know where I could get a gun right now, in less than half an hour.

It' s like some people enjoy being the cancer of society, just waiting for somebody to extract them.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else had ever experienced something like that. If so, how' d you react?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Blatant Racism - Apr 21, 2008 14:02
Some people just like to let everyone else know that they are retards. That' s what that guy was doing to you. There was no way he was going to have you drive away without knowing of his limited mental capacity. Anyway, it was racist and most of all, stupid.

In fact it was stupid on many different levels. First, obviously, is the whole " white power" comment. Secondly, like you alluded to, he could have been shot in the face on the spot. He likely thinks that all black people are criminals and likely have guns and are prone to violence, but even his bigoted mind doesn' t think of this. He' s a failure even at being a racist. Thirdly you could have reported harassment to the police based on the license plate of the vehicle, assuming that the po po in where you are isn' t racist themselves.

Anyway you likely did the right thing by distancing yourself as I here that stupidity can be contagious. If I were in the same situation and was in the right frame of mind, I might have laughed back at him and/or said something like " Asian power!" or some other enthnicity that I was clearly not part of. He would have been confused for days. Just know that he' ll probably die soon in a meth lab explosion.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 21 Apr 08 6:04:24 >
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Blatant Racism - Apr 21, 2008 14:03
Well, I did a couple of weeks ago on the phone. I was having a phone interview for a job and when they asked me what language I spoke, I said English and Spanish. They then asked me my nationality (which is illegal in California btw) but I thought, what the heck. Once I said I was Spanish, they said they were not interested in Latino' s and close the phone.

Now, Latino really means those who speak a language derived from Latin. However, it seems in the United States, is synonym with " illegal immigrant" or something along the lines. Funny part is, they consider us Spaniards to be part of Latin America as well, since in applications I don' t classify as caucasian (I still check that I am caucasian, because it is the true)

Suffice to say, yeah it sucks. But there are stupid and uneducated people out there and there is nothing we can really do about it.
< Message edited by chimura -- 21 Apr 08 6:05:24 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Blatant Racism - Apr 21, 2008 14:19

. Once I said I was Spanish

Maybe next time you should say your European instead! Though it shouldnt be necesary!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Blatant Racism - Apr 21, 2008 14:32
I laughed so hard my stomach hurt after reading that first paragraph.

I' m totally against racism. I just get the epic lulz whenever I see/hear/read about hicks.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Blatant Racism - Apr 21, 2008 22:08
White power! I wake up every morning and thank God I' m white.

Seriously though (even though that was serious), what' s wrong with saying " white power" ? I mean, if the guy did something aggressive to back it up, sure that' d be f*cked up. I' m not a fan of the redneck type nor the KKK. Florida is full of them and in college I lived in Davie, FL, which happens to be one of the last KKK strongholds in the country. The teens would have their rallies in the apartment parking lot at like 3 in the morning and we' d consistently call the cops on them. Still, the comment " white power" means nothing on its own. My friends and I say it all the time (though without any derogatory meaning to other races, and mainly cause it sounds funny).

Regardless you probably did the right thing to get away from the guy. Probably didn' t have to but better safe than sorry.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Blatant Racism - Apr 22, 2008 00:23
We get a lot of white trash around here; mainly folks that moved out of Detroit after the riots because they felt they were being " invaded" by blacks. They cluster together in the ghettos. No real activity to speak of, but you can' t walk down a single street without hearing a racist joke, or seeing a Confederate flag, which I guess is a little odd for being this far north.

Doesn' t help we' ve got the American Nazi Party relocating to Detroit, to get to " the heart of the problem" .
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Blatant Racism - Apr 22, 2008 00:27

Doesn' t help we' ve got the American Nazi Party relocating to Detroit,

American Nazi party!!???? [:' (][:' (]
< Message edited by Duffman -- 21 Apr 08 16:28:37 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Blatant Racism - Apr 22, 2008 00:32

White power! I wake up every morning and thank God I' m white.

Seriously though (even though that was serious), what' s wrong with saying " white power" ? I mean, if the guy did something aggressive to back it up, sure that' d be f*cked up. I' m not a fan of the redneck type nor the KKK. Florida is full of them and in college I lived in Davie, FL, which happens to be one of the last KKK strongholds in the country. The teens would have their rallies in the apartment parking lot at like 3 in the morning and we' d consistently call the cops on them. Still, the comment " white power" means nothing on its own. My friends and I say it all the time (though without any derogatory meaning to other races, and mainly cause it sounds funny).

Regardless you probably did the right thing to get away from the guy. Probably didn' t have to but better safe than sorry.

I used to joke around and say " white power" too, but it' s especially funny coming from me because I' m not caucasian/' white'
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Blatant Racism - Apr 22, 2008 00:35

American Nazi party!!???? [:' (][:' (]

Yeah dude, here in America, we have to be tolerant of every ideology, even the ones that aren' t tolerant of people' s ideologies.

I used to joke around and say " white power" too, but it' s especially funny coming from me because I' m not caucasian/' white'

I still shout Panther Power.

What ethnicity are you?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Blatant Racism - Apr 22, 2008 00:45

quote:

American Nazi party!!????

Yeah dude, here in America, we have to be tolerant of every ideology, even the ones that aren' t tolerant of people' s ideologies.

quote:

I still shout Panther Power.

What ethnicity are you?

From a distance I look like an odd-looking African-American dude, but once people interact with me up close they have no bloody idea what the " frak" I y' am . Funny but true. Technically I' m an islander, from the Carribean.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 21 Apr 08 16:46:01 >
Rampage99

RE: Blatant Racism - Apr 22, 2008 00:45

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Lol, that' s awesome!
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Blatant Racism - Apr 22, 2008 02:45
That Dave Chappelle skit is so awesome.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Blatant Racism - Apr 22, 2008 10:31
I hope those red necks fuck with the wrong guy. They have a tendancy to do that.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=_izd39hq198
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Blatant Racism - Apr 22, 2008 15:56

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

Still, the comment " white power" means nothing on its own.

In the middle of the night coming from a SUV full of white guys ( I don' t know how full, I only saw the driver and the passenger) towards a black guy sitting alone in his car...yeah, it does have meaning.

The guy more than likely just thought it was funny. If I knew the guy, I probably would have thought it was funny too. If we were in a public place like a mall, or a bar, I would have laughed it off pretty quickly.

But this was a complete stranger.

In the middle of the night.

On a dark, nearly abandoned road.

Not f*cking funny.
< Message edited by nekkid_monkey -- 22 Apr 08 7:59:28 >
Rampage99

RE: Blatant Racism - Apr 22, 2008 23:17
It' s what you make of it.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Blatant Racism - Apr 23, 2008 00:03

It' s what you make of it.

Saying stupid shit like that around me would get your head caved in. Regardless of how you perceive it, you know it' s a phrase made popular by white supremacists and so shouldn' t use it. Seriously, i' d break your face.
Rampage99

RE: Blatant Racism - Apr 23, 2008 00:06
Oh please...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Blatant Racism - Apr 23, 2008 03:30

Oh please...

You don' t see what i' m getting at?
< Message edited by nitro -- 22 Apr 08 19:38:46 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 29