Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Batman Begins DVD War
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
Batman Begins DVD War - Oct 19, 2005 06:31
This really pissed me off.

Scenario:

I went to Circuit City and bought the collectors edition and received the Free Collectible Lithograph that was exclusive to CC. Ok, so I was all happy and everything and went to Barnes and Nobles and read the comic book that came with it. Also, had a reesie peanut butter cup cookie and hot chocolate. Which was really good that I didn' t even finish off the cookie. So, I had to goto Best Buy and as I walked in and noticed the stand of BB dvds. I saw that thier collectors edition had a holographic cover on it. I was like wth? Those punks. How dare they make exclusive deals on my favorite movie! If I had known that, I would have bought it at CC and got the lithogram. Then, returned it and kept the lithogram. After that, gone to BB and bought the holographic collectors edition. I really was tempted to go ahead and buy the one at BB too but, I' m having to move so it will have to wait for now at least. I know it may sound ridiculus, but I' m a fanboy of this movie. Oh, for those of you that bought the collectors edition, wise choice!

P.S. I do plan on buying the Minature Batman Begins Cowl that' s like $95.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Batman Begins DVD War - Oct 24, 2005 17:33
I bought the bare-bones $14 Batman Begins. Let me tell you my saga:

-I don' t see many movies in the theater anymore since I am no longer involved with that industry, so I missed Batman Begins when it came out.

-A couple of months ago I ILLEGALLY PIRATED the movie from the internet and watched it through my Xbox while the file remained on my PC. The ILLEGALLY PIRATED version had full 5.1 AC3 (Dolby Digital) audio and it sounded fantastic. I liked the movie so much that I decided I would buy it. So piracy helped sell another copy of the movie.

-I watched the DVD and the sound mix doesn' t seem quite as nice as the ILLEGALLY PIRATED version. The DVD seems to have too much treble, to put it simply. Perhaps the ILLEGALLY PIRATED version was the theatrical mix. I' ll have to listen to the DVD again to be sure because I had a slight headache when I watched it so that made me more sensitive to higher frequencies, so it may all be in my puny little criminal mind.

-The end.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Batman Begins DVD War - Oct 24, 2005 19:43
So you are obviously againts ILLEGALLY PIRATING movies right?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll