Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Batman Arkham Asylum GI Preview
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Batman Arkham Asylum GI Preview - Aug 16, 2008 23:16
I'll scan the pages later but right now I must say this is the first batman I've wanted to play in a very very long time.
Few quick notes:
Publisher:Eidos
Developer: Rocksteady Studios (last game was Urban Chaos for PS2/Xbox)
Consoles: PS3, 360, PC
Release:2009

An open world game limited to the island of Arkham Asylum, however described as more Chronicles of Riddik game rather the Spider-Man. Features many many supervillians from the comic books (Killer Croc is fuckn massive looking). Main villian is Joker. The game is a standalone story borrowing from the large comic book history. Written by Paul Dini (Batman The Animated Series, Detective Comics). Characters designed by Wildstorm (company founded by famed artist Jim Lee).

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Batman Arkham Asylum GI Preview - Aug 17, 2008 04:44

Publisher:Eidos

The publisher and the developer say everything about the title.

I could submit an interactive rice counting simulator, and GI would rave about it in their previews section.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Batman Arkham Asylum GI Preview - Aug 17, 2008 08:05
Yeah i agree.

Eidos sold their credability a long time ago. As for the dev, i never heard of them, im sure the game is developed  with good intentions, but the publisher hasnt got the cash to make it a succes.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Batman Arkham Asylum GI Preview - Aug 17, 2008 13:28
Yeah, but who would have thought that Free Radical and Factor 5 would be responsible for two of the worst games of the generation!?

Eidos has had it's problems, but Tomb Raider Underworld and Arkham Asylum could pull them out of the rut they've got themselves stuck in. Tomb Raider is guaranteed awesomeness, and Urban Chaos was fairly cool at the time. Plus Arkham doesn't looks so bad...

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Batman Arkham Asylum GI Preview - Aug 17, 2008 15:23
The screens really do remind me of Riddick. Though I would prefer if batmans suit was all black, not grey. But hey, thats just nitpicking.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
Re:Batman Arkham Asylum GI Preview - Aug 17, 2008 18:17
Eidos still is a good publisher.
Tomb Raider Underworld will put this company back to huge success.
As for this batman game, i just hope it's not just not a game made to ride on the success of The Dark Night movie.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Batman Arkham Asylum GI Preview - Aug 17, 2008 18:45
Yeah, but who would have thought that Free Radical and Factor 5 wouldbe responsible for two of the worst games of the generation!?
Well, it looks lurvely, there's no doubt about that, but so did Haze and Lair.

I'll give it a fighting chance though, as I do still rather like Eidos, even with their somewhat lackluster performance. Hitman, Tomb Raider and Timesplitters have always been concepts simply too cool to let me throw them to the dogs.

Lair and Haze

Had Factor 5 been given more time, and more freedom in choice of control scheme, Lair would have been fantastic, I have no doubts.

Free Radical has no excuse whatsoever. Future perfect was solid, but that was four odd years ago, and developed on (now) seven or eight year old hardware.

It's odd, because the game suffered from all the stereotypical birthing pangs of a next-gen launch title... three years into it's lifespan.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
Re:Batman Arkham Asylum GI Preview - Aug 18, 2008 01:38
Damn in every Joker screenshot i imagine him saying: "Why so serious?" then he tells yet another story iteration of how he got such a big mouth.

So far the graphics look very good to me. Need to see a gameplay video to check the graphics in motion and gameplay ofcourse.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Batman Arkham Asylum GI Preview - Aug 18, 2008 20:53
GrayFox

Damn in every Joker screenshot i imagine him saying: "Why so serious?" then he tells yet another story iteration of how he got such a big mouth.

So far the graphics look very good to me. Need to see a gameplay video to check the graphics in motion and gameplay ofcourse.

Yeah, I wonder if Ledger will voice for this this game....

Ok, that was terrible, but I found it funny at the time.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Batman Arkham Asylum GI Preview - Aug 18, 2008 21:10
No. I wouldn't say terrible. This on the other hand...

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Batman Arkham Asylum GI Preview - Aug 18, 2008 22:16

You know, I thought his performance in the Dark Knight was so good that I would forget he was ever a gay cowboy. I was wrong.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Batman Arkham Asylum GI Preview - Aug 18, 2008 23:00
lol eddie

Now I understand why they made Broke Back Mountain, it was all for that joke.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Batman Arkham Asylum GI Preview - Aug 19, 2008 00:20
Have you guys seen Brokeback Mountain?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Batman Arkham Asylum GI Preview - Aug 19, 2008 00:31
I haven't, these relationship drama movies don't interest me in the slightest.  I don't even care that it's two men, these types of movies are all gay. 
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Batman Arkham Asylum GI Preview - Aug 19, 2008 00:38
I watched the first 15 min. of it, but I didn't even know it was about two gay guys, I remember seeing previews making it sound like a romance movie, but I assumed it was straight. I still didn't know it was about gays until I heard someone making a joke about it.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:Batman Arkham Asylum GI Preview - Aug 19, 2008 02:36
I'm with Agent on this one.  I don't care that it's about gay cowboys, I just have no interest in seeing something where shit isn't blowing up!

Relationship movies are gay, unless there's comedy.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll