Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Banjo Kazooie vids
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Banjo Kazooie vids - Jul 10, 2008 02:41
Its looking gorgeous ....

IGN
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Banjo Kazooie vids - Jul 10, 2008 02:54
I think its ugly. Though it might be the style, everything is boxy! also the framerate makes me cry
2pac

RE: Banjo Kazooie vids - Jul 10, 2008 03:13

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

I think its ugly. Though it might be the style, everything is boxy! also the framerate makes me cry

What ? Are we looking at the same videos ?
Vx Chemical

RE: Banjo Kazooie vids - Jul 10, 2008 03:29
I looked at the video special in HD.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Banjo Kazooie vids - Jul 10, 2008 05:13
Yes, that is the art direction.

I' m a bit interested in the vehicle customization...
< Message edited by Zoy -- 9 Jul 08 21:13:55 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Banjo Kazooie vids - Jul 11, 2008 09:19
My Interest has regained after watching that. Great stuff.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Banjo Kazooie vids - Jul 11, 2008 14:07
Looks like a great game for those interested in platformers. This is the game that MS should of had from had at launch.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Banjo Kazooie vids - Jul 11, 2008 21:35
I would much rather have had any of the following:

Perfect Dark 2
Banjo Threeie (proper)
Killer Instinct 3
Battletoads
Blast Corps 2
Conker' s Bad Fur Day 2
Grabbed By The Ghoulies 2
Jet Force Gemini 2
Kameo 2
Sabre Wulf (remake)
Vx Chemical

RE: Banjo Kazooie vids - Jul 11, 2008 22:19
Isnt it Banjo 3? just with slightly changed gameplay!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Banjo Kazooie vids - Jul 11, 2008 22:20
hmm i guess i will have to play this before i judge...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Banjo Kazooie vids - Jul 12, 2008 00:08

Isnt it Banjo 3? just with slightly changed gameplay!

No...

CVG: How do you think the Banjo hardcore will react to the changes?

Mayles: I think the generation of players that have played Banjo before are probably going to be shocked to start with. They' re probably going to look at it and say, ' Hang on a sec, this isn' t the Banjo I was expecting. What have you done? You' ve ruined it!'

But then hopefully, in a very short space of time, they' ll be able to see what we' ve done and like it. You' re never going to be able to change people' s opinions of the old games and how they felt at the time. Obviously you' re going to get a certain amount of rose-tinted glasses looking back on the old game being this wonderful masterpiece and nothing was ever wrong with it.

CVG: A lot of people who are going to be interested in Banjo 3 will be fans of the original. But a lot won' t have heard of Banjo. Obviously you don' t want this just to sell to the Banjo fans...?

Mayles: Oh no, certainly not. Our fan base will only shrink in time, it doesn' t increase. Obviously we have to appeal to new fans. It' s difficult. You look back for tradition' s sake and put stuff in there that' ll appeal to old fans, but I think it' s more important to have an eye on the future. We could quite easily have churned out a very shiny, high-polygon traditional Banjo game, but that wouldn' t have attracted too many new fans to be honest. I think a lot of the current Xbox players, or people that are considering buying an Xbox, would love to then say, " Oh, it' s just more of the same. Galaxy is better, blah blah blah" .

CVG: Did you get that a lot the first time around with Banjo. It was very similar to Mario 64?

Mayles: It is. I think the difference then was the platform genre was probably the major genre on that platform, and that was before GoldenEye came with its first-person shooting. But now it' s a lot different, there' s a lot less platformers.

I think to draw people back to platformers - certainly on an Xbox - we' ve got to do something that' s different and will actually appeal to a modern audience. And modern audiences, I think, don' t want to collect millions of objects.

I get what he' s saying but i can' t help being disappointed with the direction they' re taking.
Shin_Ishikawa

• Total Posts : 144
RE: Banjo Kazooie vids - Jul 12, 2008 01:20
I remember that I had banjo kazooie for the N64 and it used to be one of my favorite n64 games. I honestly can' t wait for this new installment. But looking at some of the new videos the game looks very different than banjo kazooie. Hoping it turns out to be a fun just likethe original.
Vx Chemical

RE: Banjo Kazooie vids - Jul 12, 2008 03:01
I never had a 64 so i never played Banjo
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Banjo Kazooie vids - Jul 12, 2008 03:08

Battletoads

Fuck yeah, if they gave us a new Battletoads in 2D at 1080p I would shit myself in glee.
2pac

RE: Banjo Kazooie vids - Jul 12, 2008 03:45

I never had a 64 so i never played Banjo

Me too until I got an emulator .. You should try it .. Thanks to emulators I have been able to play a lot of classics i missed .

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll