Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Are Microsoft loosing the plot?
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
Are Microsoft loosing the plot? - Feb 20, 2008 02:03
GDC Microsoft want to show the world XNA....Guess what folks the 360 they were using RROD' d

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/02/19/red_ring_of_death_xbox_game_developers_conference/

Now I see why old Billy boy is jumping ship!!!!
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Are Microsoft loosing the plot? - Feb 20, 2008 02:17
Didnt something similar happen last year at some trade show , or was it the ps3 , i am not sure .. Anyways its not a big deal i guess . The 360s reliability problems are pretty well known, but yes it is pretty stupid
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Are Microsoft loosing the plot? - Feb 20, 2008 02:19
How can you screw up so bad? Seriously, the Xbox was a pretty sturdy console (at least it never gave troubles to me and I really don' t remember hearing anything about big failures) and the 360 is literally just sh!t hardware wise. I sure hope this is fixed by NG2' s release, cause that' s the only game I want on the 360 and I wanna play it knowing the stupid thing won' t die.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Are Microsoft loosing the plot? - Feb 20, 2008 02:24

Didnt something similar happen last year at some trade show , or was it the ps3 , i am not sure .. Anyways its not a big deal i guess . The 360s reliability problems are pretty well known, but yes it is pretty stupid

Yeah, multiple shows last year. The last real E3 had a bunch of units ringing out, but the more famous one was at the Tokyo Games Show. I' ve still got pictures of the poor attendants trying to fan air into the kiosks.

As for the article in question, it' s what the fools get for using Zephyr boxes, instead of Falcon.

Idiots.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Are Microsoft loosing the plot? - Feb 20, 2008 02:58

Yeah, multiple shows last year. The last real E3 had a bunch of units ringing out, but the more famous one was at the Tokyo Games Show. I' ve still got pictures of the poor attendants trying to fan air into the kiosks.

Hey can I see those pictures.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Are Microsoft loosing the plot? - Feb 20, 2008 12:19
fucking losers
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Are Microsoft loosing the plot? - Feb 20, 2008 23:07
I love dumb fucks who put a 360 in a glas bubble and think it will be allright.

This isnt a N64 or Wii.

Do that to any high end pc when playing Crysis and see what happends.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Are Microsoft loosing the plot? - Feb 21, 2008 03:55

This isnt a N64 or Wii.

I remember my N64 getting really *really* hot when I used to play it. Wii' s quite chilly.

I understand what you' re saying though.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Are Microsoft loosing the plot? - Feb 21, 2008 04:42
Hot or not, the N64 was like a tank
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Are Microsoft loosing the plot? - Feb 21, 2008 05:36
Yeah, a tank.

One that took 6 years to learn how to get every part of it working properly.

Edit: Now that I' m thinking about it, the N64 and Playstation both had better build quality than any of their sucessors. Mine still both ran fine when I got rid of them last year.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 20 Feb 08 21:36:50 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Are Microsoft loosing the plot? - Feb 21, 2008 08:51
You dont put high specc pc' s which a 360 is in one way in a fucking plastic bubble.

Dont know who were so retarded to actually do that,and yes a vent with air brushing in from one side isnt sufficient either.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Are Microsoft loosing the plot? - Feb 22, 2008 23:15

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated
Edit: Now that I' m thinking about it, the N64 and Playstation both had better build quality than any of their sucessors. Mine still both ran fine when I got rid of them last year.

It' s a bit cliché of course but it really seems like the build quality in general gets a bit worse each generation.
And yeah, the Wii seems to be quite chilly as you said. I think that I remember Nintendo talking about them trying to make the console use as little power as possible. They mentioned in interviews that, while not having cutting edge graphics, they had some new cutting edge components when it came to saving energy etc.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/21/mouse-on-a-mini-bicycle-could-power-nintendos-wii/

By the way Quez, just wondering, did you mean air rushing in, or? and I agree, of course consoles that produce will suffer in those enclosed environments.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll