Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Afro Samurai!!!
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Afro Samurai!!! - Apr 17, 2008 15:38

Fans of Afro Samurai have a treat headed their way in the form of a game based on the show about a renegade African american Samurai seeking revenge on the killers of his father. Armed with his father' s trusty katana, he goes forth to slice and dice the evil doers.

In the build that I saw, the slicing and dicing was really the focus du jour. The game utilizes a dynamic cutting system that does away with the pre rendered cutting animations of past games. Wherever you cut your enemy, that' s exactly where the body part gets lopped off. And there were plenty of body parts flying around believe you me.

The game itself was gorgeous to look at. The art style was an amazing homage to dark anime and manga. The textures were gorgeous and at times looked almost photographic with the exception of the tight, thin lines outlining every object and character. Close up looks at the characters showed a beautiful texturing that mimics the scratchy pen and ink line style of many mangas. The character' s skin also had a texture applied that almost made them look like they were carved from a fine grain wood. Sometimes during certain scenes, the image would go split screen, showing approaching enemies and Afro Samurai at the same time in separate sections, adding to the overall anime/manga style of the graphics

Seeing as we just watched the fellow roam through a few of the levels laying waste to the many enemies, it was hard to get a real handle on the gameplay or running story. If the ending gameplay and story matches up to the beauty of the graphic treatment, Afro Samurai will be a game both fans and non-fans of the show will really enjoy when it hits sometime this fall.

Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Afro Samurai!!! - Apr 17, 2008 16:10
I' m disapointed. I thought the thread was going to be about this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEtIoGQxqQs
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Afro Samurai!!! - Apr 17, 2008 19:18

Rather strangely... so did I...

That' s Afro Ninja though.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Afro Samurai!!! - Apr 18, 2008 00:24
Those screens are huge!!!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Afro Samurai!!! - Apr 18, 2008 00:47
I had to resize my resolution just to take in the scope of it.

Were those from any particular source Canada? I' ve got time later today, I' ll repost them big-ish.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Afro Samurai!!! - Apr 18, 2008 02:32

Those screens are huge!!!

FIXED
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Afro Samurai!!! - Apr 18, 2008 07:52
This is the best cell shading ive ever seen to date. Think ill give it a try although i didnt like the cartoon. Its coming to 360/PS3 i suppose?

A game about this guy would rock.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message