Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 APB Sounds Like It Will Rock!!!
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
APB Sounds Like It Will Rock!!! - Feb 22, 2008 23:57
LINK

From the character customization, to how players will be brought into a " Match" as law enforcement when a crime is committed, APB sounds like it could be fantastic!!!!!!
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: APB Sounds Like It Will Rock!!! - Feb 23, 2008 01:30
It certainly is ambitious . I am not sure how all of what he said is actaully going to be implemented but atleast they are trying something different ..
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: APB Sounds Like It Will Rock!!! - Feb 23, 2008 03:09
Yep I' m getting it.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: APB Sounds Like It Will Rock!!! - Feb 23, 2008 03:20
I have the utmost faith in RealTime Worlds. I loved Crackdown, and this is one of my, if not the most-anticipated upcoming titles.

I' m surprised they chose Xbox 360 as a platform as opposed to PC though. It seems like a very PC-centric title.

Edit: I just went a-researchin' , and it' s due for the PC as well.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 22 Feb 08 19:20:45 >
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: APB Sounds Like It Will Rock!!! - Feb 23, 2008 10:30
I am especially interested in the no grinding concept . 2008 is going to suck my money out .. Almost every month from march we will be getting an awesome game .
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: APB Sounds Like It Will Rock!!! - Feb 23, 2008 22:02
This looks brilliant. Is it a subscription service or does it play out over Xbox Live?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: APB Sounds Like It Will Rock!!! - Feb 24, 2008 03:22
So is this supposed to be a modern day follow-up of the classic arcade game, OR they' re not connected at all??
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: APB Sounds Like It Will Rock!!! - Feb 24, 2008 03:45
I can' t see them tacking on an additional subscription above and beyond Live. It wouldn' t make fiscal sense.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: APB Sounds Like It Will Rock!!! - Feb 25, 2008 02:53

So is this supposed to be a modern day follow-up of the classic arcade game, OR they' re not connected at all??

Not connected at all. The Atari Games APB was absolutely brilliant, though!
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: APB Sounds Like It Will Rock!!! - Feb 25, 2008 03:52
This looks really interesting. I had never heard about this game before.

" We will not create any of the players in the game. The players will create them," said Jones before following up with, " One of the problems with user created content is that 90% of it is crap. We' ve all seen Second Life."

Hehe, let' s just hope that their own character customization turns out well. Judging by what they' re saying it might turn out great though.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: APB Sounds Like It Will Rock!!! - Feb 25, 2008 04:24
I absolutely love that character customization. I always hated it how people looked all the same in MMOs because there were so few customization options. Finally my character will look unique.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: APB Sounds Like It Will Rock!!! - Feb 25, 2008 05:14
Just a question: how many 360 games have used dedicated servers so far? Is this a new thing?

I can' t see them tacking on an additional subscription above and beyond Live. It wouldn' t make fiscal sense.

See thats what I thought when they first brought out MMOs - ' Surely people wont pay hundreds of pounds on top of the initial purchase just to play one game...' But lots of people seem to like giving their money away.

Me I' ve never subscribed for an MMO. The game would have to be like the matrix if I wanted to pay to live inside for months on end. (and I dont mean the god awful matrix MMO that came out years ago!)
< Message edited by choupolo -- 24 Feb 08 21:58:15 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: APB Sounds Like It Will Rock!!! - Feb 25, 2008 09:03

Just a question: how many 360 games have used dedicated servers so far? Is this a new thing?

Not many, if any at all. At least none come to mind.

See thats what I thought when they first brought out MMOs - ' Surely people wont pay hundreds of pounds on top of the initial purchase just to play one game...' But lots of people seem to like giving their money away.

Yeah, but only to a small handful of pay for play services. WoW being the prime example.

There are plenty of pay for play MMOs that barely make it out of the starting gate because they can' t compete with Blizzard. Folks might pay out the ass for one immersive online world, but two, well that' d just be stupid.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 25 Feb 08 1:15:22 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: APB Sounds Like It Will Rock!!! - Feb 25, 2008 09:33

ORIGINAL: choupolo

Final Fantasy XI and Phantasy Star Universe?
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: APB Sounds Like It Will Rock!!! - Feb 26, 2008 20:12
FF XI has dedicated servers and you have to pay too.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll