Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 720p vs. 1080i
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 41 to 60 of 106
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: 720p vs. 1080i - Sep 12, 2006 21:43
Hey Joe, in ' Working Man' s Nightmare' , the office space looks just like that from the first Matrix movie!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: 720p vs. 1080i - Sep 12, 2006 23:30
I' m not at liberty to post the professional stuff online, but if something pops up, I' ll link to it. This Friday we are shooting a commercial for some type of chocolate to be sold at Albertson' s.

You can see a few of my " just for fun" videos on Youtube at:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=redifer&search=Search
They are pretty old and I haven' t updated in a long time. Someone has a video of their mom playing a song I wrote or something... I did not videotape that or upload that.

Working Man is beige instead of Matrix green. :)
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 12 Sep 06 15:30:31 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: 720p vs. 1080i - Sep 13, 2006 06:53
It' s amazing how this Green palette set the mood for entire movie - many people will tell you that it looks great and has some kind of integrity, but they don' t realise it' s just this green color.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: 720p vs. 1080i - Sep 16, 2006 09:09

You didn' t even answer my question about the 300 pound TV.

Like I said it' s common sense, I don' t need to explain it.

Why does no one buy vynil anymore, because no one wants a huge disc, why does no one buy a 300lbs HDTV, because no one wants a huge TV.

It' s really simple logic. Are you incapable of thinking on your own and figuring simple things out?

But again you are retarded so I don' t expect more. As for kyo, he simply doesn' t know what he' s talking about, it' s that simple. If you want an explanation, google some of the terms he uses, learn what they are, and come back here and laugh at him because he has no idea what he' s talking about. Or go to any of the hundreds of HDTV forums out there and make the claims he does, you will be banned from half of them just for being so fucking stupid and talking about things you know nothing of.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 16 Sep 06 1:10:46 >
Joe Redifer

RE: 720p vs. 1080i - Sep 16, 2006 15:05
My question is what make and model this 300 pound TV was, not why people don' t buy CRTs. Your answer has nothing to do with my question. Looks like you' re the one who is retarded here. But we' d all expect nothing more from you since you can only back up yourself by insulting others than with facts.

You have a severe disability to present any facts to support any argument you ever make on any subject. Why do you even post on this forum? Answer that, too.

The answer to both of these questions is: " Evil Man doesn' t know" .
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 16 Sep 06 7:07:30 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: 720p vs. 1080i - Sep 16, 2006 16:33
Joe,Evil man doesn' t know!
Nitro

RE: 720p vs. 1080i - Sep 18, 2006 08:53
Evil, i don' t know what you do for a living, but say you were a doctor (right!), i wouldn' t question your expertise in a medical situation, because you' re (hypothetically) a doctor. I' d listen to you and learn.

Joe works in the audio/video industry. He' s already stated that he shoots HD commercials. Everybody here knows he knows what he' s talking about, and you arguing with him is only making you look foolish
]GaNgStA[

RE: 720p vs. 1080i - Sep 18, 2006 18:12
especially when you lack arguments and he gives you good explanation for all your yelling and screaming.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: 720p vs. 1080i - Sep 18, 2006 18:53
Wasn' t Evil Man some kinda engineer at Intel or something?
Maybe I was just dreaming that....
I see him often in my nightmares...
...he should stop using that Morpheus avatar. It' s scary!
Nitro

RE: 720p vs. 1080i - Sep 18, 2006 23:46

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

I actually suspect he' s a 19 year old au pair.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: 720p vs. 1080i - Sep 19, 2006 11:02

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

I' m thinking younger, judging by this

He was really friendly back then, so maybe he just hit puberty or something and can' t deal with all the changes?
Evil Man

RE: 720p vs. 1080i - Sep 19, 2006 12:29
Back then the forum wasn' t full of retards. I' ve been here longer than most of you kiddos, and this place wasn' t full of dumb fucks so I treated everyone accordingly.

Majik - what' s your point? I' ve worked with " Computer Science" Engineers that I had to teach how to configure they' re e-mail addresses on outlook express. You' d think they' d know, they' re geniuses in one thing but complete fucking idiots on another, that is probably the case of joe - he really doesn' t know what he' s talking about when it comes to TVs, we don' t even know if he' s good at what he does actually.

I' ve seen musicians reccomend iPods, oh wow theyre musicians they must know what is good and isn' t - they don' t. They record music, not review portable music players, and ipods suck ass. I don' t even see how you make a connection, working for a company that shoots commercials makes you an HDTV expert?

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Evil, i don' t know what you do for a living, but say you were a doctor (right!), i wouldn' t question your expertise in a medical situation, because you' re (hypothetically) a doctor. I' d listen to you and learn.

Then you are retarded, alot of doctors don' t know what they' re doing. You should have enough basic know-how to know when someone is bullshiting, what Joe (and especially Kyo) say about HDTVs, is like a doctor saying drinking rat poision is good for your health - I don' t care about their experience, work, degrees, career, whatever - some things are just simply incorrect.

Take a few hours to browse the internet and inform yourself about HDTVs from credible sources, not some loser that makes half-assed commercials. If you do this you will see Joe/Kyo are wrong, and it' s not complex, just some BASIC knowledge and common sense will have you arrive at that conclusion. I don' t simply pull information out of my ass, everything I say about HDTV' s is simply a re-iteration of what actual experts say, unlike some of the guys here that live in a fantasy world where progressive scan images look better on interlaced displays.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 19 Sep 06 4:57:06 >
Joe Redifer

RE: 720p vs. 1080i - Sep 19, 2006 15:08
Evil Man, I dare you to respond to each of the following points (if you even can):

#1 - How do you know the commercials I shoot and edit are half-assed? Do you know which commercials I do? Do you think commercials are ALL I do?

#2 - Prove my knowledge wrong about HDTVs. Make me look like an idiot in front of everybody. Don' t just SAY I' m wrong. Back it up with facts. You' re all talk and no shock, dude. Of course it' s easy to act like a tough guy on the internet.

#3 - If the forum is full of retards now, why do you keep coming back? Unless you really like hanging out with retards or are perhaps one yourself. This really is an important question and I' d like to know your answer.

#4 - You STILL have not answered my question about the HDTV make and model number. It is now PROVEN that you don' t know what you are talking about.

OK the ball' s in your court now, Evil Man. Show us all how smart you are and how dumb I am. Prove it. Do it. Oh, you can' t? I am betting that you don' t even respond to all of my points, if any at all.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 19 Sep 06 7:12:08 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: 720p vs. 1080i - Sep 19, 2006 21:07
You are a very patient man Joe :)
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: 720p vs. 1080i - Sep 20, 2006 01:48

Now, now Majik...

That' s totally uncalled for..
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: 720p vs. 1080i - Sep 20, 2006 04:46
Evil Man.logic = NULL

Anyways...
We just got a 65" 1080P DLP and it looks better when it is set to 1080i than 720p since the native resolution is 1080.

It is pretty cool being able to play 4 player split screen and still have bigger screens than on our 32" LCD.
]GaNgStA[

RE: 720p vs. 1080i - Sep 20, 2006 04:57
Hmm I haven' t thought about it this way... with 100" screen from projector each player would have a 50" screen.

So how do 360 games look on a 1080p? are there any differences that you' ve noticed?
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 19 Sep 06 20:58:28 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: 720p vs. 1080i - Sep 20, 2006 05:18
Well it isn' t really 1080P its 1080i converted to 1080p.

Oblivion just looks amazing. My friend bought one of the extra things with the huge tower that overlooks everything and went to the top of it and looked down on everything. Wow, it was just amazing.

The contrast ratio on this TV is a lot better so that makes things look better. Otherwise there isn' t much of a difference. Games look slightly sharper when set to 1280x720 on my 2 ms monitor. This is due to no scaling taking place.

In terms of sharpness DVD' s and regular TV look about the same as on our 32" 720P (1366x786 native) LCD. The contrast and size of our 65" DLP make them look better than on the LCD though.

The TV makes our room seem small.

So now we have a 65" 1080P DLP TV, 32" 720P 8 ms LCD, 32" flatscreen CRT SDTV, 27" curved CRT and also my 20" 1280x1024 2 ms LCD. For consoles we have 3 Xbox 360' s, an Xbox 1 and a Dreamcast. We also have a laptop with MCE on it and I found this thing that let' s you stream divx and xvid to the 360 (everything we have is networked). We haven' t tried that out yet though. We also have another computer connected to the TV to play movies like that.

It is tempting to set the 65" TV on it' s side and play Ikaruga how it is supposed to be played.
Evil Man

RE: 720p vs. 1080i - Sep 20, 2006 12:45

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer
#1 - How do you know the commercials I shoot and edit are half-assed? Do you know which commercials I do? Do you think commercials are ALL I do?

I' m simply judging by the general lack of knowledge and common sense you show in these forums, surely someone so fucking stupid couldn' t produce quality material. You are hinting that you do something else besides commercials which means you go on an off between jobs because no one wants your services for any prolonged period of time.

#2 - Prove my knowledge wrong about HDTVs.

That' s easy,
a) You agree with Kyo, which makes you an idiot because everything he said is wrong.
b) you make assinine statements about how a 1368x768 TV upscaling a 720p image by 3% (I' m counting overscan in its favor) makes it " trash" . That' s something only a noob that doesn' t know what he' s talking about would say, you can' t even acknowledge that for someone who wants to hook up their PCs to an LCD they want that resolution in the first place. Instead of saying something informative like " well, I prefer native 720p, but 768p only upscales the image by 3% making it almost impossible for the human eye to detect a difference, and it' s also a better native resolution for PCs" but no you just call it trash - because you dont know what you' re talking about.

I for instance use my 768p LCD for PC -AND- TV/Consoles, they are both equally important to me to have hooked up, if I had a 720p TV I wont have the best rez for PCs, and if I get a 768p I wont have the best rez for PCs - having to choose between the two I go for 768 because I cannot detect a difference in the 3% upscale, and I like to have a good rez for content coming off my PC. You' d never hear me say " oh 720p TVs are garbage because I dont have one and 768p suites my needs better" .

#3 - If the forum is full of retards now, why do you keep coming back? Unless you really like hanging out with retards or are perhaps one yourself. This really is an important question and I' d like to know your answer.

Because I can.

#4 - You STILL have not answered my question about the HDTV make and model number. It is now PROVEN that you don' t know what you are talking about.

I don' t keep a record of model #s on TV, I don' t even remember the model #s of the TVs that I personally OWN, much would I for a discontinued interlaced TV. I' m sure if you look around for discontinued CRTs on the internet you' ll find the model #.

As for DLPs I' m looking to get one soon too, if I can still return my 1080p LCD, think its only been 2-3 weeks since I go it so I should be able to.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 20 Sep 06 4:58:31 >
Joe Redifer

RE: 720p vs. 1080i - Sep 20, 2006 13:05
Haha! Just the answers I would expect from a 14 year old. You haven' t proven that you' re smart or that I' m stupid... you' ve only proven that you disagree with me. Your answer to my question #1 is hilarious. You assume that all my job is about is to shoot commercials. My company simply CAN' T do other things so I must go other places and do other things. Awesome! And you revert back to insulting me, which means you are incapable of talking like an adult. But then again you ARE 14.

I' ll address some other stuff later.
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 41 to 60 of 106

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread