Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 47
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 07:26
I think it looks excellent visually. I can' t really tell about the gameplay. Its sorta boring to watch, but it seems like something I would have to experience as the person holding the controller to judge. My biggest complaint(other than the fact that I don' t like the PS3 controller for FPS) is definitely the voice acting. They' re trying so hard that its comical.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 07:36
Yeah it' s going to be painful to play this game with the SIXAXIS. They really fucked up the R/L 2 buttons. I hope we can customize the controls so I can use R1 button for fire (which still sucks).

I' m holding the controller now and fuck it pisses me off... Curse the Japanese and their tiny hands. Fuckers can' t design anything right.
Taz

• Total Posts : 8
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 08:00
i am i one of the only people who actually doesnt mind the sixaxis/dualshock for FPS? and i dont have little chinese hands.

Not sure if this has been posted on here before but here is mix of vids in HD from gamersyde

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_6441_en.aspx

Looks fantastic and they have still got a far while to go before release. Its got so much potential i hope they dnt cock it up
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 08:06

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

I' ve never said that. I said UE3 steamrolls Crysis in terms of detail for performance. And it does.

I know what you said. Kind of a pointless thing to say when:

a) Crysis is still vastly superior to U3 engine, U3 can' t reach the level that CryEngine2 plays on. So it' s a moot point. It would be like saying that I have a higher strength per weight ratio than Mike Tyson. If I asked Mike on his opinion of strenth to weight ratio, he' d break my neck.

b) Crysis is coded badly, much of the performance problems come from poor usage of the CPU. Not all of it is graphic related. The proof of this is that when you run a Crysis benchmark using a benchmarking tool you can get high frames, but in game with a lot of enemies the frames drop dramatically.

Even putting this aside I would still argue that Crysis has a higher sexiness to frames ratio than UT3. UT3 gets what 5 times the frames as Crysis with everything maxed out? Crysis is at least 10 times sexier than UT3. UT3 is not that impressive, it' s kind of fugly actually. It looks nothing like early previews. Especially in 1920x1200, everything is muddier than diarrhea.

/sigh

I get over 60 fps running UT3 and Gears maxed out at 1680x1050 on my computer. It looks way better than Crysis on medium which gets me less fps.

It matters a lot.

Trying to explain this to you is like teaching a pig math. It' s beyond your comprehension. I don' t know why I even try.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 08:19

Yeah it' s going to be painful to play this game with the SIXAXIS. They really ***ed up the R/L 2 buttons. I hope we can customize the controls so I can use R1 button for fire (which still sucks).
To me it kind of feels like its crippling my hands.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 08:23

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

I get over 60 fps running UT3 and Gears maxed out at 1680x1050 on my computer. It looks way better than Crysis on medium which gets me less fps.

It matters a lot.

Trying to explain this to you is like teaching a pig math. It' s beyond your comprehension. I don' t know why I even try.

So what happens when the 9900 range arrives and you can get >60fps in Crysis?

Actually, what card do you currently own?
Agent Ghost

RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 08:24

You' re still basing your argument on the idea that Gears looks better than Crysis. Having Crysis on medium is not fair. As I said the game is starved for more CPU proccessing power. Crysis does not scale well by lowering the settings for this reason.

Crysis just has more going on. Crysis has more adanced AI, physics, environmental effects, animations... Graphics are not the only thing that taxes a PC. The game also has a far greater draw distance than either Gears or UT3.

Technologically speaking Crysis is almost a generation ahead of UT3 or Gears.

I understand what you' re saying. UT3 does do a good job of being graphically efficient. I' m saying that it' s not a fair comparison. I could say that Mario Galaxy is more GPU efficient than Halo 3, would that impress you?

The more complex a game is, the less efficient it becomes. That' s basic.

So what happens when the 9900 range arrives and you can get >60fps in Crysis?

I doubt it. The GTX 280 (9900GTX) will be like a 9800GX2 in terms of raw performance. An GTX 280 sli might be powerful enough but Crysis doesn' t like multiple cards. Besides like I was saying Crysis needs a stronger CPU. Maybe with Intels next gen chips Crysis might have a chance. Crysis is so bottlenecked by the CPU that we might even see a decrease in performance, as the CPU chokes even more to feed the GPU.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce--9800-gtx-sli-review-bfg/7

Do you see how the 9800gtx sli and 9800GX2 perform the same accross all the resolutions? That' s because there' s a CPU bottleneck. You can expect the GTX280 to perform the same for Crysis. Any other game will be able to take advantage of the extra power though. The performance of a GTX 280 should be very similar to a 9800GX2 in most games.
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 19 May 08 0:48:57 >
locopuyo

RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 08:56
I have an 8800 GTS 640mb.
The efficency matters because barely anyone has a PC that runs Crysis smooth on High settings. They can run UT3 and Gears at playable framerates that look better than what they can run Crysis at.
I can run crysis on high and it looks great, but I really don' t like playing FPS or any games on PC at less than 60 fps. I' ll probably build a new PC within a year or so. I don' t know if I' ll even want to play crysis by that time though since I don' t really replay single player games. I' ll probably fool around in it a bit but by that time I probably won' t even care about the game and there may be something better looking out.

Agent you don' t understand it at all. Just because it is more complex does not mean it is less efficient. Doing things using Shader 3, which is way more complex than your basic shaders gets you way more detail for the performance.
You also don' t understand that the vast majority of the detail in Crysis comes from simply having higher detailed shaders and more polygons. Anyone could just make higher detailed characters and a higher detailed level for UT3 matching Crysis on high settings and it would get a much better frame rate than Crysis.
Agent Ghost

RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 09:06

Agent you don' t understand it at all. Just because it is more complex does not mean it is less efficient. Doing things using Shader 3, which is way more complex than your basic shaders gets you way more detail for the performance.

I wasn' t only talking about the graphics when I said Crysis is more complex. And Crysis and UT3 both use shader model 3. So...

Anyone could just make higher detailed characters and a higher detailed level for UT3 matching Crysis on high settings and it would get a much better frame rate than Crysis.

You wouldn' t even be able to make Crysis using Unreal 3 engine.
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 19 May 08 1:09:46 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 09:36

Definetly, but what makes this look better than Haze, except for the obvious graphics.

-Fantastic art direction.
-A well developed plot.
-A unique sense of style. Look at the game, face value, and you have a futuristic shooter. Look at it a little deeper, and you can see homages and references a great number of the best FPS of the last ten years, in gameplay and in design.
-A huge budget, and a team that has proven itself, if not fantastic, to be competent (Look at Killzone: Liberation for competent).
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 10:09
Killzone 2 will finally force me to buy a PS3.
locopuyo

RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 10:32

I wasn' t only talking about the graphics when I said Crysis is more complex. And Crysis and UT3 both use shader model 3. So...

Anyone could just make higher detailed characters and a higher detailed level for UT3 matching Crysis on high settings and it would get a much better frame rate than Crysis.

You wouldn' t even be able to make Crysis using Unreal 3 engine.

I didn' t want to insult you... but you' re a either an idiot or an asshole.

I mentioned shader 3 as an example so maybe you could understand what I' m talking about, but you just didn' t grasp it. It is obviously way over your head. You have no idea how the engines work, not even the very basics. It isn' t worth discussing this with you because you just blatantly deny or ignore all of the facts I present to you. Then you go off and try to argue with something that is completely irrelevant. I don' t know if you' re just that stupid and actually think it is relevant or if you realize you' re wrong and just don' t want to accept it.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 10:45

Do you see how the 9800gtx sli and 9800GX2 perform the same accross all the resolutions? That' s because there' s a CPU bottleneck. You can expect the GTX280 to perform the same for Crysis. Any other game will be able to take advantage of the extra power though. The performance of a GTX 280 should be very similar to a 9800GX2 in most games.

G92 is limited by bandwidth actually. The bandwidth limitations become signficantly noticeable in high resolutions. At 1920x1200 and over with AA enabled, the GX2 is generally slower than a single G80 (GTX/Ultra). Crysis is probably very bandwidth hungry although CPU limitations probably do come into it somewhat.
Agent Ghost

RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 10:57

I didn' t want to insult you... but you' re a either an idiot or an asshole.

Probably depends on who you ask.

No need to be so hostile loco. I understand what you' re saying I just disagree with you. You' re the one that has a hard time with this, I don' t care if you agree with me or not.

Saying the same thing over and over will not convince me, show me some sort of proof if you have such a vast understanding of things instead of irrelevant " examples" . You' re saying that UT3 is more graphically efficient (that may be true), I' m saying that Crysis is so bottlenecked by the CPU that it doesn' t matter. Crysis is more demanding on the CPU than UT3 which accounts for low frames even with uber graphic cards. Why are you ignoring this? You speak as if the fps depends solely on the graphics. Run a benchmark run of Crysis and then measure the frames while playing the game. You' ll see a HUGE difference.

More importantly UT3 doesn' t look that good, maybe you' re visually impared but it looks like shit compared to Crysis, especially at higher resolutions.

When the GTX 280 and HD 4870 rolls out and the frames are no better for Crysis comparing different resolutions, you' ll understand that Crysis is CPU bottlenecked.

G92 is limited by bandwidth actually. The bandwidth limitations become signficantly noticeable in high resolutions. At 1920x1200 and over with AA enabled, the GX2 is generally slower than a single G80 (GTX/Ultra). Crysis is probably very bandwidth hungry although CPU limitations probably do come into it somewhat.

I know about bandwidth limitations but if this is the explanation for Crysis having very close fps at 1280x1024 vs. 1920x1200 using a 9800GX2 then why does this not happen with other games? Also why does SLI have no effect?

Crysis is just poorly coded.

< Message edited by agent ghost -- 19 May 08 3:37:07 >
UnluckyOne

RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 11:41

I know about bandwidth limitations but if this is the explanation for Crysis having very close fps at 1280x1024 vs. 1920x1200 using a 9800GX2 then why does this not happen with other games? Also why does SLI have no effect?

IMO Crysis is just poorly coded for CPU usage. Maybe it' s even bottlenecked by system memory bandwidth. When Nehalem arrives, that will make a bigger difference than a GTX 280 or HD 4870. We' ll see.

The GX2 is reliant on how SLI performs in any given game. Crysis is known to have shithouse SLI support. SLI in general has attrocious scaling issues. It' s probably only running one GPU, or trying to run both poorly, resulting in worse performance. Other games may not have the same issues with SLI.

The GX2 is a horrible card anyway. It' s just a kneejerk reaction to ATI' s X2 in order to maintain their performance crown. Though in reality it' s a slapstick effort to bandaid the situation until their next cards come out.

Crysis certainly does stress the CPU, but I don' t think it' s the main bottleneck in most situations.
Agent Ghost

RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 11:58
Crossfire doesn' t do much better as far as the 3870X2 is conserned either. It could be due to the memory bandwidth as you were saying. I realised this before your last post.

This would explain why an 8800 ULTRA performs favorably to a 9800GX2.

I doubt next gen will be a revolution for Crysis when an ULTRA has 104GBps bandwidth compared to about 128GBps of a GTX 280
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 12:01

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

a team that has proven itself, if not fantastic, to be competent (Look at Killzone: Liberation for competent).

Except for Liberation they have done nothing .

The art direction and sound were great even in the original KZ .. These were the only things that kept me playing the game , everything else sucked ...
< Message edited by 2pac -- 19 May 08 4:05:44 >
UnluckyOne

RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 12:12

Crossfire doesn' t do much better as far as the 3870X2 is conserned either. It could be due to the memory bandwidth as you were saying. I realised this before your last post.

This would explain why an 8800 ULTRA performs favorably to a 9800GX2.

I doubt next gen will be a revolution for Crysis when an ULTRA has 104GBps bandwidth compared to about 128GBps of a GTX 280

Performance wise, the R600/RV670 gets destroyed by the G80/92. But Crossfire scales infinitely better than SLI. With SLI you' re going to get approximately a 30% increase in performance when you add a second card. 50% at best. With Crossfire, adding a second card generally gets you a 60-80% performance increase. I' ve seen cases where it' s closer to 100%.

In short, single card performance is better with Nvidia. Multiple cards is currently best for Crossfire.
Agent Ghost

RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 12:28

In short, single card performance is better with Nvidia. Multiple cards is currently best for Crossfire.

I know, that' s why I fully expect HD 4870X2 quad Crossfire to beat GTX280 SLI in most cases, hell even a single HD 4870X2 should beat a single GTX280. It' s too bad the 4870X2 is only expected in September.

I' ll probably wait until the GTX280 goes 55nm before I replace my 8800GTX regardless of which camp I fall into.

I guess if I wanted the Crysis killer I would wait for a videocard with 4Ghz effective memory coupled with a 512bit bus...
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 19 May 08 4:28:36 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: 3 Killzone 2 gameplay videos - May 19, 2008 16:30

-Fantastic art direction.
-A well developed plot.
-A unique sense of style. Look at the game, face value, and you have a futuristic shooter. Look at it a little deeper, and you can see homages and references a great number of the best FPS of the last ten years, in gameplay and in design.
-A huge budget, and a team that has proven itself, if not fantastic, to be competent (Look at Killzone: Liberation for competent).

I dont see all of this from looking at the trailers.

The art direction is pretty good, but the execution of it is amazing, the graphics are stunning, but its just another Grey/brown shooter, id like to see a shooter thats not modern, not grey and not in a jungle :P.

Farcry 2 yeeehaaww..
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 47

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread