Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 2007 is going to rock
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 25 of 25
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: 2007 is going to rock - Oct 23, 2006 03:30
I think late october, early november 2006 is rocking.
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Call of Duty 3
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
Gears of War
Wii and PS3 launch
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: 2007 is going to rock - Oct 23, 2006 05:17

I' ve played a fair amount of PC shooters, and while aiming is definately more accurate, I feel like my reaction time is slower with everything else. Console shooters have their disadvantages now, but it' s very possible that will release mouse/keyboard support for their console. Not to mention the Wii' s controller, which is still as-of-now, a very " weird" way to game.

This is purely speculation, but what would you think of a controller scheme that is basically like the Wii nunchuck controller in the left hand (instead of WASD keyboard) and the mouse in the right hand? The linearity of the keyboard movements has always been a drawback to me. I know you can move diagonally if you combine keys, but that still seems like a strangely limited movement scheme.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: 2007 is going to rock - Oct 23, 2006 05:23

Mouse and keyboard is great for precision, but the keyboard has some drawbacks, especially when you' re playing fast paced games with lots of buttons.(a.k.a. FPS) Four of your fingers need to constantly be on WASD or Up Down Left Right which leaves your other two fingers fairly inacessable.

Freak!!, Six fingers.. ERgg..

I play quake 3 (still the most precise and speed dependant FPS), im rated in the top 10 threewave Players in Europe... I’ve tried playing the combination of gamepad / Mouse and it just doesn’t cut it..

Keyboard controls are fully customisable and Most PC FPS players customise the button layouts on both Mouse and keyboard. I can perform the very quickest weapon changes / Movements with my Keyboard layouts which it IMPOSSIBLE to do on a pad..

Also, anyone who prefers Gamepad over M&K obviously can’t handle the scope of control the later provides and does not play games that really need the extra scope.

Back to Topic..

2007 is gona be a cool year for games all round. 360' s new wave software will come into play and Nintendo are holding a few brand new IP' s for the Wii, Most importantly I get to play the deepest and most beautiful fighting game so far… ' VF5' in arcade perfect form.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: 2007 is going to rock - Oct 23, 2006 05:40
Alan Wake
Mass Effect (my interest in single-player games has diminished in recent years, but these two games... particularly Mass Effect... have me interested)
After Burner (if this turns out to be as fun and graceful an update as Outrun 2)
Sega Rally Revo (developed in part by many of the team that worked on Rallisport 2)
Lost Planet (I wasn' t interested in this until I saw the multiplayer aspect, with what appear to be some fairly fast, agile mechs)
Guitar Hero II (06/07 depending on your console of choice)
Virtua Fighter 5
Assassin' s Creed
Half Life 2 / Portal / Team Fortress 2 (what an amazing collection... Portal in particular intrigues me)
untitled Sucker Punch project (always a high-quality effort from this crew)
Super Mario Galaxy
Soul Calibur IV

< Message edited by Zoy -- 22 Oct 06 22:03:32 >
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: 2007 is going to rock - Oct 23, 2006 08:16
Generally I take the statement " Great game" as a package Deal. Halo was a " good game" in my opinion because it was so different from the shooters of that time...the only reason I would never classify it as " Great" is because of the sequel...as a package deal Bungie Fucked up big time with the story (I even bought the collector' s edition and watched how they screwed the story up royally for the sequel). If however I didn' t judge Halo' s credentials on its sequel as well, I would completely agree with you...Halo was a GREAT game...Halo 2 wasn' t.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 25 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message