Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 1up/EGM being childish again...
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: 1up/EGM being childish again... - Dec 13, 2007 05:38
I' d give it an 8 personally. I had a great time with it. I feel people are really being too harsh on the game.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: 1up/EGM being childish again... - Dec 13, 2007 06:38
I feel people are being to soft on it actually. Most reviews tend to turn the eye on the glitches, bad AI and monotony of the mission design.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: 1up/EGM being childish again... - Dec 13, 2007 22:48
This thread actually makes me want to play the thing. My bro has been staying over and using it recently on my 360, but sod him, as soon as I finish my marking I' ll have to give it a shot myself. It odesn' t look or sound that bad a game from what ive seen of it so far.

Reviews are subjective and always will be, look at newgrounds, many people zero a falsh game even if it' s not their cup of tea, so you cant take them seriously but as for professional reviewers it is their job to put themselves in the mindset of the intended audience and make a judgement. This is most perobably what Edge did, but they are controlled by Future who still havent paid me for work I did in July!

Everyone has their own scale, for me less than 5 is a bad game, but who where really bases their purchase decisions of other peoples reviews? They only came about because back in the day it was hard to get hold of demo' s, now we can all judge for ourself. Scores today are more about taglines and marketing today than ever been before. Which is OK, because this is the way it has always been.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: 1up/EGM being childish again... - Dec 13, 2007 22:56
The glitches aren' t bad. Clipping was really the only issue I had and it wasn' t significant enough to bomb the game for it. The AI while not the brightest fit the combat system. If you were to get swarmed with the combat system that was implemented you' d be screwed. Sure the missions got repetitive towards the end, there' s no question of that. Still though, being able to run around those huge cities as a free runner was awesome.

I loved the story, I loved the visuals, I loved the animations, I loved the controls, the assassinations were awesome, reversals in combat were awesome, the atmosphere was great, and in the end the game was entertaining. I' m really looking forward to the sequels.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 13 Dec 07 14:56:28 >
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread