Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 15 minutes of Red Alert 3!!!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
15 minutes of Red Alert 3!!! - May 28, 2008 21:45
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: 15 minutes of Red Alert 3!!! - May 28, 2008 22:27
freaking love red alert!, ra2 is still played online to this day :)
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: 15 minutes of Red Alert 3!!! - May 28, 2008 22:38
I was more of a starcraft person, i never liked the C&C style, it lacks the finesse of starcraft
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: 15 minutes of Red Alert 3!!! - May 29, 2008 08:15
It is hard to get excited for this game with StarCraft 2 on the horizon. But this does look pretty sweet, I really like the water graphics and naval warfare.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: 15 minutes of Red Alert 3!!! - May 29, 2008 12:04
I' m still watching the video. At first I' m thinking fail, too colorful. But that' s before I saw the explosions...SICK.

Then there' s this:

" Units above enemy units are invisible." Brilliant!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: 15 minutes of Red Alert 3!!! - May 29, 2008 13:40

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

I' m still watching the video. At first I' m thinking fail, too colorful. But that' s before I saw the explosions...SICK.

Then there' s this:

" Units above enemy units are invisible." Brilliant!

Well it' s like that in StarCraft.
Agent Ghost

RE: 15 minutes of Red Alert 3!!! - May 30, 2008 17:07

Really? I didn' t know that. I didn' t play PC games when SC was popular.

Obviously SC2 is the bigger title but lately I have an itch for new RTS games, I may get both. SC2 for sure.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: 15 minutes of Red Alert 3!!! - May 30, 2008 17:43

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

Really? I didn' t know that. I didn' t play PC games when SC was popular.

Obviously SC2 is the bigger title but lately I have an itch for new RTS games, I may get both. SC2 for sure.

You have SupCom and Sins of a Solar Empire right?
Agent Ghost

RE: 15 minutes of Red Alert 3!!! - May 30, 2008 18:14
I never picked up SupCom, I do have Sins of a Solar Empire.

SSE is ok, it' s not as good as I would have liked. The game shipped completely broken, I had to wait for patches just to be able to run the game without crashing, then theres all kinds of gameplay issues. Most of them have been fixed, I' m still waiting for the next big patch (1.1) before I really get into the game.

The biggest complaint I have is that most of the pictures of ingame screenshots do not represent how the game as it plays or looks.

You see a lot of screenshots that look like this:

Most of the time the game plays like this:

At any time you can zoom in to the action but it' s nearly imossible control a fleet in this view, so you find yourself zooming out most of the time.

That' s not to say it' s a bad game though. I had a few great moments. I usually don' t play RTS games online but I gave it a few go' s. In one game I was getting my ass handed to me by a few other guys. They didn' t even need to attack me directly, I suck enough that they simply over shadowed me economically. Anyways, there are pirates in the game which you can use to put bounties on other players. Sort of a way to anonymously attack another player without risking your fleet.

I was in a match with four other guys, I was the weakest.
I managed to save some loot and I put a sizable bounty on the 2nd top player who was at war with the top player. Then I immediately put the rest of my cash towards a bounty for the strongest player. 1st and 2nd place thought it was eachother who placed the bounties since they were at war anyways. The pirates (who are overpowered early in the game) will attack whoever has the highest bounty. So these two poor ***s ruined themselves trying to add a higher bounty on the other guy out of spite and fear of the pirates. Not only did they waste a fortune on trying to raise over their own bounty, they both ended up getting raped by pirates after they were both broke. The Pirates will essentially do damage equal to the bounty placed on them. PWNED!

It was hilarious.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 30 May 08 19:14:26 >
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: 15 minutes of Red Alert 3!!! - May 30, 2008 19:03
I like sins of a solar empire, too bad it practically has no single player campaign, that game could have had a great plot.
< Message edited by emofag -- 30 May 08 11:03:55 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message